When does cruise booking desk open?

magnumcoog

Is the cruise booking desk open prior to sailing?
No. The times the Future Cruise Sales desk is open will be posted in the Patter. I strongly recommend going the first or second day it's open. After that, it starts to get crowded and towards the end of the cruise, I've seen 1 - 2 hour waits.

You've got alot of company! :-) I don't sail until Sept. and want to know what ships will be in the Med for 2006! I want to do Barcelona/Venice then Venice/Rome, another B2B and I haven't tried my first one yet!

I won't do the Med until Sept. or Oct. so I know I need to cool it and do it when I'm on the Sea Princess!

Susie

Well, I was on the Grand last week and did not feel the future cruise person was very helpful.

There were very few brochures displayed; when I asked a question about the Tahiti cruise she did not know if the Princess would be sailing there in the summer of 2006 and didn't offer me a brochure for 2005/06. I had to ask her if there was one I could have. It only goes up to April 2006.

I would expect the person in this position to have some answers or be willing to look into it.

I would have booked on the spot if the information was available, but it wasn't.

I wish they had the future cruise desk and the Captains Circle Host desk open on check-in day. There are problems that the pursers office cannot handle and tell you to go to the Hosts desk. Also since they are getting your money to use until your cruise, you would think they would want to have the future cruise desk open the day you board. Some of us want to get it out of the way and a lot of the times the desk is open when there are other things we like to participate in. "Customer Service" is the word.

Well, I was on the Grand last week and did not feel the future cruise person was very helpful.

There were very few brochures displayed; when I asked a question about the Tahiti cruise she did not know if the Princess would be sailing there in the summer of 2006 and didn't offer me a brochure for 2005/06. I had to ask her if there was one I could have. It only goes up to April 2006.

The Princess brochures only go up through April 2006, I believe, so there wasn't a brochure she could give you. Also, it's been announced that the Tahitian Princess will not be sailing to Tahiti next year. I'm not sure if anyone knows if it's going to be replaced, particularly since the schedule hasn't been released yet.

I wanted to know about the Tahiti cruise...and wanted the 2005-2006 book to look at to get an idea of the ports and ship...cabins in hopes of booking a summer 2006 cruise.

They did infact have these books, put away in the future cruise sales office. I finally got one from her.

The rumour....about the Tahitian Princess not sailing to Tahiti next year...is a rumour and the Princess personnel had not heard of it until I mentioned I read it on cruise critic.

The Princess personnel are assuming it will continue year round to Tahiti but don't know at this point. No effort was put into their part in finding anything else about it. Another passenger heard the captain of the ship say it was one of their most popular cruises.

I am planning on doing an open booking on my next cruise. Can I use a seperate credit card to do this, rather then the one I used for my on board

expenses. I was planning on paying cash, but something tells me they will not take cash and will want a credit card.

Carol

The should take a separate credit card. They do not charge it to your shipboard account. It is charged as another charge on whatever c.c. you use. I don't know why they wouldn't accept cash, except that you would have a better receipt of purchase thru c.c. Maybe they don't deal in cash, just in case the money didn't get to them.

Archived