Veranda, Concierge or Aqua...What's the difference

Singer4Him

What is the difference between these staterooms? I've always sailed on Carnival but would like to try Celebrity at some point. Any pointers will be appreciated.

Really depends on the ship. On Celebritys new ships, the S class ships, the rooms and verandas are pretty much the same size. Therefore difference depends on the amenities, veranda staterooms basically give you the basic stateroom and amenities available to everyone on the ship. CC gives a list of amentities which are listed below.

Priority check-in counter

Complimentary welcome sparkling wine

Fresh fruit and flowers and nightly deliveries of hors d'oeuvres

Handheld hair dryer

Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead and plush Frette® bathrobes

100% Egyptian-cotton oversized bath towels

Main and specialty restaurant seating preferences

Complimentary shoeshine service

Express luggage delivery

Celebrity tote bag

Personalized stationery

Golf umbrella and complimentary use of high-quality binoculars

An expanded room-service breakfast menu

Pillow menu for a perfect night's sleep

Aqua Class includes everything above plus the following. The biggest amenity of AQ is the use of Blu which is your own dining room and replaces the MDR.

Priority seating in Blu, a specialty restaurant that also serves a complimentary and healthy continental breakfast every day

Plentiful in-room amenities, including Hansgrohe® shower panels, aromatherapy selections, a pillow menu, complimentary bathroom amenities, and daily deliveries of bottled water and teas

A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange AquaSpa® treatments

Plush AquaClass Frette® bathrobes and slippers

Enhanced personal care products

Free, unlimited access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room

Special programming and wellness classes

On the older ships, called the M class ships, some of the staterooms and verandas are different sizes which can be a benefit.

...Golf umbrella and complimentary use of high-quality binoculars...

I've noticed that recently they've changed the list of amenities to indicate the binoculars are "high-quality". I wonder if they've changed the binoculars from the toy-like cheapo ones they've had for years to something decent or if the statement is due to a disconnect between some marketing person who wrote the copy and what they actually have on the ship.

It's been a year since we were in a CC cabin and probably longer ago than that since we've checked out the binoculars they provide. Have they changed what they provide recently?

Back to the OP's original question:

In addition to the comments above there are a couple of other differences: On the M class ships the CC cabins are a little larger than the standard veranda cabins (on S class they are the same size). Also on both ships the veranda furniture is a little nicer for the CC and AQ cabins. On all classes of ships the CC and AQ include a table that is standard height and better for eating from if you like room service on your veranda. On standard veranda cabins they usually only provide a very small, and lower, coffee table. Also, on the S class ships the CC cabins (and AQ I presume) get small footstools which are handy either for putting your feet up, lounger style, or as extra seats if you have guests over.

I have to chime in with DKJ on price. I'm booked in a C3 cabin for my next cruise. Because of a price drop during the 4th of July sale, I'm paying less than the current price of every other cabin class including most of the inside cabins.:D

I hope the op doesn't mind, but I would love to know the answer to their question, specific to Century.

I don't mind at all! :) I was speaking of the Eclipse, so if someone knows about this one, that would be great, too.

I just got back from an Equinox trip. We had CC2 and we picked it for the location: Hump on Resort level (close to the pool, Oceanview Cafe, smoking area). We loved the location.

The cabins are all much the same. We did have robes, which we never used. Priority checkin likely did get us onboard 15-20 min quicker. It was non-existent for tenders or for disembarking (priority was given based on when you said your flight was), but was really well organized and easy to find your luggage and actually only took about 15 min. We went to the assembly area early and were told to go on ahead anyway.

The afternoon trays were awful, we don't drink champagne and they no longer will exchange for wine (so we gave it to someone we met onboard), the binocs were 'toy opera glasses' at best.

All in all, location was the only beneficial 'perk' to us. With Aq, they have a special dining room. Some said it was great, but the food was good where ever we ate.

