Semi-live from Caribbean Princess - New York roundtrip to the Caribbean

RickEk

Tuna fish can be opened with a manual can opener and it's one of my staples. My shelves are full of Bumble Bee. :D

Ooo, you have an electric can opener? You're livin' the life.

Mine, too, by the way. Love me some tuna on pumpernickel with dill pickle slices and a touch of Dijon mustard. Heaven on a sandwich.

Ooo, you have an electric can opener? You're livin' the life.

Mine, too, by the way. Love me some tuna on pumpernickel with dill pickle slices and a touch of Dijon mustard. Heaven on a sandwich.

No, I do not have an electric can opener. Got rid of it years ago. Manual works well and no worries about power failures (which we get more than our share of) I know; terrible sentence. Don't correct. :)

No, I do not have an electric can opener. Got rid of it years ago. Manual works well and no worries about power failures (which we get more than our share of) I know; terrible sentence. Don't correct. :)

lol, best manual can opener is Pampered chef...........can't waste my time with the electric !

Well, it appears that Emily turned west and is heading into the Caribbean. We made it to Grand Turk and the day was beautiful with a few rainstorms.

I cannot thank you enough for these posts. My Aunt Lorraine and Uncle Mike are on that cruise and I was quite concerned. I live in Florida and you know how the weather people spiel on and on about a whole lot of nothing and making it a national disaster. I should know better then to listen to the sensationalism. Although I am sad to hear you missed some of your stops, it still sounds as if things are going great! Enjoy your cruise and keep the updates coming!

Cindy:)

Since there is a special lounge for Platinum/Elite passengers, what do you get there and when is it open for passengers? Are there complimentary food/drinks or is it just a gathering place for passengers?:confused:

There is a special featured food item each day and also crackers, cheese and veggies. Drinks are not complimentary, but there is one drink of the day for $3.99. Hours vary by ship; some do 4-6, most have been doing 5-7 or 5:30 - 7:30.

I cannot thank you enough for these posts. My Aunt Lorraine and Uncle Mike are on that cruise and I was quite concerned. I live in Florida and you know how the weather people spiel on and on about a whole lot of nothing and making it a national disaster. I should know better then to listen to the sensationalism. Although I am sad to hear you missed some of your stops, it still sounds as if things are going great! Enjoy your cruise and keep the updates coming!

Cindy:)

We're having a great time. No problems with the storm except for the missed port.

Since there is a special lounge for Platinum/Elite passengers, what do you get there and when is it open for passengers? Are there complimentary food/drinks or is it just a gathering place for passengers?:confused:

As Pia has mentioned, the lounge on the Caribbean Princess is/was 5-7pm in Skywalkers. The food is complimentary (and might I say, quite tasty on our voyage.... loved the steak tartare!) and they offer a special drink of the day for $3.99. You can also purchase whatever other drink that you want. We enjoyed a little nosh before dinner and sitting with other passengers and watching the wake.

Glad you made it to Grand Turk - our friends were concerned with missing too many ports. How are the seas? Hope the ship isn't rocking and rolling.

The seas have been relatively calm even when we were fleeing from the storm. The last couple of days it's been getting rougher as we head up the coast... in fact, right now it's about as rough as it's ever been (sea state moderate).

How did you like the Hilton?

We are staying there for two nights before our cruise in Oct and doing the same thing as you. Pathing into NYC, spending the day, pathing back to the hotel and using the Princess transfers to get to the ship.

Have a great cruise :)

We are on the same cruise as you. Our hotel is in Miami the first night. Travelling from London Heathrow.:D

Looking forward to it..

Archived