Who do I believe???

Thanks everyone for the info..... Not that big of a deal to change the flight times, especially this far out.... Taken care of.... No change fee becuase they are first class (wsn't thinking of that when I was typing last time, I was a little :mad: at the time of the post).... For the record - regardless of what I paid for the airplane ticket it would make me angry if I would have had to pay another $100 becuase of someone elses mistake..... Also, why else would I go directly to Royal Caribbean if not for wanting ACCURATE information????? I would think they should be the ones with the most accurate and up to date information.....

As far as the connecting rooms go, it will be fine.... :D

I guess they are just like the weather man, no matter what they say, they still get to keep thier job...... :rolleyes:

Bottom line: More reliable information on Cruise Critic than from RC in many many instances.

:rolleyes:

Bottom line: More reliable information on Cruise Critic than from RC in many many instances.

Well, in most cases I would agree. But I just saw someone with over 44,000 posts claim that chlorine doesn't fade clothing. It makes me think there are 44,000 posts out there full of misinformation. :rolleyes:

Well, in most cases I would agree. But I just saw someone with over 44,000 posts claim that chlorine doesn't fade clothing. It makes me think there are 44,000 posts out there full of misinformation. :rolleyes:

Ya gotta know your posters. ;) :D

There is a way to get around the balconies not opening. On Radiance Class vessels on the 7th deck, E1s and E2s fore and aft, the balconies are larger and are separated by a lower railing. You won't be able to walk between the two cabins but you will be able to easily communicate. I have attached a picture below.

Pamela, Tucson, AZ

SouthAmerica_031.jpeg

Generally people flying first class (an expensive way to fly) dont usually concern themselves with a mere $100 :p that would be like dropping a penny in the ocean and getting all upset about it :D

VERY few people actually pay for first class and instead buy a discounted coach ticket and use mileage to upgrade which would require them to pay the change fee.

I agree, change your flight time. I would never consider asking a cruise line anything about an airline. IMO, you will find some of the best advice here on CC, not from a cruise line. I bet you could call 4 different times and them come up with 4 different answers. :D

Just a follow up........................

I spoke with the RCI rep again today and I asked again about the early flight and this is what she e-mailed me:

Express Departure: Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises guests who are eager to catch early flights home can take advantage of Express Departure, an option that allows them to carry their own luggage off the ship rather than claim it in the terminal after disembarking.

To use Express Departure, guests who are able to carry their own luggage simply keep their luggage inside their stateroom the night before disembarkation day. The next morning, these guests can depart the ship between 6:30 and 7:30 a.m. and proceed directly to their next destination.

Express Departure is available to all guests, regardless of citizenship, as long as they are able to carry all of thier luggage and do not have special departure needs (such as a wheelchair).

Express Departure is available on every Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises vessel, in ports throughout North and South America and Europe.

I spoke with the RCI rep again today and I asked again about the early flight and this is what she e-mailed me:

Express Departure: Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises guests who are eager to catch early flights home can take advantage of Express Departure, an option that allows them to carry their own luggage off the ship rather than claim it in the terminal after disembarking.

To use Express Departure, guests who are able to carry their own luggage simply keep their luggage inside their stateroom the night before disembarkation day. The next morning, these guests can depart the ship between 6:30 and 7:30 a.m. and proceed directly to their next destination.

Express Departure is available to all guests, regardless of citizenship, as long as they are able to carry all of thier luggage and do not have special departure needs (such as a wheelchair).

Express Departure is available on every Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises vessel, in ports throughout North and South America and Europe.

So??????:rolleyes:

Few years back we sailed out of SJ. The previous sailing did not fully clear the ship til just after 3:30 pm DEA cleared ship deck by deck on that sailing. RCL may have early departure available to it's passengers. But, only the port authorities can actually tell you when it's ok to get off the ship. Always think Murphy's law.

Hmmmm..... This is not making me happy..... I changed rooms from a mid-ship port side room to aft non port side so that our friends could be next to us, we were very excited about the balcony divider opening up.... Hhhhmmm... What to do now??? As far as the flight goes, I am going to have to check with the airline and see what we can change to, and it is going to make me really angry if I have to pay a $100 change fee............ GGGggrrrrrr.......

I understand, your unhappiness, but really you found this place and there are others. I think anyone who has ever taken a cruise out of San Juan would advise you not to consider a 9am flight under any circumstances. I haven't been there since 2002, but on that trip, the airport was absolute chaos, It was so bad my 12:45pm flight became a 3pm flight because the airline stewards/esses couldn't get to the flight because of the security line. I, generally, would suggest that you get at least two opinions before doing anything. Three is even better.;)

jc

That says nothing. It does not define what an early flight is or what time you can get off he ship. On a TA going into Miami last year we got held up by customs and anyone with a flight before noon did not make their flights.

A funny customer service story.

We took X infinity from Seattle to FT. Lauderdale. That cuise goes out of Pier 91 which was discussed thoroughly on our roll call. Pier 66 is where the Alaska cruises depart.

There was someone on our roll call staying at the Westin where a lot of us were staying . The woman told her husband that we were going out of Pier 91 but he didn't believe her so he called customer service several times to verify where we were embarking. Each time he was told Pier 66. He and his wife had a bit of a disagreement! He won. They got a cab, headed for Pier 66, saw an X ship, left the cab with their luggage and handed it to the porters to go on the ship. Something made him realize that this ship was the Mercury. They had to retrieve their luggage and get a cab to Pier 91 like his wife told him cruise critic said! He refused to participate in any cruise critic events!

If that "someone" uses a ton of !!!!! at the end of each sentence, then you are correct is assuming all 44,000 posts are full of wrong information. (!!!) :D:eek::D

Ya gotta know your posters. ;) :D

If that "someone" uses a ton of !!!!! at the end of each sentence, then you are correct is assuming all 44,000 posts are full of wrong information. (!!!):eek::D

Aint "that" (the) truth!!! ;):D

Express Departure is available on every Royal Caribbean International and

Celebrity Cruises vessel, in ports throughout North and South America and Europe.

I don't know that is available on every vessel in every port. On the Radiance in April, we were told there was no express departure. We were not allowed to carry our luggage off either. We asked our cabin steward and guest services. They said the port in Tampa does not allow guests to carry off their own bags, and we were delayed getting off the ship. No one made it off until after 9:30 am. All of the early flight people were very concerned about making it in time.

I wouldn't count on making any flight the day of debarkation based on the various stories on CC. ;)

I don't know that is available on every vessel in every port. On the Radiance in April, we were told there was no express departure. We were not allowed to carry our luggage off either. We asked our cabin steward and guest services. They said the port in Tampa does not allow guests to carry off their own bags, and we were delayed getting off the ship. No one made it off until after 9:30 am. All of the early flight people were very concerned about making it in time.

I wouldn't count on making any flight the day of debarkation based on the various stories on CC. ;)

You are correct. It is not available in Tampa. San Diego is another one. I'm sure there are others also.

I seem to recall an announcement that we could not carry off our own luggage from the Serenade this past June. I just checked my checkout info from then and there;s no mention of Express Departure. The only thing they had was early departure for flights before 11 am. You still had to leave your luggage outside the night before, but you were able to get off the ship at 7:30 am as long as you registered beforehand.

You will likely be able to get to the airport on time, but it would be cutting it very close. We got off at 8:30 and were at the gate to our flight at 9:30 am.

Archived