Book the early saver or be patient?

kelkel2

Ok, So my husband and I are already looking into our next cruise just a few months after our last one.

We are looking to cruise on the 7 day caribbean cruise on Carnival Liberty on April 21st. We have previously cruised carnival but there are currently no previous cruiser discounts for this cruise so right now the best deal we can get is the early saver price.

If we book this and they then put up a discount for this cruise for previous cruisers can we still get that rate or are we SOL? The cruise is a ways off so a lot can change between then and now but we have our heart set on a balcony and don't want to miss out.

Any suggestions?

ES is almost always the cheapest rate, but as another thread on here says, no name changes, no changes period.

Its rare to find another cheaper fare, but if you can find one, then you can get the price drop.

If you arent flexible with dates or ships, then ES might be the best way to go if you are certain of no changes.

That is exactly the benefit of the Early Saver - when pricing goes down, they will accommodate you and lower the rate. You have to monitor rates and file a form. However, if you have life changes, you will be penilized for cancellations or even name changes, as the cruise is non-refundable. 3rd party travel insurance may help but I am not 100% positive of this.

True,

This far off, I haven't asked my boss yet for time off. I have the PTO but it's not guaranteed. I'd hate to book it and then it not get approved. Ya never know.

I'm flexible with the ship and itinerary but not on the kind of room. It must be a balcony.

True,

This far off, I haven't asked my boss yet for time off. I have the PTO but it's not guaranteed. I'd hate to book it and then it not get approved. Ya never know.

I'm flexible with the ship and itinerary but not on the kind of room. It must be a balcony.

If you arent sure of the time off, dont book ES. You could always book under any other rate and move over to ES before it disappears around the 5 month mark.

is there a way to monitor how full the cruise is? I know it's way off and if I ask my boss now for time off in April she will probably sit on the request for a while just because it's so far off...

is there a way to monitor how full the cruise is? I know it's way off and if I ask my boss now for time off in April she will probably sit on the request for a while just because it's so far off...

My DHs boss likes to "sit" on request also, as close to 2 weeks before desired dates. He asked off for this October, waited a week with no response. He went in and told his boss "I am booking a cruise for this date so if I can't have it you better tell me NOW because it will not be cancelled once I book it". His boss went in and looked at the calendar while DH waited the reply:D Point being if you let her know WHY you requested so soon she may reply quicker

If you arent sure of the time off, dont book ES. You could always book under any other rate and move over to ES before it disappears around the 5 month mark.

ES is for 5 months or earlier cruises? For some reason I thought it is 3 months. We are looking for an early January cruise.

ES is for 5 months or earlier cruises? For some reason I thought it is 3 months. We are looking for an early January cruise.

• How early must I make my reservation?

Early Saver is available up to 3 months prior to sailing on short cruises (5 days or shorter) and up to 5 months prior to sailing on long cruises (6 days or greater).

Archived