Just off the Caribbean Princess July 10 sailing

frofro

I sail on the 28th. Did you do New England or the Bermuda? Others have written regarding general rudeness of passengers and "chair hogs", what was your experience? Thanks!!

I did Bermuda/Caribbean...passengers were friendly and polite, met lots of lovely people...chair hogs were in full force...it seemed worse this year than the other years...you'll have a better chance of getting a chair on the 16th floor rather than right by the pool...

can you tell me your favorite excursions. Did you do them with the cruise or alone? Thanks We are going next week,also on the 28th

I did the beach horsebackriding excursion in Grand Turk thru the ship,my son LOVED this..I did everything else on my own whichwas beaches and shopping...it's very easy to get around...

We were on the June 22 - July 1 Canada/New England Caribbean Princess cruise. We had a lovely time but we had issues with the food. We had traditional late seating in the Palm dining room. What was your experience?

I did Bermuda/Caribbean...passengers were friendly and polite, met lots of lovely people...chair hogs were in full force...it seemed worse this year than the other years...you'll have a better chance of getting a chair on the 16th floor rather than right by the pool...

How was Bermuda? Did you go to any beaches?

We were on the June 22 - July 1 Canada/New England Caribbean Princess cruise. We had a lovely time but we had issues with the food. We had traditional late seating in the Palm dining room. What was your experience?

What kind of issues? For the most part I thought the food was good. I had anytime, and ate in the Coral Dining room without any wait...

Bermuda was beautiful as always, but WINDY...took a bus to Horseshoe Bay...

Windy?... two years ago, we missed Bermuda because it was too windy. :( We're hopeful to make it this year!

Windy?... two years ago, we missed Bermuda because it was too windy. :( We're hopeful to make it this year!

I remember that...a friend was on that sailing...if it's not too bad they go in ...have fun!

I sail on the 28th. Did you do New England or the Bermuda? Others have written regarding general rudeness of passengers and "chair hogs", what was your experience? Thanks!![/quote

We were on the July 10th cruise also. Did not find any rude passengers - however the chair hogs were in full force. There were 3500 passengers on board this cruise - it was way to crowded. Pools - shows and restaurants were packed. If you want a pool chair you will need to be at the pool no later than 6:45am - even at that time most chairs will be saved with towels or have books on them. We were told one woman got up at 2:30am at night to save a chair in the pool area below the sanctuary. Seems a bit excessive. The Caribbean Princess is a nice ship in good shape for her age - food was good. We had a mini suite and liked it a lot. Have a great cruise.

does anyone know who the captain and cruise director are?

The emails that we got from Princess sez that for the 7/28 sailing the captain is Captain Philip Pickford and the CD is Neil Roberts.

We were on the July 10th cruise also. Did not find any rude passengers - however the chair hogs were in full force. There were 3500 passengers on board this cruise - it was way to crowded. Pools - shows and restaurants were packed. If you want a pool chair you will need to be at the pool no later than 6:45am - even at that time most chairs will be saved with towels or have books on them. We were told one woman got up at 2:30am at night to save a chair in the pool area below the sanctuary. Seems a bit excessive. The Caribbean Princess is a nice ship in good shape for her age - food was good. We had a mini suite and liked it a lot. Have a great cruise.

Maybe it's just me but I think rudeness includes those that reserve chairs for hours and never return. I am traveling by myself so it's not like someone can sit in the chairs and the other can get breakfast or whatever. I think I will need to set my alarm, get an early breakfast, and get out there. This sounds like my life at home - except I'm not walking dogs!! Thank you for your responses!!!

We had a lovely time as usual..

If you have any questions I will be happy to try and answer...

Hello! We are cruising on July 28th with this same ship. I was wondering do they have bar soap and bottled shampoo?, or is it on the wall in liquid form where you dispense it by pushing a button?

Hello! We are cruising on July 28th with this same ship. I was wondering do they have bar soap and bottled shampoo?, or is it on the wall in liquid form where you dispense it by pushing a button?

It'll be bar soap or bath gel and bottled shampoo and conditioner. The only ship I've seen that had a bath gel dispenser was the Sea Princess.

Attention chair hogs!

If you come back at 2pm after throwing your danielle steel romance novel and gritty st thomas hat on 2 chairs anytime from 6am till 145pm, I will likely be in your chair, and your things will be strewn around.

People need to treat the ship public areas like public areas in any city/beach/park. Don't leave your stuff out unattended. While I'm not going to steal any of your personal effects, i will put them to the side of the chair or under it or on another chair. When you come to bark at me I'm going to give you the silent treatment, a blank stare, and a gesturing motion to the sign that says "no reserving of chairs." If you want to make a scene and try to forcibly remove me, I'm sure the bar tending staff (whom I make friends with very quickly between ordering drinks and giving tips) will notify ship security and you'll get your very own chair in whatever brig-like-room is on board.

And I wouldn't be to quick to flame me, it really lets everyone know who are the chair hogs on this board.

We had a bar of soap in our shower for the July 1st sailing. :)

I was also on this cruise and it was fantastic.

I agree, the pool chair hogs were out. I tried to get a chair near the pool since my 10 year old was swimming and I like to be near her to keep an eye on her. A chair was empty so I went to get it. A lady yelled at me that it was saved. That chair remained empty. I was pissed. :mad: After that, I didn't bother with the pool area.

We ate in the Palm dining room for 1st traditional and the food was the best we have had on any cruise. The steaks were tender, the salmon was cooked to perfection and the Love Boat Dream was still awesome. We also had the absolute best wait team, Noel and Dexter.

Bermuda was very windy, but we had a private tour guide, so it worked out well for us since we didn't use it as a beach day.

We were also in a minisuite and it was wonderful for the 4 of us. It was the first time for a balcony for us and my hubby is now hooked. :D

I'm interested in which movies were on MUTS. We're on the September 3rd. sailing to New England/Canada.

Thanks,

Susan

Nobody would be able to tell you what is playing on MUTS that far into the future. In general, they play whatever has been recently released to DVD.

Archived