Tell me about Half Moon Cay

RBCL

We are not big beach people, I much prefer a

nice pool with a waterfall and slide so for those of you who posted that you are not beach people but love HMC, tell my why. What did you do there?

Think pool water with Destin Florida sand (powder fine).

9133_159095985795_559650795_3192020_1411987_n.jpg

9133_159095990795_559650795_3192021_3403481_n.jpg

Someone posted that the shipwreck bar is between cabanas 5-6, right? Is this a popular cabana spot? Meaning, do people usually go for those cabanas because of the location? I know a lot of people tend to go for the further ones for less people around. I'm just wondering if the beach itself is pretty busy in that area?

We'll be there next month and I'm trying to decide which cabana we should pick. I'm going to pick like 4-5 of them so I have some back-up just in case my first pick is already booked. :D

We'd like a cabana that is relatively in a quieter area but close to the bathrooms and BBQ area. Any help with that one? Can't wait......I just love looking at everyone's pictures!!!

Someone posted that the shipwreck bar is between cabanas 5-6, right? Is this a popular cabana spot? Meaning, do people usually go for those cabanas because of the location? I know a lot of people tend to go for the further ones for less people around. I'm just wondering if the beach itself is pretty busy in that area?

We'll be there next month and I'm trying to decide which cabana we should pick. I'm going to pick like 4-5 of them so I have some back-up just in case my first pick is already booked. :D

We'd like a cabana that is relatively in a quieter area but close to the bathrooms and BBQ area. Any help with that one? Can't wait......I just love looking at everyone's pictures!!!

We had cabana 10 last week and it is right in front of the bathrooms. It was not crowded at all. It is not really close to the BBQ. The dining hall is behind the pirate ship. It was a little walk to get lunch, but worth it to be away from the crowds on the beach. There are many pics of HMC in my Fascination review in my signature if you need more info.

HMC is AMAZING and the main reason we have cruised on the Fascination 2 times and are scheduled for a third in November! Fabulous place ..and I'm not even a beach person becaue of my fair skin ..but you go and don't want to leave. We booked a cabana this time, so excited!

My avatar on the boards was taken in HMC ..and I do have several sets of pictures in my galleries below. Feel free to check them out :D

• 2 months later...

We love HMC. All the posts that say they are not beach people but love HMC make a lot of sense to me. We go to Gulf Shores,Al every summer. My husband does not set foot on the beach at all there, but loves HMC so much that when we got back a couple of weeks ago from our Alaskan cruise he had me book a b2b to HMC--he won't cruise less than 7 days and wants to drive to port hence the b2b. Love HMC!!!! We always get a cabana even just for the towo of us.

Archived