Late booking - all dining waitlisted

MrsMMark

Our friends just decided to join us on the Fantasy's 7/23 sailing. They booked a little over a week in advance of departure (you may have seen DH's post re our friend's current bought with cancer). Anyway, our friends requested late dining because that is what we have. I assumed that early and ATD would be full by now, but their documents say that ALL dining (early, late and ATD) is waitlisted. How can that be? Does this mean they are not expected to dine in the MDR? Also, should I call Carnival and take whatever steps I can to link our reservations so maybe we will be assigned to the same table - assuming they get late dining? (We booked months ago so right now there is no connection between our bookings). Any advice would be appreciated.

They will be able to eat in the main dining room but they won't know what their dining time is until they get their sign and sail card. Call and link the reservations and see if that helps, if not, go to the dining room once you board and see if you can get seated together.

I booked last week for a 7/25 departure on the Glory (only 11 days out). We were wait listed for 6:00PM dining and within two days it was confirmed at 6PM. This close to sailing they may just waitlist everyone on initial booking.

Our friends just decided to join us on the Fantasy's 7/23 sailing. They booked a little over a week in advance of departure (you may have seen DH's post re our friend's current bought with cancer). Anyway, our friends requested late dining because that is what we have. I assumed that early and ATD would be full by now, but their documents say that ALL dining (early, late and ATD) is waitlisted. How can that be? Does this mean they are not expected to dine in the MDR? Also, should I call Carnival and take whatever steps I can to link our reservations so maybe we will be assigned to the same table - assuming they get late dining? (We booked months ago so right now there is no connection between our bookings). Any advice would be appreciated.

Since we sail this coming Saturday there is little that you can do to ensure sitting together. You best option is for all of you to go to the dining room Saturday afternoon, speak to the maitr'd and try to arrange it then.

Archived