Carnival Liberty

kelkel2

Anyone sailed the Liberty lately?

Did you like it? Overall thoughts?

How were the pools and deck chair situations?

What about the food? Does this ship do the really yummy breakfast on the lido?

Oh, 1 more question. Was there guava juice for breakfast on the lido? My favorite from past carnival cruise.

What is the really yummy breakfast on the Lido?? The egg line? Having trouble figuring out what this means.

Same as always. There are two juices and the OJ is almost always watery. The other juice is what in Hawaii they call pass-o-guava and is a blend that includes passion fruit and guava.

On the Ecstasy there was a breakfast line on the lido but there was also that omelet station. They made the omelets for you while you watched. When we cruised Princess all we could say was how much we missed this. The breakfast on Carnival was 1 million times better!

It's been 4 years since I was on Liberty but she is such a beautiful ship!! You will enjoy it!

If you've eaten (ate?) Lido breakfast on one Carnival cruise, then you've eaten(ate?) on them all, including the guava juice. :)

Oh and off topic, but GO CATS!

We sailed the Liberty this past November on the Western itinerary. We loved it so much that we booked the Liberty again going Eastern this time. We found the ship very clean and well maintained. The only other ship I have been on is the Glory which has the same layout but different decor.

I found the food just as good on the Liberty as the Glory, which was fantastic in the MDR. I found the service a little quicker at the MDR on the Glory, but still it was fine and I am sure it changes week by week anyway. The deck chair situation was not that bad at all. If you want to sit close to the pools, well then that is a challenge, but if you are not that picky there are plenty of seats. The chair hogs were out though, but live and let live.

Both the cruises I have been on not many people utilized the pool.

The only thing I missed from the Glory was the adults only Serenity area, but I think that it is being installed during the dry dock this October (or might have since we have sailed since the new map shows it on Carnival)

That being said in November is felt like the whole ship was adults only.

All in all it is a great ship and I am sure you will enjoy her.

I've been on the Liberty twice, in 2008 and 2010. I love this ship! We never had a problem with deck chairs, but we weren't picky as to their location either. We could always walk a short distance to get to the pool.

The food was great! We were just talking about all the lunch options this past weekend. The burrito bar and the deli were our favorites. We would get lunch and take it back to our room to eat on the balcony. Heaven!

It does have an omelet station. It's hit and miss as to whether you'll have to wait a bit because it's so popular.

The CC group we met on our 2008 cruise is planning a Liberty reunion cruise for 2012. We can't wait!

The wife and I haven't been on the Liberty recently, but we loved it when we did sail on her. We are cruisin on the Liberty again this October in the same cabin we were in the first time. Boy, I hope it still looks the same.:) Everything about the Liberty was very nice.

How were the pools and deck chair situations?

What about the food? Does this ship do the really yummy breakfast on the lido?

Oh, 1 more question. Was there guava juice for breakfast on the lido? My favorite from past carnival cruise.

I sailed it in April and liked it and want to do it again.

Pools looked small but refreshing. I didnt use them or use chairs by them. It did look crowded by them however. I used the chairs on the deck above the rear pool and there were plenty of chairs up there.

Food was just ok. Nothing to brag about. It will keep you alive but don't expect too much. Breakfast less less than exciting for me in the MDR but better than the buffet. The Steakhouse was overrated. I can get just as good at a cheap chain steak joint in my town. Its good and worth doing once. I just didn't think it was anywhere near the hype.

The breakfast buffet was merely ok. Cold toast, thin bacon, cold waffles. Pretty much like any buffet I guess. (I dont like buffets)

The juices were a joke. Extremely watery with a hint of flavor.

I know come Carnival fanatics will take offense to my opinions but they are what they are.

The food was the low point in my cruise. Everything else was great. So great, the food wasnt a deal breaker for me. I will sail Liberty again. Between all the different places to eat, I never went hungry and always found somethign I could enjoy.

Others on my cruise thought the food was 5 star and incredible. It depends on what you are used to I guess. Bottom line is, its edible, someone else cooked it and you don't have to clean it up.

I think you will enjoy your cruise immensely and I am jealous.

We went on the Liberty in March of 09 and loved it. The ship is very clean and the service is top notch. We all enjoyed the food. We did not have 5 star dining expectations therefore we were not disappointed as some seem to be.

The only downside was we ended up getting the cruise ship virus (forgot the name of it) as there was an outbreak the week we went. Minus one night of being quite sick we all had the time of our lives!

I highly recommend this ship. We have re booked with Carnival and will be on the Legend in March of 12....cant wait.

i'm sailing on the liberty august 6th, would love to see any reviews about this ship! does anyone out there have any? :)

I was on the Liberty during the week of June 25, 2011, on the Exotic Eastern Caribbean itinerary. It was a really nice ship, and we had a wonderful time on our cruise. I posted a review here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439116

Hope that helps. :)

I was on the Liberty Exotic Eastern Caribbean cruise, June 25, 2011.

