which lines take 2-yr-olds in activities?

DiploTraveler

RCI's newest ships (Oasis/Allure) have a "daycare" sort of thing for under 3, but I don't know if there are actual "activities"....kids that young aren't really able to be "organized" for long periods of time!!

http://www.avidcruiser.com/family/planning-the-perfect-family-cruise/kid-details/

Carnival (will change diapers), NCL (will page parents to change diapers) and Disney (not sure the diaper situation) and Cunard.

All others require 3 and potty trained.

Interesting link. You have to be six months to sail on RCL but you can join the baby program on Oasis at three months? That is quite a trick. Other info on RCL is outdated too since there are baby programs on Allure, Freedom and Liberty now too.

Interesting link. You have to be six months to sail on RCL but you can join the baby program on Oasis at three months? That is quite a trick. Other info on RCL is outdated too since there are baby programs on Allure, Freedom and Liberty now too.

Its not outdated when applied to the rest (and the bulk) of the RCI fleet.

It's not "outdated" - it's simply "incorrect" ;) Oasis never had a nursery for 3 month olds since the rules for sailing with infants had already changed by the time Oasis started sailing. :D

The nurseries are on...

Oasis, Allure, Freedom, Liberty, Radiance and Splendor (Spendor will be completed by Nov) :D

Rhapsody, Gradeur and Serenade in 2012

Legend of the Seas, Vision of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas, Voyager of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Adventure of the Seas in 2013

Mariner of the Seas, Enchantment of the Seas, Independence of the Sea in 2014

It's not "outdated" - it's simply "incorrect" ;) Oasis never had a nursery for 3 month olds since the rules for sailing with infants had already changed by the time Oasis started sailing. :D

The nurseries are on...

Oasis, Allure, Freedom, Liberty, Radiance and Splendor (Spendor will be completed by Nov) :D

Rhapsody, Gradeur and Serenade in 2012

Legend of the Seas, Vision of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas, Voyager of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Adventure of the Seas in 2013

Mariner of the Seas, Enchantment of the Seas, Independence of the Sea in 2014

I wasn't sure if Oasis was out when the policy changed or not and was too lazy to research.;):p I just didn't want the OP to totally rule out RCL since there are ships that will meet there needs and many more being refitted. I knew you would come with all the details soon.:)

I recently booked Cunard for a Med cruise this fall since they accept children in their kids club in 2011 starting at 1 yr old (changing to 2 yrs old in 2012). However what I find VERY disappointing is that their shore excursions require children to be 3 yrs old which means I cannot bring my 23 month old if book thru the ship. And you cannot leave a child in the kids club under the age of 5 if you want to leave them while you go on an excursion.

We were planning to do a few private tours but definitely wanted to book the pyramids excursion through the ship for added safety and piece of mind since I read some private tours broke down and missed the ship. Cunard basically said 1 adult needed to stay behind with the infant or wait until we got on the ship to discuss it with the shore excursion desk which just seems unreasonable to me. I need to know what tour I am on before I board the ship.

Might need to cancel now. :mad:

We were planning to do a few private tours but definitely wanted to book the pyramids excursion through the ship for added safety and piece of mind since I read some private tours broke down and missed the ship. Cunard basically said 1 adult needed to stay behind with the infant or wait until we got on the ship to discuss it with the shore excursion desk which just seems unreasonable to me. I need to know what tour I am on before I board the ship.

Might need to cancel now. :mad:

I researched private tours in Cairo for a year and followed the ports of call board awhile after that and never read of a private tour missing the ship. I don't doubt that you read it happened, but I'd be surprised if it was one of the major tour companies that are constantly given high praise at Cruise Critic. Those private tours know that if they miss the ship, their business is doomed due to bad reviews, so they take every precaution - including using well maintained vans and having back-up vehicles ready. Many of the companies even guarantee paying your costs to get to the next port if you miss the ship. On my private tour with my kids we were treated like VIPs, not cattle, and we were able to go with the flow rather than be stuck with a rigid schedule. Also, I didn't have to worry about my kids bothering other passengers who were also taking the trip of a lifetime. I would just suggest that you spend some time on the ports of call board here and see if you find a comfort level with a private Cairo tour. I started out thinking there was NO WAY I would do a private tour in Egypt - especially as a single woman with two kids - and ended up booking a private tour after reading tons of reviews and comments from others.

All the best,

Mia

Mia, I've read many of your posts and appreciate the feedback. I jotted down some private tours for Egypt and will research them further. Do you recall how many passengers the vans accommodated? We're a party of 4 adults and 2 small children. I'd prefer to travel in one vehicle.

Also, would you mind sharing the name of the tour company you used in Egypt? I went back to your posts I read weeks ago and didn't see a name listed.

Our current ports are Venice, Split, Dubrovnik, Corfu, Alexandria, Ephesus, Istanbul, Dikili, Volos and Athens. Can you recommend private companies you used in any of these cities?

Sorry to hijack this thread.. Mia, I assume you hooked up the car seats for all private tours?

Mia, I've read many of your posts and appreciate the feedback. I jotted down some private tours for Egypt and will research them further. Do you recall how many passengers the vans accommodated? We're a party of 4 adults and 2 small children. I'd prefer to travel in one vehicle.

Also, would you mind sharing the name of the tour company you used in Egypt? I went back to your posts I read weeks ago and didn't see a name listed.

Our current ports are Venice, Split, Dubrovnik, Corfu, Alexandria, Ephesus, Istanbul, Dikili, Volos and Athens. Can you recommend private companies you used in any of these cities?

Sorry to hijack this thread.. Mia, I assume you hooked up the car seats for all private tours?

With that many adults, you'll save tons of money on a private tours over ship tours, on top of having a better time. Our van had room for 8 passengers - you'll easily find a tour with a van that puts you all in the same car. We used Moustafa Mourad/Moustafa Egypt Tours who we absolutely adored, but I don't know if he's still in business. Ramses has kind of taken over the market, but I'd suggest posting on the Africa board and asking about guides for a family, then email two or three of them and see who you feel most comfortable with and who will work with you on a family-friendly itinerary. (Note - I learned to only pay attention to posts from Cruise Critic members who have a long posting history. I guess lots of tour companies join Cruise Critic in order to post great reviews about themselves). Another plus with going private was we beat the huge tour busses everywhere. It was nice getting to the Acropolis and pyramids before the other thousands of passengers.

For Ephesus we used Ekol Tours - also highly regarded here and they sent a guide who was wonderful with my kids (as well as a driver and a huge brand new touring van). In Athens we just hired a taxi at the pier and kept him for the day so we could keep the car seats and stroller with him when we got out to visit sights.

I brought my own car seats and had no problem installing them in any of the cars.

What a fantastic itinerary!

Best,

Mia

Archived