Our Time in Boston- Faith413's Review

Host Faith

Was the trolley you took public transportation or the hop on hop off bus? I read that there is a trolley at the cruise terminal that will take passengers into the city...but I wasnt sure if it was a city bus or a private co.

Was the trolley you took public transportation or the hop on hop off bus? I read that there is a trolley at the cruise terminal that will take passengers into the city...but I wasnt sure if it was a city bus or a private co.

Hi Chris! This tour was the hop on, hop off trolley tour, bookable through trolleytours.com.

Did you really eat at Atlantic Fish both nights? Or was one of the names typed in wrong? Or did I read it wrong?

Also, the name of the park you have a picture of is the Rose Kennedy Parkway. It is beautiful, isn't it??? Before the completion of The Big Dig, that was all ugly unsightly highway, that made it tough to navigate from the Quincy Market area to the North End. Now, not only is it more beautiful, but it's easier and safer for pedestrian traffic too!

Looks like you had a wonderful time in my neck of the woods! :D

Did you really eat at Atlantic Fish both nights? Or was one of the names typed in wrong? Or did I read it wrong?

Also, the name of the park you have a picture of is the Rose Kennedy Parkway. It is beautiful, isn't it??? Before the completion of The Big Dig, that was all ugly unsightly highway, that made it tough to navigate from the Quincy Market area to the North End. Now, not only is it more beautiful, but it's easier and safer for pedestrian traffic too!

Looks like you had a wonderful time in my neck of the woods! :D

Whoops!! Glad you caught that! We actually ate at Neptune Oyster the second night.:o

The Rose Kenned Parkway is beautiful! I can't wait to spend some more time in Boston. Just a beautiful city.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the review...never been to Boston but would like to go one day so it was nice reading about it and seeing your wonderful pics...so unexpected on a cruise site...thx

Thank you! I figured it might be helpful to anyone stopping in Boston. Glad you enjoyed the review :)

• 3 months later...
Loved your review! I have been reading all of them, you really make me feel like I'm there with you. Have you done a review of Bermuda? The hubby and I are thinking of crusing there soon.

Thank you boxermom! I actually never did write a review of Bermuda. We sailed on that cruise before I knew about Cruise Critic at all. The ship we sailed was a little "meh," but we fell in love with Bermuda. Our favorite beach was Horseshoe Bay, just a gorgeous pink-sand beach with sparkling blue water, and cliffs that contrast against the sand and ocean. Just beautiful. We actually rode a bus around the whole island one day and enjoyed that too. I wish I could remember the names of the places we went for dinner on the island. Overall, we enjoyed Bermuda and really want to go back someday.

Thanks for the review...never been to Boston but would like to go one day so it was nice reading about it and seeing your wonderful pics...so unexpected on a cruise site...thx

It was a great review' date=' I really liked seeing inside some of the historic sites.

I hope you get to Boston soon. I was there recently and being a good tourist I walked the Freedom Trail, and have tried to record it in these videos :

[b']Part 1 Boston Common to King's Chapel [/b]

The Freedom Trail destinations in this first one are Boston Common, Massachusetts State House, Park Street Church, the Old Granary Burying Ground and King's Chapel.

Part 2 Boston Latin to Paul Revere's house

Boston Latin public school, Benjamin Franklin Statue, Old Corner Bookstore, Old South Meeting House, Old State House, Site of Boston Massacre, Faneuil Hall and Paul Revere's house

Part 3 Old North Church to the Bunker Hill Monument

Old North Church, Copp's Hill Burying Ground, the U.S.S. Constitution and finally the Bunker Hill Monument (on Breed's Hill )

That last part is the one that requires most walking as you go out to Charlestown, a neighbourhood of Boston.

Tour of USS Constitution

The 20-minute tour of the great ship is free and takes place every 30 minutes but you need photo ID to get past the security check so take your passport with you.

The whole thing is about 3 miles, and there's plenty of other things to see along the way.

All the best, Tony

It was a great review, I really liked seeing inside some of the historic sites.

