New Orleans Airport Transfers

yogimax

We have never sailed out of New Orleans before but have a cruise booked next year on Voyager.

With the airlines not collecting federal taxes, I wanted to book today. What's the situation on the distance of the port to the airport? Is a shuttle possible or are cabs better.

Thanks in advance...

Yogi

Note that many of the airlines have increased fees today (according to what I've been reading on some frequent flyer blogs).

Yes, that's true, but Delta is not in that group.

What I was really asking was the distance from the port to the aitport and the best way to get there.

Yogimax-I do not know the distance but do know catching a cab is easy and cheaper then any of the shuttles offered. Spending time in the french quarter and even my family of 4 had no trouble with a cab/SUV.

I've already got my flights from Delta!!!:)

Its a good 30 minutes, possibly 45, from the Airport to the Cruise Ship terminal (near the French Quarter). Maybe 20 miles or so.

I don't know of a service that is better, quicker or cheaper than regualr cabs. Have taken them from the airport area to the french quarter several times, no issues.

On a Saturday morning the traffic will be minimal on the weekend, so about 20-25 minute ride from the cruise port which is downtown. I live about 15 minutes south of downtown New Orleans, and it takes about 30-45 minutes on a working weekday.

What about during Mardi Gras? I'm renting a car and thought I leave at Avis downtown but that one is apparently closed during Mardi Gras. That leaves me with no other choice than to leave it at the airport. A cab seems like a bad choice in this case unless they have flat rate.

Archived