Carnival World MasterCard

Classiccruiser777

We sail on Cunard most of the time and occassionally on HAL. I have a HAL credit card but I found out that Carnival offers a card (through Barclays Bank) that credits "fun points" for use on all Carnival brands. Is there someone who has personal experience using this credit card and redeeming their "fun points" towards Cunard travel & purchases? If so, would you please share your experience and your opinion if this credit card is worthwhile? Thanks!

Yes, it is good on all brands. BUT...you ger full benefit, a 1% return, only on Carnival Cruise Lines. I have had one for several years, and used it for all of my cruising. It was fine whil most of my cruses were on Carnival. But when you go to their website to redeem the points, you can only use it for partial credit on a cruise if it is Carnival. Other lines you have to redeem the full value of the cruise, which takes LOTS of points. You cann only buy onboard credit for a Carnival cruise. And when I divided out what the 'return was, it seemed if I redeemed the points for a Carnival cruise, each point was worth $.01. One cent. But if I wanted to do it for Cunard, or HAL, or Princess, each point was worth only $.0075, three quarters of a cent. Only booking a Carnival Cruise gets you double points, and only using it for your onboard account on Carnival gets you double points. I paid in enough points to take a short Carnival cruise to use up all of the points and parked the card on the bottom of the pile. I do wish that Carnival Corporation would back a card for all of the World's Leading Cruise Lines, where each member line was treated equally. EM

Archived