The Haven by Norwegian Introduced on Project Breakaway

Flip2cruise

So far the new Breakaway ships look much more appealing than the Epic. The conventional bathroom arrangement will work much better for us. I never had to urge to cruise on the Epic, but I could find myself booking one of the new ships especially if the food in the main dinning room gets better reviews.

I thought they were considering a sliding roof for the pool area.

After the fiasco on Epic, (high winds) I was certain they were planning on enclosing the courtyard, especially since the area is back to being smaller.

Interesting addition with the new Haven program that extends to all Jewel class ships and the Epic they have extended limo service from ship to airport to all Haven passengers. That was stated on yesterday's webinare

Wow. That is interesting. It is also a lot of limos, especially for the Epic with its large number (about 60) of courtyard villas in the Haven area and the 2 new ships with about 40 Haven suites. I am sure they will refine the coverage for the limo service or there will surely be a limo traffic jam on Debarkation day. LOL

As long as they allow kids in "The Haven", it will be anything but.

Agreed!

With children and smoking allowed I don't think they'll take any business away from the luxury lines that they may have in mind with their "say nothing" glossy advertising in upscale travel magazines. This will not be a

'Haven" at all.:rolleyes:

I'm not sure I saw this before but this morning I was reading about the lesser number of suites on the new builds and it specifically mentioned that there would be 8 aft-facing suites and 10/12 forward-facing suites without access to the Haven courtyard.

In fact there are more suites on the Breakaway ships then the Epic. Fewer courtyard (Haven) however:

Breakaway

42 suites surrounding Courtyard

16 spa suites

22 throughout ship

Norwegian Epic

60 Courtyard and Penthouse suites

8 Spa suites

7 throughout ship

On the slides from yesterday's webinare all the suites on both of these ships are listed as part of the Haven so like today on the Epic I expect they will have access to the Haven restaurant and courtyard. .

The non-courtyard (Haven) suites on the other ships are not part of Haven.

Interesting addition with the new Haven program that extends to all Jewel class ships and the Epic they have extended limo service from ship to airport to all Haven passengers. That was stated on yesterday's webinare

This was stated incorrectly during the webinar. She later corrected her statement on facebook. Limo is still a Garden Villa service only.

This was stated incorrectly during the webinar. She later corrected her statement on facebook. Limo is still a Garden Villa service only.

I figured that would change. Andy did say GV only earlier in the presentation but she insisted it was all.

Why not call it Sanctuary? Haven sounds kind of blah. Now they'll all be called The Haven Suites. Blech:cool:

Probably can't use Sanctuary as Princess uses that term and may have it copyrighted.

Just another way for NCL to raise there prices

I think Haven is the same as the courtyard. They re name it and then charge more money for the rooms

It is great to sail in a suite and use the courtyard but is it worth it.

That is the big question

Personally, I don't like the name Haven- It has a negative connotation. Courtyard sounded much nicer.

I guess it doesn't matter to me though-I never sail in suites. I'd rather go on another cruise for that amount of money :)

:confused: How is "haven" a negative term? Is there some definition outside of the accepted norm that I am unaware of?

I think the name is perfectly fine. It's a nautical term, "a safe haven".

If I "wanted" to be "cut off" from everyone else, my vacation would be alone on a mountain top. I'm just fine with an Aft Balcony or aft facing Suite if I wanted to splurge and had the cash. G-D bless those who do, and if I ever score a "Mega Million" or "Powerball" hit then that's different...

Oh Jersey Boy: "I know what I like, and I like what I know" (Peter Gabriel)

Is back when Genesis was a "real" prog Rock Band and not a "power pop" group....(from the view of an ex-guitarist who's still into prog music..)

BTW: Steve Hackett was playing it on his last Solo tour...

Bill(DrFootball)

"This is Striker 6-5, rolling in hot. We got your fire support right here....":cool:

Why not call it Sanctuary? Haven sounds kind of blah. Now they'll all be called The Haven Suites. Blech:cool:

Princess already took the name Sanctuary for its private courtyard. But it is not associated with suites. You just pay $20 a day. It's not like a spa pass, either, just an outdoor area.

I think the name is meant to be a safe "haven" from the rest of the ship, if you want it to be. You can limit who you interact with to the guests booked in the haven area if you so choose. The name is catchy. The renderings of the Breakaway ships look incredible! :)

That's how I interpreted it...I dont' find any negative connotation at all :confused:

And I agree the renderings do look amazing :)

That's how I interpreted it...I dont' find any negative connotation at all :confused:

And I agree the renderings do look amazing :)

In the webcast NCL said the name was submitted by the guests who stayed in the villas and this one was submitted the most !:eek:

Archived