When will the prices go down for September sailings???

Been rubbing my fingers to the nub checking on September sailings but the price has not budged and in one case went up. :eek: When are the prices going to go down for September?????? With so many ships in Europe are we desperate for what's still here?

I'm looking for Either Monarch September 19th. or 26th. OR

Majesty September 19th. or 26th. but I need a better buy than it shows right now. Fingers crossed that the prices will start to go down soon.

E-Beth

Been rubbing my fingers to the nub checking on September sailings but the price has not budged and in one case went up. :eek: When are the prices going to go down for September?????? With so many ships in Europe are we desperate for what's still here?

Majesty September 19th. or 26th. but I need a better buy than it shows right now. Fingers crossed that the prices will start to go down soon.

E-Beth

I'll be on the Monarch on August 19th. The prices held steady up until about 2 weeks ago when the took a nice dip. Hang on and keep checking. It may be coming your way.

E-Beth

What leads you to believe that the September prices will go down? Prices are ruled by supply and demand and since, as you say, there are so many ships in Europe, Alaska and other regions at this time, the supply of ships in the mainland US are apparently sufficient to meet the demand. If the prices haven't dropped by now, when we are close to, if not already past, final payment dates, I would not expect to see any fire sales at this point. If you really want to sail on Majesty or Monarch, you will likely have to bite the bullet and pay the going tariff.

Don't forget to watch the weekly promos, and there are some Sept showing now:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

I'm watching a cruise I have booked for Sept, but the price is about $200 MORE than we paid, so I'm not hopeful it will drop below.

When do you suppose they will show us the ones that will be on "sale" next week? These are for this week!:confused:

When do you suppose they will show us the ones that will be on "sale" next week? These are for this week!:confused:

These are the specials that run every Monday until the next Monday.

The new one is usually available for viewing (with the same link I provided above) by Thursday night or Friday for the next Tuesday. Keep checking the same link every weekend for the next week. You can book starting on Monday or Tuesday, depending on whether you are a C&A member.

That link seems to the "sales event" that is available to C&A members each Monday and to the public each Tuesday. But it is only good for those days, not all week. RCI stopped its "promowave" weekly sales about two years ago to my knowledge. If there are still weekly sales, please advise me where to find them.

Our cruise for Aug 28-Sept 4th is on the Freedom. The price went down a couple weeks ago and when I called Royal, they upgraded our room. I've never had that happen. We have an onboard credit already from a promotional offer at the time we booked it on another cruise. I've been checking and the price seems to have stayed higher. We always like the first week of September because generally it's cheaper. Good luck!

Yep! Good old supply and demand. RCI has gone to Europe & other International destinations and have dumped us here to fill the few remaining Caribbean routes to keep them profitable. However there are great deals on RCI's competitors and well worth our attention. ;)

That link seems to the "sales event" that is available to C&A members each Monday and to the public each Tuesday. But it is only good for those days, not all week. RCI stopped its "promowave" weekly sales about two years ago to my knowledge. If there are still weekly sales, please advise me where to find them.

I thought Monday was the day C&A could start booking, and Tuesday was when non-C&A could start. I thought the prices were good until the next sale. But, I could be wrong; if someone is interested, they should call and ask.

Archived