First RCI Cruise

They are both correct!! If you wait to make your reservations once you are on the ship they can show you the menues for each evening and then you won't miss out on a favorite dining room food!!!!

We not dress up any longer on formal nights that used to be the norm but finding more of dressing down on formal nights, actually a bit of everything....I wear a nice blouse and black pants and my honey dress pants and dress shirt with no jacket, although I have not been on this class of ship yet maybe others can give you more advice, see if the same goes on this class of ship as the ones I been on. I always go to formal evening dinner its the best dinner/choices on the menu.

Next month we taking the FOS and we are dining in formal evneing in MDR and I not wearing a dress or gown no way....too much to carry...and only for two hours twice forget that. What we did we chose the nights that we not care much for the menu and we booked up two nights Chops and 2 nights Portofinio's. You may want to consider the menu items too.

We not dress up any longer on formal nights that used to be the norm but finding more of dressing down on formal nights, actually a bit of everything....I wear a nice blouse and black pants and my honey dress pants and dress shirt with no jacket, although I have not been on this class of ship yet maybe others can give you more advice, see if the same goes on this class of ship as the ones I been on. I always go to formal evening dinner its the best dinner/choices on the menu.

Next month we taking the FOS and we are dining in formal evneing in MDR and I not wearing a dress or gown no way....too much to carry...and only for two hours twice forget that. What we did we chose the nights that we not care much for the menu and we booked up two nights Chops and 2 nights Portofinio's. You may want to consider the menu items too.

Our MTD crew asked why we skipped formal nights...we explained we didn't want to bring the extra clothes...so they said the way we dressed for regular night would have been just fine. So that goes to show the crew is more into having guests there than having them dressed as "suggested" for the day.

Of course last sailing was Allure and there are SOOO many dining options that skipping formal night does not feel overly odd as so many are doing so. Others we knew on the cruise said they sat next to folks in shorts and t-shirts on formal night...I can understand why they would be upset after they made their child get all dressed up.

Archived