Semi-live from Caribbean Princess - New York roundtrip to the Caribbean

RickEk

I don't know about that. I'm in Southwest Florida and it has been on our news all weekend. They are especially watching it this morning.

They're not talking about it on this side. In fact, they even mentioned no rain in sight for today.

We had great service (Joan from Peru was extraordinary!)

We were lucky enought to have Joan serve us as well in May and she was excellent.

Regarding possible formation of "Emily" (Don fizzled out over Texas last weekend), they are still monitoring system that is east of Guadeloupe, which so far hasn't been upgraded to tropical storm status, but that conditions were favorable for it to strengthen.

We were lucky enought to have Joan serve us as well in May and she was excellent.

Regarding possible formation of "Emily" (Don fizzled out over Texas last weekend), they are still monitoring system that is east of Guadeloupe, which so far hasn't been upgraded to tropical storm status, but that conditions were favorable for it to strengthen.

Well, Emily is officially a tropical storm. And our call at Puerto Rico has been canceled and it sounds like the call at Grand Turk is threatened also. We're heading north toward Grand Turk, so it's another sea day... might be sea days all the way back to New York. On the plus side, we'll get the port fees back, on the downside, we'll be on a cruise ship with all our needs taken care of... so no worries from us. We'll see how the other passengers respond. :rolleyes:

Wow! The weather forecasts today state there is a major storm in your vicinity. Please be safe and take it easy on board if there is a lot of turbulence. It looks like Emily is packing a wallop based on the television weather maps.

Well, Emily is officially a tropical storm. And our call at Puerto Rico has been canceled and it sounds like the call at Grand Turk is threatened also. We're heading north toward Grand Turk, so it's another sea day... might be sea days all the way back to New York. On the plus side, we'll get the port fees back, on the downside, we'll be on a cruise ship with all our needs taken care of... so no worries from us. We'll see how the other passengers respond. :rolleyes:

That's too bad....I'm sorry to hear that.

I hope your seas stay smooth all the way back.

Our non storm warnings here in South Florida have suddenly turned into "maybe a level one on Saturday." We just always have a wait and see attitude, since most of the time whatever is predicted fortunately fizzles. We've had our share of biggies through the years, but mainly fizzles. I have everything I need; hurricane shutters and tuna fish. Only coffee could be a problem.

Any amusing "other passenger response" stories would be appreciated. ;)

Most passengers seem to be taking it well. I haven't been on the pool deck, so there may be some interesting responses there... one lady in line for lunch today said that Princess gives out free cruises in these circumstances... bit my tongue and let it pass... ;)

Is Crescenzo Verde still the pianist in the piazza?

Dunno... I'll find out.

-----------------

So nice relaxing day at sea. Seas are moderate but nothing too terrible. It's windy, with alternating clouds and sun. We're off to the Platinum/Elite lounge (Chairman of the Boards tonight!!! :D) and then to a rum tasting and then to Sabatini's. It'll be the first time there for my son and his friend. I haven't been there for 7 or 8 cruises, so it should be fun.

Scuttlebutt onboard is fairly on the negative side about reaching Grand Turk tomorrow... we'll see...

Our non storm warnings here in South Florida have suddenly turned into "maybe a level one on Saturday." We just always have a wait and see attitude, since most of the time whatever is predicted fortunately fizzles. We've had our share of biggies through the years, but mainly fizzles. I have everything I need; hurricane shutters and tuna fish. Only coffee could be a problem.

We met a woman from Fort Lauderdale on a Princess cruise who told us after a hurricane caused loss of electricity in her condo, she just called her TA and asked to be on the next Princess ship sailing from Port Everglades. For the next seven days she then had electricty, meals, air conditioning, hot water, etc. By the time the cruise ended, her condo had electricity again.

We met a woman from Fort Lauderdale on a Princess cruise who told us after a hurricane caused loss of electricity in her condo, she just called her TA and asked to be on the next Princess ship sailing from Port Everglades. For the next seven days she then had electricty, meals, air conditioning, hot water, etc. By the time the cruise ended, her condo had electricity again.

Great idea, if there were a ship leaving from Pt Everglades.

Been reading the Princess info, while they said they cancelled San Juan, no word about canceling Grand Turk.

Hope that ship isn't rocking too much - the weather predictions we saw here are that storm may be following the ship right up the coast.:mad:

We're still on course to St. Thomas... we should arrive at noon. And, we're docking at Crown Bay... we were scheduled for Havensight tomorrow... bummer.

Can you tell me if JULIO is on this ship - he is a dance instructor. Teaches line dances and other dances??????

So I know what the hurricane shutters are for, but what does tuna fish do in the case of a hurricane . . . ?

So I know what the hurricane shutters are for, but what does tuna fish do in the case of a hurricane . . . ?

Tuna fish can be opened with a manual can opener and it's one of my staples. My shelves are full of Bumble Bee. :D

Archived