Deluxe Oceanview Cat 6N on Carnival Dream??

kymmc3

I have a question regarding this catergory, I am really hoping I can find someone on these boards that has stayed in here and used the quad confirguation.

We are sailing on 10/1, with our 3 children, so we WILL be using the quad set up, but I've been told, read and heard that when using the quad set-up that the 2 twin beds can NOT be moved to the (one bed) queen set up. Anyone else have this problem? Do you know the reason why?? It seems to be from the pictures I've seen becuase the ladder to get into the upper bunk stands between the two beds, however, what if we were to lift our (4) year old up there? Could we then make it a queen? I guess I don't have a huge problem not sleeping with my husband :rolleyes: LOL but I must admit it will be a bit akward with us each having our own beds..... ;) I am wondering too, if they can't set it up that way, can WE arrange it how we'd like or is that just strictly out of the question?

Thanks! :confused:

I figured it was the ladder that was in the way. We do need to set up the upper bunk, since we need someone for all the kids to sleep. If we PUT our son up there (as opposed to him using the ladder) and TOOK him down after (since he only gets up during the night and won't use the ladder anyway) could we move the beds on our own?

Oh Boy!! I just read this and we have the same room for five. My youngest (2) is to big for a crib and is to small for the couch bed.( I'm afraid he'll fall off in the middle of the night) I wanted him to sleep with hubby and me , but he can't if the beds are apart. Where can my other two kids sleep? Anybody ever have a two year old in this room, if so where did you put him?

Beffiegirl ~ If he sleeps with you, you won't need that one upper bunk set up, so you'd be able to have the two beds together. so you'd have the bigger bed, and then still have the couch bed and the bunk above the couch for the other two.

In our case, we need that extra bunk set up, I think our 4 year old would be too big to sleep with us :( I think I may do some re-arranging on my own. Honeslty, if you pick him up and PUT him in the bunk on our own, we don't even need a ladder. and the only time you use the ladder is to get up/down, you don't need it during the day/ or the night. And I KNOW too that if he was to get up during the night, he'd be afarid to walk down the ladder on his own anyway, so he'd yell down for us to come and get him. AND (LOL) if the beds are together, we'd be standing on the bed to get him up there, therefore we'd be even closer (less of a fall and softer too!:D) Am I horrible to go aganist the rules and move the beds on my own????

Beffiegirl ~ If he sleeps with you, you won't need that one upper bunk set up, so you'd be able to have the two beds together. so you'd have the bigger bed, and then still have the couch bed and the bunk above the couch for the other two.

In our case, we need that extra bunk set up, I think our 4 year old would be too big to sleep with us :( I think I may do some re-arranging on my own. Honeslty, if you pick him up and PUT him in the bunk on our own, we don't even need a ladder. and the only time you use the ladder is to get up/down, you don't need it during the day/ or the night. And I KNOW too that if he was to get up during the night, he'd be afarid to walk down the ladder on his own anyway, so he'd yell down for us to come and get him. AND (LOL) if the beds are together, we'd be standing on the bed to get him up there, therefore we'd be even closer (less of a fall and softer too!:D) Am I horrible to go aganist the rules and move the beds on my own????

No , last year when we went on Independence of the seas , the steward left our beds apart to fit the crib in the middle. We could not move so my husband moved all the furniture around to fit the crib. I would just ask to keep the beds together when you get onboard and see what they say. I guess I can put the little guy on the couch. My two older kids want to be in the uppers!! Thats what makes their trip. Weird I know... Good luck!

LOL I hear ya! My 14 year old is FIGHTING with the 5 year old about who is going to sleep on the top :p:p:p

I will ask when we check in, and if nothing else, i'll just arrange it myself. If it's only for the ladder aspect, honestly my 14 year old is 5'9 she can probably sit right on it if she stands on top of the beds togehter! LOL good luck to you too!

Of course I suppose I could always sleep seperate from my husband..... but when your traveling with a family, it seems weird to me. We sleep together at home so why not on vacation too?

Carnival_Dream_Family_Quint_3018.jpg

Okay, let me get this right. You are going to toss your 4y/o into the upper bunk, and hope that he doesn't have to get up to the bathroom during the night. Then, you are going to move the nightstands from between the beds to the other sides, disconnecting the lamps, etc, and push your beds together. Then in the morning you are going to put it all back because if you don't, you are requiring the cabin steward to do this, or to stand on your bed to make up the bunk.

Really, all that work because you can't possibly last a week without sharing a bed? I mean, what are you going to do in that bed with three kids in the room? EM

My 4 year old will not climb up a ladder to begin with. And no i do not intend on putting the beds back every morning, I would leave it that way. AND we've been in a room for 4 when the lower beds are together on the bottom and both bunks are down on top and I sure the room steward knows perfectly how to make those beds, it's the same set up, except the ladder is on the side rather then the end becuase of the 2nd bunk infront of it.

I do not intend on "throwing" my child up on the bed, I would PUT him up in the bed. He WILL wake up during the night, since he does NOT sleep through the night to begin with. He will not get out of bed on his own at home, I highly doubt he will in a strange area, and again, he wouldn't walk down the ladder without our help anyway.

And it has nothing to do with "what" we'll do in that bed, more that I sleep with my husband every night, so why should it be any different while I am on vacation?

Ahhh...but the ladder was on the side, so the steward could get to the bunk to make it up. But the ladder will not be on the side because the beds are together, and there is not room for the ladder at the foot of the bunk. therefore, the steward will have to stand up on the bed to make up the bunk...unless you prefer he ignore it all week. I just hope you tip him very well. EM

A ladder would not be needed for the bed on the wall over the double if the person in the upper would like to climb up. Our nine year old grand son gets into the bed that way. The person in the lower bed on that side must remember to duck. :eek:

We lean the ladder against the wall to hang damp clothes on.

Near the Beach ~ Thank You! that is exactly what I was wondering! I am sure that I could move my 14 year old to that bed and she'd have NO Problem climbing into it (being 5'9) and I like the idea of using the ladder for drying the clothing :)

EM ~ We DO tip our room attendent quite well, in Addition to the pre-paid gratuitues, although why I am defending that I am not sure. If said steward would like to stand on the bed to "make" the bed each morning, then so be it. If they don't make the bed, so be it as well. In the past our beds weren't put back up into the ceiling daily, just folded out of the way, so making it during the day time is not necessary anyway. To each his own opinion, and I am fine with that.

This is our first vacation bringing our younger childen with, If a bed is made or not made will not ruin my vacation with them, nor will my children know any different.

Archived