Jodie

I usually don't book CC unless the price is good. For 2 people, on M class the CC is about 20 sq. ft. larger. If you need the space, booking the CC is a feature. On Solstice Class, the regular veranda and the concierge are the same size. The concierge is not worth extra money. Check prices. Often the prices can fluctuate...and sometimes the concierge class is less than the regular veranda. I booked a concierge last week on the Summit....needed a pair of connecting cabins....traveling with my kids and grandkids. If I were just a couple, the regular veranda size is just fine.

I was on Century last May in a regular balcony cabin. I see no reason to pay more for a CC cabin as you can get snacks for free from room service if you wish, all cabins have bathrobes (CC supposedly are nicer...)...none of the other amenities seemed worth paying extra for. My husband wouldn't want to eat in Blu so no point in booking AQ class. I have seen the CC cabins priced lower than regular balconies....so I'd go with whichever is cheaper. I loved my cabin on Century!

I hope the op doesn't mind, but I would love to know the answer to their question, specific to Century.

On Century I beleive all the CC cabins are the same size as the standard veranda cabins. So the only difference is going to be the location and amenities - similar situation to the S class above.

On Century I beleive all the CC cabins are the same size as the standard veranda cabins. So the only difference is going to be the location and amenities - similar situation to the S class above.

That's what I thought. I really don't know if it's worth it? Will have to think about that one. But hey, there's worse decisions I could have to be making! :)

We're sailing on an S-class ship next year, and wanted a hump cabin with a large balcony. For a 7 day cruise for, the AQ cabins are $440 more than the CC cabins which are only $120 more than a standard veranda (all cabins in the categories with the large hump balconies).

For us, it was worth the $120 for CC for a little bit extra but also for the extra Captain's Club credit (we'll reach Elite with that cruise). I'd love AQ to try Blu, but we're traveling with our kids and their families and wouldn't eat dinner there anyway, there's no way I can justify it. I will be watching the prices, however.

I was on Century last May in a regular balcony cabin. I see no reason to pay more for a CC cabin as you can get snacks for free from room service if you wish, all cabins have bathrobes (CC supposedly are nicer...)...none of the other amenities seemed worth paying extra for. My husband wouldn't want to eat in Blu so no point in booking AQ class. I have seen the CC cabins priced lower than regular balconies....so I'd go with whichever is cheaper. I loved my cabin on Century!

I'm thinking the same as you, doesn't seem to be worth any extra. We don't spend loads of time in our cabin anyway. As long as I have a balcony I'm happy :). Thanks.

We just got off the Summit on 7/10. We were in a CC cabin that we bought on a Tuesday special about 2 1/2 weeks prior to sailing. It was a great price. We have been on X on previous cruises and were in regular balconies each time. I couldn't tell much difference in any of the cabins. The size seemed about the same on each - yes I know the CC was probably a little bigger but not enough bigger to even notice and certainly not enough bigger to pay extra for. Yes, there was a pair of binoculars but we didn't use them as we had brought our own. There was a table on the balcony that was we could use for breakfast and I believe it was bigger than what we had normally used in a regular balcony. There were robes but we never used them. The canapes in the afternoon were nice but usually not my favorite - we asked for a cheese tray one evening instead and it was good but I certainly wouldn't pay extra for the canapes. I think we probably did get priority embarkation but we got there just as they started to board and there were no lines so everyone got on fairly quickly - they had a very good operation.

All in all - we enjoyed CC but I wouldn't pay extra for it. We love X and a regular balcony is fine for us.

The only thing on the list that we would like is the sparkling wine, which we can bring on board for under $20. Unless the room was the same price as a regular balcony, I'd rather save the money and carry fine champagne on board, which is what we do.

We were in CC on our recent cruise and we did have a table for 6 right next to a window. Don't know that it was because we were in CC but it was a nice table with a good view. I have never had a problem getting into the specialty restaurant on various ships. We were in Normandie this last cruise and got our choice of night and time. We were not in CC on the cruise before last and ate 2 times in Olympic at our choice of times. Don't know that this is a big benefit.

