Is It Possible To Delay Final Payment?

1cruiselvr

We keep the check book in the computer, and we keep it up to date and balanced every day so we always know exactly where we stand. At the end of every month we reconcile to ensure accuracy and correct any errors.

This is the procedure we were taught in the sixth grade. In those days, credit cards were unheard of, and most of us couldn't spend money we didn't have.

Now retired, we like to spend six to eight weeks a year crusing. Careful money management and inside cabins make that possible. We like the idea of being able to take a vacation from retirement!:D

I always check our statements..... Banks do make mistakes. :eek:

Do they ever! Almost every month I have one check that's data-entered incorrectly---always in the bank's favor.

I'm convinced that an employee has figured a way to get that money a penny or two at a time.

We went on our first cruise last year and loved it. Never able to vacation until kids grown up and out of school. To me, the balcony made the whole trip! So we will save until we have enough for a small balcony room then...off we go again! I booked cruise #2 460 days out to allow for budgeting, now down to a measly 114! Woo-hoo! Balcony, here I come!

We keep the check book in the computer, and we keep it up to date and balanced every day so we always know exactly where we stand. At the end of every month we reconcile to ensure accuracy and correct any errors. This is the procedure we were taught in the sixth grade. In those days, credit cards were unheard of, and most of us couldn't spend money we didn't have.

You sound like me. If I'm off a penny, I have to find it! So many people think they can afford to purchase something simply because they have a paycheck coming in, never doing the path - $$ in less $$ out. Happy Sailing!

Archived