Need Help with cabin location....Dream

rkcjj

I need help on cabin selection for the Dream please.

We have 2 boys, 6 and 8. We would like to have a balcony room.

Are there any balcony rooms that are a bit larger than others? Not a suite...can not afford that.

Do all balcony rooms come with a fold out couch so the two boys can sleep there?

What floor is centrally located? All you out there that have children know what I am saying :D We are going to be walking up and down stairs A LOT!!!!

I appreciate all the help!

I need help on cabin selection for the Dream please.

We have 2 boys, 6 and 8. We would like to have a balcony room.

Are there any balcony rooms that are a bit larger than others? Not a suite...can not afford that.

Do all balcony rooms come with a fold out couch so the two boys can sleep there?

What floor is centrally located? All you out there that have children know what I am saying :D We are going to be walking up and down stairs A LOT!!!!

I appreciate all the help!

All are the same size unless you get a suite. Cabins for 4 will usually have an upper bunk and a sofa that converts to a twin. You can view the deck plans at Carnival's site. http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_dream/default.aspx?shipCode=DR If you hover over the individual cabins, it will show which one's hold 4. You can also see where each deck is in relation to the public areas. Verandah or Empress would be centrally located between Lido and Promenade. There are lots of elevators. You don't have to use stairs.

As far as I know, most of the balcony cabins' couches fold out into a bed. Some have fold down bunks(uppers) as well, but I'm not sure which are identified as such on deck plans.

As far as larger balcony cabins, the cabins on the forward wings and aft wings have slight odd shapes and are a bit more roomy. Centrally located cabins, near stairs and elevators will be standard configuration, no nooks and crannies. You might look at forward cabins 9206 and 9205 on the Vista deck, one deck below the Lido. Or Vista aft 9472/9475. Deck 7, Empress deck which is 2 decks below the Lido and 2 decks above the Promenade deck, has similar type cabins, 7208 and 7207 and aft 7454 or 7459. Again whether or not these have the upper berths, I don't know, but their couches should fold out into a bed. Lastly, deck 6, Upper deck, has a group of L shaped cabins aft (6484/6490 and 6471/6477).

Most of these cabins are over and under othe rcabins so not a lot of noise.

As far as I know, most of the balcony cabins' couches fold out into a bed. Some have fold down bunks(uppers) as well, but I'm not sure which are identified as such on deck plans.

As far as larger balcony cabins, the cabins on the forward wings and aft wings have slight odd shapes and are a bit more roomy. Centrally located cabins, near stairs and elevators will be standard configuration, no nooks and crannies. You might look at forward cabins 9206 and 9205 on the Vista deck, one deck below the Lido. Or Vista aft 9472/9475. Deck 7, Empress deck which is 2 decks below the Lido and 2 decks above the Promenade deck, has similar type cabins, 7208 and 7207 and aft 7454 or 7459. Again whether or not these have the upper berths, I don't know, but their couches should fold out into a bed. Lastly, deck 6, Upper deck, has a group of L shaped cabins aft (6484/6490 and 6471/6477).

Most of these cabins are over and under othe rcabins so not a lot of noise.

None of those are quads.

None of those are quads.

You beat me to it! The quads on the Dream have an "upper" (bunk-like bed that folds out from the ceiling) a "lower" (will look like a sofa during the day - but the steward will transform it into a bed at night, unless you ask him to leave it made up as a bed the whole time - same with the upper) and bed for you guys. We have done many cruises with quads, and found there to be adequate room - especially utilizing the balcony.

We sailed Dream last year--STAY AWAY FROM any cabins near the stairs near or over the Teen Club or above the Comedy/Dance club. We were one deck above both-our friends were in a balcony room right off the stairwell and never slept-the music from the teen club kept them up all night-we were an aft balcony over the comedy/dance club-we could hear/feel the music from the teen club but could not sleep for the noise from below us--:mad::mad::mad: Nasty cruise-we did get some refund and money off a future cruise but they should have planned better for the noise!

We sailed Dream last year--STAY AWAY FROM any cabins near the stairs near or over the Teen Club or above the Comedy/Dance club. We were one deck above both-our friends were in a balcony room right off the stairwell and never slept-the music from the teen club kept them up all night-we were an aft balcony over the comedy/dance club-we could hear/feel the music from the teen club but could not sleep for the noise from below us--:mad::mad::mad: Nasty cruise-we did get some refund and money off a future cruise but they should have planned better for the noise!

Thank you for this! I am a light sleeper....so, this helps a lot:o

The "L" cabins don't even have a couch. So don't do that.

If you really want a balcony then you will have to do with the quads, but they won't be any bigger.

Don't get any rooms under the Lido (most complain about the deck chair noise).

Go to the deck plans for the Dream and when you find a room you think you think look at the deck above AND below (we were in an "L" shape in Jan. and right above a lounge and around 7pm, the music vibrated the floor, it was over by the time we got back to the cabin though).

If you don't have to have a balcony, you might see if the family ocean view rooms are available. They have a bit more room (fit 5) with two bathrooms (I forget, but its like one side is a jr. tub and the other side has the sink, toilet and shower?)

Archived