The following is listed as a perk of CC (and higher):

"Main and specialty restaurant seating preferences"

What does that mean, exactly? Thanks!

It is marketing hype. This question has been asked before and as I recall, the general consensus was that this "benefit" is meaningless.

Similarly, I've noticed that for Aqua Class the benefit is promoted as "preferred" seating in Blu restaurant. Well, this also is meaningless since Blu is specifically designed for Aqua Class passengers; of course AQ passengers get "Preference".

Some passengers may attribute their well-located tables to Concierge Class, but who knows if this is a coincidence/good luck vs. CC status? I guess all we can say is that CC status can't hurt.

We were in CC on our recent cruise and we did have a table for 6 right next to a window. Don't know that it was because we were in CC but it was a nice table with a good view. I have never had a problem getting into the specialty restaurant on various ships. We were in Normandie this last cruise and got our choice of night and time. We were not in CC on the cruise before last and ate 2 times in Olympic at our choice of times. Don't know that this is a big benefit.

I wish I could say the same. On our last cruise aboard Equinox in April, we were open to any day, any time to eat at Murano's. We have been onboard M class and Century class ships and never had a problem. There is a new dining package which offers a discount if you purchase a reservation at all specialty restaurants onboard. This might explain why we couldn't get a seating. Anyone else finding an isssue on the S class ships?

(Thank you to "djkretired" for posting the amenities.... below are my humble opinions)

Priority check-in counter (No value - it only takes a few minutes to board anyway)

Complimentary welcome sparkling wine (Yep.... cheap bubbly (nice, but not worth paying extra $$)

Fresh fruit and flowers and nightly deliveries of hors d'oeuvres (I can get fruit & snacks from room service, and I travel with lovely silk flowers... no value here)

Handheld hair dryer (love my mini-hairdryer... no value here)

Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead and plush Frette® bathrobes (can live without both... no real value)

100% Egyptian-cotton oversized bath towels (yes... these were very nice!)

Main and specialty restaurant seating preferences (could be of value, but if you have a nice table in the MDR and don't utilize the specialty restaurants, then.... no value)

Complimentary shoeshine service (???)

Express luggage delivery (seriously, how would you know? I've been on other ships where my luggage has beat ME to the cabin!)

Celebrity tote bag (Solstice was "out of them".... so gee, no value there)

Personalized stationery (nice touch....)

Golf umbrella and complimentary use of high-quality binoculars (I travel with both)

An expanded room-service breakfast menu (nice & worthy touch)

Pillow menu for a perfect night's sleep (a "perfect night's sleep should be available to ALL cabins, dont'cha think? :o)

Aqua Class includes everything above plus the following. The biggest amenity of AQ is the use of Blu which is your own dining room and replaces the MDR.

Priority seating in Blu, a specialty restaurant that also serves a complimentary and healthy continental breakfast every day (very nice, smaller venue for dining, more personalized service. VALUE!)

Plentiful in-room amenities, including Hansgrohe® shower panels, aromatherapy selections, a pillow menu, complimentary bathroom amenities, and daily deliveries of bottled water and teas (two bottles of water - nice, but hardly worth paying extra)

A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange AquaSpa® treatments (never had any problem arranging my spa appointments).

Plush AquaClass Frette® bathrobes and slippers (just not a "robe&slipper" person)

Enhanced personal care products (I travel with my own, but the lotion was lovely)

Free, unlimited access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room (we loved this....VALUE!)

Special programming and wellness classes (Never.... can you say "sales pitch?") :eek:

Celebrity tote bag (Solstice was "out of them".... so gee, no value there)

Did you get something else instead then? Because if they promise something, then they need to provide it also. That is not an excuse that "Sorry, we don't have those at the moment".

Archived