Inside room or Promonade room on Explorer of the Seas

Although we've only stayed in balconies, my SIL and BIL had a Promenade room and I thought having the window was nice. I would try and book on deck 8, that way the sounds from the Promenade are much lower.

Thanks! When I was talking to my mom she said we were crazy for not wanting a promonade room...we are never in the room too much and were just concerned if it would be noisy or too much light and what not...are they really better then just the regular inside rooms... The last time we were on the Navigator and had a balcony, which was awesom but can not justify the cost difference this trip...

We've done both and much prefer an inside. Noise is not the issue. The bed placement in the PR cabin is really inconvenient. The bed separates the bathroom from the rest of the room and there is very little space at the foot of the bed to walk by. I would take a PR if I had to, but given the choice between the two, I would take the inside.

I had the Deck 6 PR room directly above the Cafe Promenade and loved it!!!!!!!!!!!! You could watch the parades and "people watch" without having to fight the crowd!! Great views, no noise really, just a little pulsing vibe during the parade/dance party. You'll love a PR room. You get an extra couch seat right in the bay window!!

Hope this helps! - Miriam

We had a PR cabin on Explorer and loved it. I do not recall much of a noise issue. I also have been told that you can get free ice cream for the room that has the cow in front of the window from the ice cream shop. Not sure if that is still there.

The window and window seat give the cabin a more "outside" feel. The downsides are that you will "hear" bass from the parades or other events and you have to be vigilant about keeping that window drawn so as not to give those across from you a show. Also, I found in my one promenade cabin that it seemed a little tight to squeeze between the end of the bed and the wall to make it through the cabin.

We stayed in a promenade room last year and will again this year. I like the extra space the couch gave. We book two adjoining and just leave the door open between the two. We were a group of 14 traveling together and all had promenade rooms. Only one that was noisy was the one above the bar with the really bad singer. Lucky that was not ours! :)

You should have no noise issues because of the promenade room window...it's double-paned and doesn't open. Do try and book deck 7 or 8, tho....just higher above the 'action"!

Trust me. You are wrong.

Had a promenade cabin on deck 7 across from guest relations and you could hear the trio playing on deck 4.

Archived