Yes, I liked it very much. It was a beautiful ship and we had a great time. I posted a very detailed review here, which you may want to check out

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439116

How were the pools

The pools were very nice. There were 3 pools, each with a different feel (plus a kiddie pool). There were a lot of people using them, but since there were 3 of them, they never felt too crowded. If one became too crowded, you could move to another pool.

The Tivoli pool was the "main" pool, located midship on Deck 9. That was where most of the action was. The Versaiiles Pool was a somewhat quieter pool, located on Deck 9 aft, seperated from the main lido area by the buffet (you can use Deck 10 to bypass the buffet if you are wet). The Versailles Pool is for adults only, and it has a retractible roof that they can close if it rains or is windy. The Coney Island Pool is a smaller pool, located on Deck 10 forward, not far from the Tivoli Pool. There were also several hot tubs near the pools. And there was also a water slide, which was a lot of fun (enter via Deck 14 forward; it drops you down to Deck 10 near the Coney Island Pool.

and deck chair situations?

It was hard to get a deck chair near one of the pools, especially the Tivoli Pool. If you are willing to walk or go on a higher deck, there are plenty of chairs. The forward part of the ship has sort of a tiered deck layout, so you may be on a higher deck than the pools, but never far away.

What about the food?

Food was excellent.

Does this ship do the really yummy breakfast on the lido?

The breakfast buffet was good. It was nothing special, but basically what you'd expect of a breakfast buffet.

I remember a guava blend (someone said it was a guava passionfruit blend), which is probably what you are thinking of.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. And do check out my review; you can post replies there too. Enjoy your cruise!:)

On the Ecstasy there was a breakfast line on the lido but there was also that omelet station. They made the omelets for you while you watched. When we cruised Princess all we could say was how much we missed this. The breakfast on Carnival was 1 million times better!

You couldnt find the omelet station on Princess? Been on 3 Princess cruises and my wife goes there every morning for her eggs.

Bill

I was on the Liberty in November 2010 and like a previous poster said, I too also sailed on the Glory a year before that. The two ships are very similar but the Liberty's decor is much more pleasing to the eyes. Its a great ship, easy to navigate except getting from decks 3 - 5 i believe it was without using the elevator, great staff and the service was wonderful. It was also very clean which was impressive. The cabin (an oceanview) was also very spacious.

We've been on Liberty twice and are going again in 60 days, so we are a fan of the ship. The breakfast is pretty standard across the fleet.....but it's always fine, I usually go up early, around 7am and there is never any line. There is never a chair problem, unless you demand to be within 10 feet of the pool, in which case good luck to you. We usually go up on 10 and lay out, half the chairs are empty. And deck 11 is ALWAYS empty. Decor is tasteful, as compared to other CCL ships.... You'll have a great cruise I'm sure.

I was on the Liberty in November 2010 and like a previous poster said, I too also sailed on the Glory a year before that. The two ships are very similar but the Liberty's decor is much more pleasing to the eyes. Its a great ship, easy to navigate except getting from decks 3 - 5 i believe it was without using the elevator, great staff and the service was wonderful. It was also very clean which was impressive. The cabin (an oceanview) was also very spacious.

I agree about the comment regarding Decks 3-5. For those who don' t know: you can only access the Deck 3 lobby area, Golden Olympian dining room, and the Venetian Palance Theater from the forward elevator or stairs. If you try to access Deck 3 from the midship elevator or stairs, it will be a frustrating trip, since you can't get anywhere from there. You will be in between a back entrance to the Golden Olympian dining room, which is never opened, and the galley, which passengers can't access. The aft elevator or stairs on Deck 3 connect only to the Silver Olympian dining room.

Deck 4 is slightly easier. You can still only access the atrium, photo store, Venetian Palace Theater, and Golden Olympian dining room from the forward elevator or stairs. Everything else on that deck can be accessed from the midship or aft elevator or stairs. The Golden Olympian dining room still blocks forward access (Deck 4 also has a back entrance, which is also never opened), but there is no galley on Deck 4 to block access between midship and aft. If you need to get from the forward to the midship or aft part of the ship, it is best to use Deck 5, which allows full access, and has most of the nighttime activities.

If you go to the Buffet for breakfast or lunch and it's packed, find the 2 sets of stairs right where the dessert area is in the Buffet and go up there. There's extra seating, Fish n Chips is located up there and it's just so much quieter and less hectic than the main Buffet floor.

You couldnt find the omelet station on Princess? Been on 3 Princess cruises and my wife goes there every morning for her eggs.

Bill

Oh, we found it, there was just no one working it, ever! It came up numerous times at dinner between a few different couples and all of us were frustrated!

When is Liberty going into dry dock?

Archived