roll call forum

fitty

I am curious as to why the Silversea cruisers do not post to the Roll Call Forum instead of doing it on this site. It seems to me to take up an awful lot of space that could be devoted to questions and remarks. Just asking,

no harm intended.

It might be useful if we had a sticky telling us how to word Roll Call titles.

I prefer Roll Call: #of the cruise, then ship, date, and itinerary

So Roll Call: 2205, Silver Wind, Feb/Mar 2012 Cape Town - Canaries

One problem with my suggestion is that it's very long as a thread title. But if I'm looking for a Roll Call for a specific cruise, that's the easiest way to search since I can use the 'search this forum' button and search for the cruise number, automatically filtering out all Wind, Africa, Feb Roll Calls that don't apply to the cruise I'm looking for.

I've wondered the same thing, CanadianKate. But, Ducttape is correct. I've used roll call last fall with no attention but when posted in this forum, I got comments.

I suppose with SS being small this works...I can't imagine with the huge lines.

Anita

Mississauga, Ontario

It has indeed come up several times. People always vote it down. Personally, I find it hard to find roll calls here because everything gets squashed together. But that is just my one opinion.

To me -- Roll Call says mass market -- which SS is not.

We sail both SS and R, prefer roll calls SS's way--on the main board--believe it facilitates CC communication/interaction.

btw..Dusababy/Mary Ann..we do look fwd to sailing with you again--on the Whisper next fall .

As I only cruise Silversea, I don't know how things work on other forums. It was decided not to have a Roll Call page so I'll live within that framework. I'm just asking that we have a standardized way of posting Roll Calls in this forum so they are easily searchable.

A group of us have figured out we'll be together in February but come October that thread may be long buried. Someone new coming along and searching the cruise number will find the thread easily. But for other roll calls such as the Silver Whisper 10/30, when it gets buried a search on the cruise number won't help.

If we had a sticky asking that we include cruise numbers in the thread titles and asking everyone to search the forum for that cruise number, we'll avoid having multiple roll calls for the same cruise.

Just sayin.... I'm anal, so want everything well organized. (Just don't look at my email in-box......!)

This discussion seems to assume everyone posts roll calls here, when in fact many are posted on the Roll Calls page under "All other cruise lines," which includes quite a range of cruise line. It's an interesting mix over there, but that's where the roll call is for the cruise I am on, to the Caribbean on December 2. Regardless of where people want the roll calls, they ought to be in the same place. Perhaps Cruise Critic should move one set or the other to consolidate.

As I only cruise Silversea, I don't know how things work on other forums. It was decided not to have a Roll Call page so I'll live within that framework. I'm just asking that we have a standardized way of posting Roll Calls in this forum so they are easily searchable.

A group of us have figured out we'll be together in February but come October that thread may be long buried. Someone new coming along and searching the cruise number will find the thread easily. But for other roll calls such as the Silver Whisper 10/30, when it gets buried a search on the cruise number won't help.

If we had a sticky asking that we include cruise numbers in the thread titles and asking everyone to search the forum for that cruise number, we'll avoid having multiple roll calls for the same cruise.

Just sayin.... I'm anal, so want everything well organized. (Just don't look at my email in-box......!)

I think that is a great idea. I can never find the roll calls here. They get buried so quickly, and many times there are multiples because people cannot find them.

Archived