Something New for me.

BoPippy

There is some controversy about whether or not they do emit some pollutants but you're sure to have a lot of people calling in to report smoke being seen even if they don't smell. You're better off staying inside the cabin and avoid the problem.

Thanks, but I'm sure for the price of the cruise I can find somewhere smoking E-cigs and regular cigarettes are allowed and not have to stay in my cabin! If there's a problem, I'm sure I can handle it without any issue. There is no pollutant, it's only HARMLESS vapor...

Safe sails!

It was a change that was going to happen, it was only a matter of when.:)

I so agree and remember way back when when Vancouver (and all of BC) hotels and restaurants banned smoking??? I remember all the uproar but it seems that the Hotel and Restaurant business here is still going strong.

I didn't get a call but I am booked on my next Princess cruise and got a great upgrade to a BB :D

Thanks, but I'm sure for the price of the cruise I can find somewhere smoking E-cigs and regular cigarettes are allowed and not have to stay in my cabin! If there's a problem, I'm sure I can handle it without any issue. There is no pollutant, it's only HARMLESS vapor...

Safe sails!

That's what the e cigarette manufactures would have you believe but I'm not so sure about it.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/booster_shots/2009/07/fda-electronic-cigarettes-are-a-nono.html

Whose alcohol pricing do you like better? I've only sailed on Carnival and Princess and I find them both to be high priced. The happy hour 3.99 well drinks will help some though. I typically thought Princess' liberal bring on board policy helped as much as anything but I'm interested in hearing about another line with better alcohol price.

I agree. I didn't even realize they had a happy hour when we sailed last fall. Bringing our own wine onboard is a real perk, since we mostly drink wine. Don't get me wrong, we bought our share of wine at dinner and drinks by the pool, lots of coffee at IC (although I had a BOGO for coffee), and champagne tasting in Vines.

When we sail RCCL, we pack wine and champagne in our suitcases and never had a problem.

NCL, we carry on our wine and pay the corkage fee as we board, although the first time we sailed, they didn't charge us.

I so agree and remember way back when when Vancouver (and all of BC) hotels and restaurants banned smoking??? I remember all the uproar but it seems that the Hotel and Restaurant business here is still going strong.

I think you meant bars and restaurants, many BC hotels still have smoking rooms or smoking floors....darn.

You won't really know if it's a nice gesture or not until you see the offers that they are going to send you. If the prices are just the same prices anyone can get, then the call was nothing but a sales pitch. But if they are truly giving you a special deal, then it is indeed a nice gesture!

That's what the e cigarette manufactures would have you believe but I'm not so sure about it.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/booster_shots/2009/07/fda-electronic-cigarettes-are-a-nono.html

Thanks for the info. I read the article...There are many different kinds of e-cigs...one is where you mix the "juice"(s) for flavor or strength. The one I use needs no liquids...It's a battery and a "filter", which is the tobacco" taste. It's "greensmoke dot com." I found nothing really harmful or addictive. You might be interested in reading the info....Nothing's perfect other than not smoking, which for me is not a reality just yet, so this will have to suffice.

Safe sails.

I got an email today, from the President and CEO of Princess, thanking me for booking my cruise yesterday! That's nice!

Nice! I got an email today from the Captain of the Island Princess. Maybe he'll invite us to have dinner w/ him?;)

I got an email today, from the President and CEO of Princess, thanking me for booking my cruise yesterday! That's nice!

You will get three more e-mails before the cruise.

A couple of months before the cruise will be one from the Captain.

About a month away will be one about the Hotel General Manager and the Matre d'.

And a couple of weeks before sailing will be one from the Cruise Director listing some of the entertainment.

Archived