OK, Here's the deal

Bobed1927

We'll be flying into New Jersey for a cruise out of Cape Liberty in September(I presume that EWR is the airport of choice).

I am somewhat handicapped so I cannot walk any appreciable distance and, since my SO always overpacks, I will need assistance with luggage.

We will be flying in from San Francisco and will be arriving in Newark fairly late -probably about 9PM- so we'd like to stay close to the airport so we an have dinner and get settled. Our hotel preferences would be:

Although price will not be a governing factor we'd like a moderately priced hotel.

Shuttle service from LWR to the hotel.

Hotel check room for overnight storage of heavy pieces of luggage. Otherwise assistance with luggage to our room.

Restaurant.

I will arrange for car service to take us to the port in the morning.

thoughts/recommendations?

What exact date do you need a room? What do you consider a "moderately priced hotel"? Newark is a highly urban industrial area and we recommend that you be selective about your hotel. There are essentially three types of hotels at Newark.

1) Full service hotels with bell hop service for your luggage and restaurant service

2) Limited service hotels with more limited assistance, free breakfast, and no restaurant - take out service only

3) "Fringe" hotels that we don't recommend

Late dining could be an issue - it's unlikely you would arrive at any hotel before 10 pm.

The hotel shuttle will be your main problem. All the hotels will have shuttles, but you have to get yourself to P4 on the monorail. This involves getting your luggage from the ground level in the terminal up to the monorail station on the uppermost level. Elevators and luggage carts are available. I don't think you can take the luggage cart on the monorail. You ride to the P4 station where you have to get your stuff out to the shuttle pickup area. If managing your luggage is an issue, then you should plan on paying for a cab to your hotel.

We'll be flying into New Jersey for a cruise out of Cape Liberty in September(I presume that EWR is the airport of choice).

I am somewhat handicapped so I cannot walk any appreciable distance and, since my SO always overpacks, I will need assistance with luggage.

We will be flying in from San Francisco and will be arriving in Newark fairly late -probably about 9PM- so we'd like to stay close to the airport so we an have dinner and get settled. Our hotel preferences would be:

Although price will not be a governing factor we'd like a moderately priced hotel.

Shuttle service from LWR to the hotel.

Hotel check room for overnight storage of heavy pieces of luggage. Otherwise assistance with luggage to our room.

Restaurant.

I will arrange for car service to take us to the port in the morning.

thoughts/recommendations?

With your lengthy list of requirements, I would go for the Marriott. I think they have 24 hour room service at least.

To make your stay more enjoyable, I would not go for a hotel that wasnt' full service.

if you choose the full service Newark Airport Marriott, they have a car service company IN the hotel that will take you....reasonable, in the 40-50 range as are all the others....I forget the name, but you can always call the hotel, ask for the bell stand and tell them that you want to arrange a car service...

I THINK it is Signature but I am not sure......

that's kind of steep, even for that hotel....

you could try the renaissance, seems they finally actually renovated the place....

have you considered a "hiring a car". we did that to take us to hotel in jersey city the night before our last cruise. i got a really goo deal on priceline for the westin over there -

THINK ABOUT HIRING A CAR TO PICK YOU UP AT EWR. WE HAD GOOD LUCK WITH THAT FOR OUR LAST CRUISE. WE FOUND A ROOM IN JERSEY CITY AT THE WESTIN....$49.00 THRU PRICELINE. LOVELY HOTEL...NICE DINING ROOM. ALL EXCELLENT!!! IT IS LOCATED IN THE BUSINESS DISTRICT SO NO BUSINESS PEOPLE THERE TO WANT ROOMS. WE ALSO HIRED A CAR TO PICK US UP AT HOTEL IN MORN TO TAKE US TO THE PIER. I BELIEVE BOTH "CAR HIRES" WERE $40.00 EACH - WITH THE PRICE OF HOTEL PLUS CAR HIRES WE WERE UNDER $150 FOR THE NIGHT. ALL CAR-HIRES WERE ON TIME AND VERY NICE. WE CALLED COMPANIES MARYDALLAS FAR AHEAD TO MAKE APPOINTMENTS FOR PICKUPS.

Uh...not sure why you quoted my post...i live an hour from the pier, so i don't need to hire a car....maybe i am confused.....cat slept smushing my head last night, so i still can't think straight!!

and yes, a car service and/or cab will cost in the 40-50 range......

again, i think i am confuzzed.....:confused::eek: i blame my cat!

Archived