Coffee Question

motheroftwoboys

Sorry ;) another question! I know that Marina has Barristas and the the R Class ships do not but can you still get good coffee in the bars and restaurants on Nautica. I am a real coffee addict.

Oceania is serving wonderful Italian ILLY coffee all over the ships.:)

Oceania is serving wonderful Italian ILLY coffee all over the ships.:)

Two things about the coffee:

#1 Coffee doesn't hold well, so unless it is first thing in the morning, or just after dinner, they will probably have to brew it fresh for you.......expect to wait at least 15 minutes.

#2 Although I grow to enjoy it over the course of the cruise, at first I always find the coffee to be very strong.

The Nespresso machines in the most expensive suites are fantastic. They make perfect espresso with "crema" every time, and the separate magnetic steamers make perfect foam. (I know because we have a Nespresso machine at home, not because I have ever stayed in one of those suites!)

They are so good that we have one in our law firm's Rome office; now that's a testimonial. Most espresso machines must be constantly and carefully cleaned or they soon produce bitter dreck. The Nespresso machines require minimal cleanup. In fact, I think the quality of espresso edges out the Marina's coffee bar.

The Nespresso machines in the most expensive suites are fantastic. They make perfect espresso with "crema" every time, and the separate magnetic steamers make perfect foam. (I know because we have a Nespresso machine at home, not because I have ever stayed in one of those suites!)

They are so good that we have one in our law firm's Rome office; now that's a testimonial. Most espresso machines must be constantly and carefully cleaned or they soon produce bitter dreck. The Nespresso machines require minimal cleanup. In fact, I think the quality of espresso edges out the Marina's coffee bar.

Illy is great but Nespresso is better.

We have a Nespresso machine at home too. Just love it. Brilliant coffee everytime and no mess. So they don't have "proper" espresso/cappuccino machines in the bars and restaurants? Or at least the bars?

They DO have "proper" espresso/cappuccino machines. There is one in the Terrace cafe on the R ships and I am sure there are others located in the kitchens.

We have a Nespresso machine at home too. Just love it. Brilliant coffee everytime and no mess. So they don't have "proper" espresso/cappuccino machines in the bars and restaurants? Or at least the bars?

Proper coffee machines grind the beans as you need them for each cup you brew;)

Hate those little pod things

It is all subjective though

They have self serve coffee machine in the Terrace as well as the professional espresso machine

Lyn

Obviously Nespresso not usually as good as a a pro. Gaggia (or whatever) machine but believe me I get better coffee at home than a lot of places serve. Don't class Nespresso with the other pod machines. You have to try it! :) also just SO much easier for a quick coffee at home and no mess. Have a pricey Gaggia sitting in the attic and there it will stay. However, whatever the coffee, can't wait for Tuesday.

These are some of the reasons that Nespresso is great:

Machine has much higher pump pressure than most

Coffee is fresh in aluminum capsule (not a pod)

Coffee is precisely packaged in each capsule

Many different varieties and strengths are offered

They will even make you an iced latte or cappuccino (although even some of the waiters are not aware it can be had). That's my addiction and I order them regularly (decaf too). I do not see many others with the iced specialty coffees so maybe it used to be my secret. LOL

They will even make you an iced latte or cappuccino (although even some of the waiters are not aware it can be had). That's my addiction and I order them regularly (decaf too). I do not see many others with the iced specialty coffees so maybe it used to be my secret. LOL

I had them in the afternoons - decaf - and loved them. My preference over soda at that time of day.

Yes, Lyn, fresh ground beans are best for COFFEE. But for espresso, where the machine must be constantly cleaned and the ground beans tamped down just so, the Nespresso machine is superior. I used to think pods were inferior, but the Nespresso machine has totally changed my mind.

Yes, Lyn, fresh ground beans are best for COFFEE. But for espresso, where the machine must be constantly cleaned and the ground beans tamped down just so,

We have a DeLonghi espresso machine it uses beans or ground coffee

Perfect everytime

No fuss ;)

It is a personal preference...

Lyn

Just my opinion but I think fresh ground beans are best

no pod or capsule involved ;)

Enjoy

Lyn

How do you ensure the beans are fresh before they are ground?

Nespresso grinds the beans immediately after roasting and then packages the ground product in aluminum capsules.

You can even make your own with the machine in the Terrace Cafe on the Marina. Ice is adjacent to the espresso/cappuccino machine.

How do you ensure the beans are fresh before they are ground?

The beans come in sealed bags with expiry dates:rolleyes:

We have a couple of local places that roast the beans if we want to go that route.

How do you know the coffee you buy anywhere is fresh :confused:

Like I said it is personal preferences

If you like ground coffee in a pod/ capsule ..great

what ever works for you;)

Lyn

thanks so much for that hint!!..I do think the "cat is out of the bag"!! Love iced coffees and will be trying them next year on my two TAs!! LuAnn

Hi. Sailing Oceania for first time next February. I start every day with a mocha, my home espresso machine. On other lines, I go to the espresso bar and pay for a mocha. On Oceania, could I get one with breakfast? Thanks.

Hi. Sailing Oceania for first time next February. I start every day with a mocha, my home espresso machine. On other lines, I go to the espresso bar and pay for a mocha. On Oceania, could I get one with breakfast? Thanks.

I am not sure they make Mocha but I am sure they will if they have the ingredients

I have never asked

No charge

Lyn

Archived