What's this thing (in the cabin)?

Aoumd

That'll stop the cameras from seeing you, but it won't stop the bugs (listening devices) from hearing you.:cool: Big Brother is listening, too.

:p:D

Feel sorry for anyone listening to my cabin - snoring and the noises of certain other bodily functions is all they'll get...

DSC_0246.jpg

Got back from the Glory last week and had a great time, but a question...

The black button-like thing on the right is the restroom light, but I wonder what the little sensor-like thing (with its own little switch) on the left is? Never seemed to be able to find a reason for it on our recent cruise...

Oh my gosh! You didn't push on it or anything did you. It activates the in room hidden camera that transmits a live feed to the crew entertainment area.

Another reason to take duct tape with you.

Tape over unusual looking electronic gizmos/gadgets/thingies! :eek:

Keep your duct tape in your checked bag. Port security pulled my roll in June (along with extra plastic ties that I use for diving, "locking" luggage, etc.); apparently they are viewed as "restraining devices" and on the naughty list.

---

- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 years later...
I have never seen this either of my cruises...... but, I will be following this thread wait for a reply from those of you who will be sailing soon. Please let us know what you find out.:eek:

I would have asked my steward on my last cruise about that but he spoke such poor English it was hard to actually have a conversation.

I would have asked my steward on my last cruise about that but he spoke such poor English it was hard to actually have a conversation.

Sorry, but I have to ask. What possessed you to pull up this 5 year old thread about a wall gadget?:confused:

Sorry, but I have to ask. What possessed you to pull up this 5 year old thread about a wall gadget?:confused:

My guess is to take a swipe at the steward's language skills. Classy.

To show that a search on CC can be successful?

Beats those who start their post with: "I tried a search and couldn't find anything" or "I would post in the port of call section but I dont get answers there".

Both seem to be excuses and code for "I don't know how" or "I'm too lazy".

To show that a search on CC can be successful?

Beats those who start their post with: "I tried a search and couldn't find anything" or "I would post in the port of call section but I dont get answers there".

Both seem to be excuses and code for "I don't know how" or "I'm too lazy".

I agree with the "I tried a search" thing and most times the answers are there over and over.

I found this a weird thing to search and the poster simply made a statement, but gave no answer.

I'm sorry if my question bothers you. That was not my intent. I was curious what that device in my stateroom was so I googled it and Google brought me to this page.

My guess is to take a swipe at the steward's language skills. Classy.

Classy reply KevInPitt. No, I was not taking a swipe at the steward's language skills. He was far better at English than I would be at his native language. I was merely stating why I didn't try to ask him a question that he may not have understood or had an answer for.

Probably because no one seems to know what it is & certainly not going to look thru 5 years of posts to see if someone had asked this question before. That's what these boards are for, ask a question and see if someone knows the answer.

Classy reply KevInPitt. No, I was not taking a swipe at the steward's language skills. He was far better at English than I would be at his native language. I was merely stating why I didn't try to ask him a question that he may not have understood or had an answer for.

Wouldn't it have been simpler to point to it and say "what's this?" ;)

Its a GFCI circuit breaker for the bathroom lights and electrical outlet. I've watched a ship's technician pop off the plastic cover and trip it to the off position to kill the power while he replaced one of the fluorescent light tubes.

You probably have something similar in your bathrooms at home in a different package... They are required when electrical outlets are installed in a damp or wet location, so that you don't get electrocuted if for instance the cord on your electric shaver is damaged.

No need for the tin foil hats. The camera is really in the TV. :eek:

Its a GFCI circuit breaker for the bathroom lights and electrical outlet. I've watched a ship's technician pop off the plastic cover and trip it to the off position to kill the power while he replaced one of the fluorescent light tubes.

You probably have something similar in your bathrooms at home in a different package... They are required when electrical outlets are installed in a damp or wet location, so that you don't get electrocuted if for instance the cord on your electric shaver is damage.

Thank you James, that makes sense. I guess I didn't think of that because it doesn't look anything like the GFCIs that I've seen in the states.