Sailing from Port Canaveral, FL

ictnightowl

October 2011, several friends and myself are sailing from Port Canaveral, FL. We're flying in the day before to MCO or Orlando, FL. Any tips or savings advice on transportation to and from the Pier? i.e. - Free Airport shuttles, and or Cruise shuttles? I haven't booked a hotel yet because I'm still pondering transportation.

We did the Glory out of Canaveral, after flying into Orlando.

In Canaveral, we stayed at the Raddison. It has a really good pool. If you are arriving in the morning as we did; there is a great Italian restraunt next door for lunch. The hotel does have a free shuttle, which we took to FISHLIPS for dinner. Had great Alaskan King Crab Legs for dinner. Everyone else in our party (8) enjoyed the food and atmospher also I located on the canal.

For the majority of our transportation, we got a special deal package with COCOA BEACH SHUTTLE. They picked us up at the airport, and brought us to hotel. The next morning they brought us from hotel to port. It picked us up about an hour before the hotel shuttle was running. When we got back in, they picked us up, and returned us to the airport. This was all contracted in one set package fare. Each leg of the journey was also private transportation, just those in our party, and our luggage.

You may also want to visit the Florida port board, and you will find more information about the Shuttle, Hotel and Restraunts I mentioned, as well as what other people have experienced.

If you choose the Radisson, do not get the cruise special. This is designed for people driving to the hotel, and needing to park their car for the cruise.

We did the Glory out of Canaveral, after flying into Orlando.

If you are arriving in the morning as we did; there is a great Italian restraunt next door for lunch.

good info-except that restaurant is Greek-it is very good-we often stop there even when we are driving from Ft. Lauderdale back home. We like to spend a night in Daytona or St. Augustine after a cruise. Extra beach time

good info-except that restaurant is Greek-it is very good-we often stop there even when we are driving from Ft. Lauderdale back home. We like to spend a night in Daytona or St. Augustine after a cruise. Extra beach time

The restraunt I am refering to is "KELSEY'S". You made me go to my scrapbook, and I am looking at the menu. It bills itself as a Restraunt & Pizzeria. After calling the restraunt, I was informed that the original owners were Greek. But now they DO consider themselves more of an Italian restraunt.

The restaurant I am referring to is "KELSEY'S". You made me go to my scrapbook, and I am looking at the menu. It bills itself as a Restaurant & Pizzeria. After calling the restaurant, I was informed that the original owners were Greek. But now they DO consider themselves more of an Italian restaurant.

Okay, well it has been 2 years since I ate there. They had a few Italian dishes back then, such as spaghetti and manicotti, but they offered more Greek dishes- their pizza was Greek style-and yes it was called Kelseys, I remember the name because my daughter's best friend as a child was Kelsey.

Perhaps their present clientele prefers the Italian so they go more for Italian now? All I know is I loved their Moussaka, Greek salad, and Greek style pizza. Love that feta! That is a disappointment for me.

Our last cruise which was actually from Pt. Canaveral, we ate lunch at a French bistro in St. Augustine- we did not stop at Kelseys.

Archived