The Haven by Norwegian Introduced on Project Breakaway

Flip2cruise

Trying to go in my computer and get to Haven the rooms look soooooooooo good. A friend of mine a butler on NCL said they would get rid of the round beds because of cost of sheets, I guess someone is paying attention to these boards.

I don't get a negative vibe from the word Haven. So I read the page at NCL. Does every suite now give access to the courtyard/Haven? On one of the description pages it says "courtyard penthouse and penthouse with balcony" - so that would include the aft penthouses, formerly romantic suites?

I don't get a negative vibe from the word Haven. So I read the page at NCL. Does every suite now give access to the courtyard/Haven? On one of the description pages it says "courtyard penthouse and penthouse with balcony" - so that would include the aft penthouses, formerly romantic suites?

If you mean on the new, coming, ships the answer is yes, as I understand it. That is also how it is on the Epic.

I read that there would be 8 aft facing penthouses and 10 forward facing penthouses on the new ships that are not part of the Haven. Not sure if they will have courtyard access.

I think the name is meant to be a safe "haven" from the rest of the ship, if you want it to be. You can limit who you interact with to the guests booked in the haven area if you so choose. The name is catchy. The renderings of the Breakaway ships look incredible! :)

I don't like the name either, but I do like the look of the cabins. I hope they consider adding a retractable roof to the pool area. Courtyard area on my Epic cruise was an unusable wind tunnel for my entire trip.

I'm not sure how they decided which passengers to poll, but I got an email recently asking me to vote for a new name for the Courtyard. "Haven" was my least favorite choice. I guess I was out-voted.

Was wondering the same thing. We're in an SF on Jade and I'm wondering if we now have access to the courtyard. Would LOVE if that's the case!

Anyone know for sure? (anyone already called up and asked?) :confused:

Was wondering the same thing. We're in an SF on Jade and I'm wondering if we now have access to the courtyard. Would LOVE if that's the case!

Anyone know for sure? (anyone already called up and asked?) :confused:

The courtyard on the Jade is to small for that. They have tested to give access to all suitepassengers but hopefully they won't do that again...

The courtyard on the Jade is to small for that. They have tested to give access to all suitepassengers but hopefully they won't do that again...

Kevin Sheehan was specifically asked this question on Monday night by a reporter and his response was, on the Jewel-class of ships the only ones who have the Courtyard access are the people who pay to stay in the complex. Other suites will not have the access to those facilities in the Haven but will have the 24 hour butler service. :)

Kevin Sheehan was specifically asked this question on Monday night by a reporter and his response was, on the Jewel-class of ships the only ones who have the Courtyard access are the people who pay to stay in the complex. Other suites will not have the access to those facilities in the Haven but will have the 24 hour butler service. :)

Thanks. So I'll still get everything I expected when I selected the category, just not an awesome and totally unexpected perk. Works for me, but it would seem I'm not the only one that thinks the Haven sub-site may be just a little confusing/convoluted... however you want to phrase it, but it's not super clear on that

I think the name is meant to be a safe "haven" from the rest of the ship, if you want it to be. You can limit who you interact with to the guests booked in the haven area if you so choose.

Yeah.....gotta stay a safe distance away from those "other" people. You know the rest (majority) of the passengers...LOL sorry....

As far as the new ships are concerned, I'm not really too excited with what I've seen with the Breakaway builds so far. To me (and I hope I'm wrong) , it looks like more of the same borrowed from the Epic, but with even greater passenger density:

-no promenade deck with views

-stealing what was once public access space to be used for "class only" access, like forward facing sun decks and "invitation only" eating establishments

That's not what I was looking for from Project Breakaway.

Anyway, it should be interesting to see how they are going to cram 3,000 plus passengers onto a smaller ship with a shortened deck space because of the reserved areas and still convince people that this is innovative. Good luck with that.

Here's a thought, maybe if they built a real promenade deck, passengers could utilize that area to sun, relax or get away from the top deck. It made perfect sense years ago and still does today IMO.

I was just looking at our upcoming cruise on the Gem to see if there are any suites open. We are already in an SC so I was looking for upsell possibilities. The NCL site for our sailing noted The Haven next to Owner's Suite in the title. "The Haven" was not listed next to the other level suites not in the Courtyard.

Archived