Fun Ships

Ok Parents... I am a over protective mom and kinda worried about letting my 6 year old daughter out of my site on a very large boat, surrounded by a very large body of water I might add. Has anyone ever had issues with the "kids" areas on Carnival ships? It just makes me nervous!!! :eek:

Once you're on the ship, you'll realize that it's nearly impossible to "fall" off....you'd have to THROW her off!

At 6, I would never give my child "run of the ship"....but do sign her up for the kid's club. It's safe and she'll have a blast! The staff are well trained professionals. You will sign her in and out, so she won't be let loose on her own.

Try to not worry so much....being on the ship is like being in a resort hotel (with a great ocean view!)...and it's supposed to be fun...not stressful! Your daughter will be fine..and so will you!

Yes, sign her up for Carnival's kid's program! In May we were on a Carnival ship that had just under 1,000 kids and we never saw them! They were kept so busy and parents told us their kids didn't want to leave. Carnival also has babysitting and slumber parties with parents picking up kids later in the night. But those working with the kids get no automatic tips. If you are pleased with them, and I'm sure you will be, tip them at the end of the cruise

At your DD's age Camp Carnival requires a parent (guardian) to pick them up. She will not be unsupervised in the Camp.

Make sure you list any adult who can pick her up. The counselors won't release her to Dad if he is not on the paperwork.

Unless your child is a climber she won't fall off.

For more info look on the Carnival and Family Cruising Boards.

Just to echo the others who say you don't have to worry. My kids were 7 on their first cruise and totally loved the Camp Carnival program. They have a great program and your daughter will be in a group with others in her age range, 6-8 years old, if I recall. I remember there were forms online to fill out, and that saved some steps once onboard, so have a look through the booking page on carnival.com, where you fill out all your other pre-cruise stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

The issues one needs to worry about has nothing to do with the ship surrounded by "water" Think of the cruise ship as a big hotel.

Supervise on the ship as you would say at a large shopping mall or public hotel on vacation.

At 6 I'd not let my child wander anywhere un-attended, would I let her do her thing at the pool and me step away for a few minutes, yes, but never un-attended for long periods or go from place A to B un-attended.

Enjoy your cruise.

Ok Parents... I am a over protective mom and kinda worried about letting my 6 year old daughter out of my site on a very large boat, surrounded by a very large body of water I might add. Has anyone ever had issues with the "kids" areas on Carnival ships? It just makes me nervous!!! :eek:

Archived