2 for 1 helicopter glacier walks?

CanWeGoYet?

I am hoping to book some sort of helicopter excursion for our port day in Juneau, since we won't have time to do the glacier hike with Out & About.

I've seen some mention of coupon books offering a 2 for 1 glacier walk by helicopter. Just wondering what people's experience has been if they have booked this deal, or tried to.

I know to wait until the book comes out for 2012 and contact the company first to see if they are still honoring the deal, before I buy the coupon book. But I am a little worried, I don't want to be bumped from the list because they have too many "full fare" paying customers that day. Also I see I have to call them the day before the day of the flight seeing to confirm. Has anyone here been told when they called that they were not able to accommodate them? At 24 hours before our port day, if I get bumped (or God forbid if I forget to call!) my options for finding something else may be limited. And I'd have bought the coupon book for nothing, as it doesn't look like I'd be using anything else in the book.

It looks like the coupons only cover glacier walks, & not the dog sledding trips. Has this been the case in the past, to anyone who knows?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

The coupons change every year. When they come out, and there is an offer, book your tour- AFTER you have verified the terms and agree to their conditions. Then purchase the book.

I have not heard of anyone being "bumped" this season, and recall only one "incident" last, or the season before. You need to inquire about this directly and get the current policy.

Read the terms and conditions very carefully. Some of the coupon books require that you present the WHOLE coupon book with the coupon still in it at check in for your tour. They did this to prevent book sharing and book reselling.

One thing that is changing the coupon game is Groupon. Sign up (no cost) for the Groupon emailings for the cities you wish to visit.

There have been a few good deals this season.

Check the fine print, there has got to be exclusions and narrow applicability or we'd all go on a 2:1 ;)

I do have to admit I'm a half empty, if the deal is too good it probably won't work for me, and was to lazy to even look, and I'm one to love a good deal. Give it a go and let us know, I really could use a 2 for 1 since I'm always paying for 5 to 6 people and that helicopter bill was almost as much as 1/2 our cruise party bill :eek:

I am hoping to book some sort of helicopter excursion for our port day in Juneau, since we won't have time to do the glacier hike with Out & About.

I've seen some mention of coupon books offering a 2 for 1 glacier walk by helicopter. Just wondering what people's experience has been if they have booked this deal, or tried to.

I know to wait until the book comes out for 2012 and contact the company first to see if they are still honoring the deal, before I buy the coupon book. But I am a little worried, I don't want to be bumped from the list because they have too many "full fare" paying customers that day. Also I see I have to call them the day before the day of the flight seeing to confirm. Has anyone here been told when they called that they were not able to accommodate them? At 24 hours before our port day, if I get bumped (or God forbid if I forget to call!) my options for finding something else may be limited. And I'd have bought the coupon book for nothing, as it doesn't look like I'd be using anything else in the book.

It looks like the coupons only cover glacier walks, & not the dog sledding trips. Has this been the case in the past, to anyone who knows?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

We got a great deal on our helicopter tour this season by using a Groupon (2 for 1) for Seward Helicopter Tours. They treated us like any full-fare passenger and the trip was the highlight of our time in Alaska. I called them as soon as I saw the Groupon being offered to confirm availability for the day we needed. I believe that you can get a refund on the Groupon if the tour is canceled due to weather.

Archived