Eclipse (just back)

bonniecharlie

Just back from 2 weeks on Eclipse, and it was excelent , ship 10/10 cabin 10/10 service all area's 10/10 food 9/10 entertainment 10/10

after a hot day out all were greeted with a cold towel and a cold drink, before we got back on ship, there was concert of jazz on lawn and we were given a blanket to sit on, it's all the small things that count

Shuttle bus was pricey $10=$15=$18. beer $5/7 .Tipping , if you dont pre pay your tips then they are added to your on board account, and no vouchers are given at end of cruise to hand to staff, which made us feel very uncomfortable getting up from table and just walking away, so we gave extra in an envelope, Ship tours I thought were expensive, also the ships photo's

hope this helps anyone for the future trips

Just back from 2 weeks on Eclipse, and it was excelent , ship 10/10 cabin 10/10 service all area's 10/10 food 9/10 entertainment 10/10

after a hot day out all were greeted with a cold towel and a cold drink, before we got back on ship, there was concert of jazz on lawn and we were given a blanket to sit on, it's all the small things that count

Shuttle bus was pricey $10=$15=$18. beer $5/7 .Tipping , if you dont pre pay your tips then they are added to your on board account, and no vouchers are given at end of cruise to hand to staff, which made us feel very uncomfortable getting up from table and just walking away, so we gave extra in an envelope, Ship tours I thought were expensive, also the ships photo's

did you try the special restaurants as we were thinking of trying when we go in Nov

Welcome back:)...sounds like the average score is 10/10;):D:)

doesn't get much better than that!!!!!!

did you try the special restaurants as we were thinking of trying when we go in Nov

we only tried the Bistro on five and really enjoyed it, for $5 pp we had soup/salad/chicken crepe/ panini and I finished with trifle. I do hope you enjoy your november trip

We came back from the Baltics 2 weeks ago on the Eclipse and I would give it 10/10 for service, food, accomodation! Best ship/ cruise liner ever!

Crew were genuinely friendly. Que, the cruise director, saw us off the ship in Copenhagen and offered to buy us a beer one evening. Some waiters knew our names even though we didn't dine at their sector every night.

We tried Qsine on the last night. Didn't really want to spend more money eating when the MDR was amazing. But Webster, our Aqua Spa Cafe manager recommended it and we only had the last night to fit it in. Most amazing experience and we would do it again. They recommended about 4 dishes to share between the 2 of us. We ordered 7!!! Must say we struggled when course 7 came and it was the meatballs. Never though meatballs could be so large!

Absolutely fantastic ship!

We came back from the Baltics 2 weeks ago on the Eclipse and I would give it 10/10 for service, food, accomodation! Best ship/ cruise liner ever!

Crew were genuinely friendly. Que, the cruise director, saw us off the ship in Copenhagen and offered to buy us a beer one evening. Some waiters knew our names even though we didn't dine at their sector every night.

We tried Qsine on the last night. Didn't really want to spend more money eating when the MDR was amazing. But Webster, our Aqua Spa Cafe manager recommended it and we only had the last night to fit it in. Most amazing experience and we would do it again. They recommended about 4 dishes to share between the 2 of us. We ordered 7!!! Must say we struggled when course 7 came and it was the meatballs. Never though meatballs could be so large!

Absolutely fantastic ship!

I am trying to choose between Freedom of the Seas and Equinox for my 50th next year...any thoughts? It would be the 10 night caribbean in April. I have never sailed Celebrity before ... have sailed RCCL and Carnival many times.

I am trying to choose between Freedom of the Seas and Equinox for my 50th next year...any thoughts? It would be the 10 night caribbean in April. I have never sailed Celebrity before ... have sailed RCCL and Carnival many times.

If you want more room, better service, much better food, and a bit more formal environment -- Go with the Equinox.

If you want more action, more people, better entertainment, and a bit more casual -- Go with the Freedom.

Apples and Oranges here!

No such thing as a bad cruise!:)

Kel

Glad to hear you had such a great experience on Eclipse. Cant wait to sail her in December.

Please post your cabin report in the Solstice cabin sticky as it is very helpful to have recent reports.

Did they have any activities on the Lawn, such as concerts as some have mentioned?

We have just returned from the same cruise - and have only huge praise in every dept - from the crew, to the amazing food an what a beautiful and clean ship.

We also dined in Qsine and Bistro on 5 and though there is an additional cost, would recommend the experience to all - poss a pity the quality of food in main dining is so good - as you are tempted not to use the other venues.

The qualty of the entertainment is outstanding -we've been on numerous cruises, but none matched these superior shows - Our favourite had to be Gareth Oliver - a ventriloquist extraordinare

We had two 'gripes' - one was the rediculously high price of drinks - we did know this prior to going though.

We were also very disappointed with the quality and prices of the ships tours - one we actually had refunded. We did fortunately arrange several private tours with other cruisers prior to going - these were excellent. - we would strongly recommend that if you are able to arrange tours privately -- please do - it will be the best thing that you do.

Overall we love celebrity and will recommend them to all -- we've also booked a further cruise on the Constellation for Jan 2012.

We love both Royal Caribbean and Celebrity but it just depends on what type of cruise you want - lots of activity and goings on, or a more calm atmosphere. In the end it's what you make of it yourself. They are both excellent cruise lines! I personally would choose Celebrity over RC.

We love both Royal Caribbean and Celebrity but it just depends on what type of cruise you want - lots of activity and goings on, or a more calm atmosphere. In the end it's what you make of it yourself. They are both excellent cruise lines! I personally would choose Celebrity over RC.

We are Celebrity "junkies" so we are probably a little biased, but we would definitely take Celebrity over RCCL. WE "like" Royal but would have to reserve "love" for X. The 2 biggest differences being the quality of food and a much more elegant & refined atmosphere. I also think you would have to give X an edge in the overall quality of service. I would cruise on either one again, but feel like you definitely get a little more "bang for your buck" with Celebrity. (Especially since there is usually little, if any, difference in price for comparable length cruises & itineraries).

We have just returned from the same cruise - and have only huge praise in every dept - from the crew, to the amazing food an what a beautiful and clean ship.

We also dined in Qsine and Bistro on 5 and though there is an additional cost, would recommend the experience to all - poss a pity the quality of food in main dining is so good - as you are tempted not to use the other venues.

The qualty of the entertainment is outstanding -we've been on numerous cruises, but none matched these superior shows - Our favourite had to be Gareth Oliver - a ventriloquist extraordinare

We had two 'gripes' - one was the rediculously high price of drinks - we did know this prior to going though.

We were also very disappointed with the quality and prices of the ships tours - one we actually had refunded. We did fortunately arrange several private tours with other cruisers prior to going - these were excellent. - we would strongly recommend that if you are able to arrange tours privately -- please do - it will be the best thing that you do.

Overall we love celebrity and will recommend them to all -- we've also booked a further cruise on the Constellation for Jan 2012.

I am very interested to know which tours you booked and why you were disappointed. I am particularly interested to know which one was refunded and why. We sail on Eclipse on Saturday week and although it is a different itinerary to yours I would appreciate insight into the excursions as we have booked three and plan to book another once on board. (We are a family of four with two young children so are not as brave as we would be travelling alone.)

many thanks

I have sailed on both ships and both are great. It comes down to fun or class. you cant make a wrong choice.

We have sailed RCI many times in the past and now finally booked our first cruise on the Eclipse for February next year.

After reading a lot of reviews in the meantime we cant wait to see the ship.

Are there any "must see - must do" things you would recommend?

Many thanks for your help.

Archived