Something New for me.

BoPippy

Got a call today from Princess saying they appreciate our business and hope we will sail with them again and they r going to e-mail us some deals coming up.Nice touch for a company i was beginning to think were kind of out of touch with their past clients!:)

Hope they call so I can tell them we will not be sailing with Princess anymore after 15 Jan 2012.

It's too bad you won't sail with them any longer, but... Princess will gain more customers than they will lose with thier policy change.

The world is changing and it's nice to see that they are attempting to do the same. I apprecaiate that Princess has recognized the majority of the population's preference for fresh air.

Got a call today from Princess saying they appreciate our business and hope we will sail with them again and they r going to e-mail us some deals coming up.Nice touch for a company i was beginning to think were kind of out of touch with their past clients!:)

It is surprising how many people here actually enjoy tele-marketing.

Hope they call so I can tell them we will not be sailing with Princess anymore after 15 Jan 2012.

Well, I won't miss one less smoker. They won't call me because we gave up on them about 3 yrs ago due to balcony smoking. Have taken about 10 cruises since on AZ, Celeb, Oceania. Now, we are actively looking for a Princess cruise. I think they will welcome us back. We did always like Princess, but the smoke was a deal breaker.

I think that was a nice touch. Maybe more cruise lines are trying to make them seem a bit more personalized in these days of mega ships. We just booked a cruise with NCL (Even though we are fairly loyal to Princess), and within 24-hours of booking we got an email thanking us for booking with them, etc. I get B-Day emails from Princess, HAL, and Carnival, but never one thanking us for booking with them (However, I do believe on our last Princess cruise we did get an email thanking us for sailing with them).

A phone call is more expensive for a company than an email.

HI: I was wondering if the rule applies to E-Cigarettes, which produces vapor, not real smoke....Also, was curious if anyone has used the E-cigs on board the Island Princess or any other Princess and if there were any restrictions! I hope not as they are definitely not real cigarettes by any means.

Thanks to all with accurate information~

Safe sails.:)

HI: I was wondering if the rule applies to E-Cigarettes, which produces vapor, not real smoke....Also, was curious if anyone has used the E-cigs on board the Island Princess or any other Princess and if there were any restrictions! I hope not as they are definitely not real cigarettes by any means.

Thanks to all with accurate information~

Safe sails.:)

There is some controversy about whether or not they do emit some pollutants but you're sure to have a lot of people calling in to report smoke being seen even if they don't smell. You're better off staying inside the cabin and avoid the problem.

I get B-Day emails from Princess, HAL, and Carnival, but never one thanking us for booking with them (However, I do believe on our last Princess cruise we did get an email thanking us for sailing with them).

For the last couple of years, there have been a series of four e-mails from Princess when you book a cruise.

a) Within a day a message from the Princess president thanking you for booking with them.

b) A couple of months before the cruise a message from the Captain

c) About a month before the cruise a message from the executive chef.

d) A couple of weeks before the cruise, a message from the Cruise Director which lists some of the entertainment.

For the last couple of years, there have been a series of four e-mails from Princess when you book a cruise.

a) Within a day a message from the Princess president thanking you for booking with them.

b) A couple of months before the cruise a message from the Captain

c) About a month before the cruise a message from the executive chef.

d) A couple of weeks before the cruise, a message from the Cruise Director which lists some of the entertainment.

And none of them means a thing to me, unless it includes a note advising me of my upgrade to a suite.:p

Wow Like shooting fish in a .....

I'd tell them that I like their demographics on some cruises.

I'd tell them that I like their check-in procedures.

I'd tell them that I like their ship decor.

I'd tell them I don't like their passenger to gross ton ratio on some ships.

I'd tell them I don't like their veiled use of guarantees to get around price reductions post final.

I'd tell them I don't like their alcohol pricing compared to other lines.

I'd tell them their price points are not justifiable given minimal benefits compared to other main stream cruise lines.

I'd tell them I don't like their alcohol pricing compared to other lines.

Whose alcohol pricing do you like better? I've only sailed on Carnival and Princess and I find them both to be high priced. The happy hour 3.99 well drinks will help some though. I typically thought Princess' liberal bring on board policy helped as much as anything but I'm interested in hearing about another line with better alcohol price.

Beverage pricing on HAL beats Princess, RCCL, NCL, and Carnival.

$3.00 bloody marys, $2.50 daught beers, 2 for 1's every night, bring as much wine as you want (not a 1 per person guideline and no autocorkage upon boarding like NCL), $25 x 1 litre bottles of vodka etc from room service etc

Do I need to go on?

Archived