Copper John

Crusing Bob

Does anyone know what HAL ship Copper is working on since he retired?
He moves around. If you look at the end of his signature block you'll see:

*Maasdam 11/02/10-01/17/11 *Statendam 04/15/11-06/19/11 *Volendam 06/22/11-08/31/11

After the Volendam he joins the Maasdam in Rome mid-Nov for a T-A, and then leaves her mid-Jan 2012.

The last I heard he was on the Statendam but my information is obviously dated. He is now apprently doing the inside passage out of Vancouver on the m.s. Volendam. I hope to sail with him someday but the odds are against it.

Himself

Somehow I missed that Cooper John was working on HAL ships. How fabulous for him. Can anyone tell me what his job entails? All I know is I've missed his posts for months and was thinking that either I don't read the threads he posting on or he just isn't posting anymore.

Can anyone tell me what his job entails? All I know is I've missed his posts for months and was thinking that either I don't read the threads he posting on or he just isn't posting anymore.
He's the Security Officer for whatever ship he is on. He posts a little when he's working a cruise, but mostly between cruises. Since he has 2.5 months off after the Volendam you'll probably see a lot of his posts starting early September. :)

But is he allowed to have his wife with him?
He told my DH in Apr that "this time she is going to join me on at least two one-week cruises", but didn't say which ship(s). Also between 8/31 and 11/10 they're going on a HAL cruise as passengers!

Guess I'm late to this party.

Any way, I hope John reads this and receives my congratulations on his retirement and my Bravo's for arranging a dream 2nd career.

I would so love to coincide with him on any DAM ship.

John, all the best,

Reuel

Any way, I hope John reads this and receives my congratulations on his retirement and my Bravo's for arranging a dream 2nd career.

John, all the best,

Reuel

Ditto!

John, all the best,

Reuel

I was sitting with him by the Lido Pool on the Veendam last year having a light lunch. He pulled the old "Hey your shoe`s untied" trick on me and snatched several of my french fries when I looked down. Just a warning.

Archived