I hope you get to Boston soon. I was there recently and being a good tourist I walked the Freedom Trail, and have tried to record it in these videos :

Part 1 Boston Common to King's Chapel

The Freedom Trail destinations in this first one are Boston Common, Massachusetts State House, Park Street Church, the Old Granary Burying Ground and King's Chapel.

Part 2 Boston Latin to Paul Revere's house

Boston Latin public school, Benjamin Franklin Statue, Old Corner Bookstore, Old South Meeting House, Old State House, Site of Boston Massacre, Faneuil Hall and Paul Revere's house

Part 3 Old North Church to the Bunker Hill Monument

Old North Church, Copp's Hill Burying Ground, the U.S.S. Constitution and finally the Bunker Hill Monument (on Breed's Hill )

That last part is the one that requires most walking as you go out to Charlestown, a neighbourhood of Boston.

Tour of USS Constitution

The 20-minute tour of the great ship is free and takes place every 30 minutes but you need photo ID to get past the security check so take your passport with you.

The whole thing is about 3 miles, and there's plenty of other things to see along the way.

All the best, Tony

Great videos, Tony! Thank you for sharing :)

We live in Boston area and we have all our lives.

Loved your review.

Just want to mention this year is Fenway's `100` year Anniversary. A great excuse to return for another visit. :D

For anyone planning to come to Boston, Fenway is planning all sorts of celebratory events throughout the summer.

Thanks for a great review, Host Faith. Really fun to read.

We live in Boston area and we have all our lives.

Loved your review.

Just want to mention this year is Fenway's `100` year Anniversary. A great excuse to return for another visit. :D

For anyone planning to come to Boston, Fenway is planning all sorts of celebratory events throughout the summer.

Thanks for a great review, Host Faith. Really fun to read.

Thank you so much! Hoping to visit Boston again this summer. You just gave us yet another reason to go back! :)

Next time, eat at the original Pizzeria Regina in the North End. It's much better than the booth at Quincy Market!

Absolutely, will do! I think we'll make it a longer trip next time so we can enjoy Boston more. :)

• 3 months later...

Hello All! Well, Wesley and I are planning another trip to Boston in August. I'll likely bid on our hotel on Priceline. We'll be there Friday- Sunday.

I'm looking for some restaurants to try. I think I'm going to make sure we stop at the original Pizzeria Regina, and Mike's Pastry Shop looks great. Anyone have an absolute favorite restaurant? DH and I love seafood, Italian, and steak.

Thanks for any advice you can give, I'm sure this can help someone else as well :)

We loved the lobsters at Durkin Park located in Quincy Market.

Hello All! Well, Wesley and I are planning another trip to Boston in August. I'll likely bid on our hotel on Priceline. We'll be there Friday- Sunday.

I'm looking for some restaurants to try. I think I'm going to make sure we stop at the original Pizzeria Regina, and Mike's Pastry Shop looks great. Anyone have an absolute favorite restaurant? DH and I love seafood, Italian, and steak.

Thanks for any advice you can give, I'm sure this can help someone else as well :)

Just an FYI, it's "Durgin" Park.

And it's mostly frequented by tourists.

If you need some great lobster places, there are plenty that the locals go to. But since Faith has already been to Neptune, I think she's got a line on the good places.

Just so you know, Mike's is where all the tourists go. Go there if you must (you should see it once!), but Bova, Modern, or Maria's are the places the locals go in the North End!

Just an FYI, it's "Durgin" Park.

And it's mostly frequented by tourists.

If you need some great lobster places, there are plenty that the locals go to. But since Faith has already been to Neptune, I think she's got a line on the good places.

Thanks to both of you for the great advice! If you have any personal recommendations for lobster, I would love to hear them and check them out. Looking through Tripadvisor and Yelp, it's a little tough to narrow things down.

If you're looking for sitdown/fancy, I'm not going to be much help.

If you're looking for paperplate/delicious, then James Hook Lobster, right by the Northern Avenue bridge @ Atlantic Avenue is always good. Near the pier, Yankee Lobster, on Northern Avenue near the Bank of America Pavilion (big music tent) is also a good choice.

If you've got a rental car, and don't mind a 10 minute drive from downtown, the best place for paperplate lobster (in a roll) is Belle Isle Seafood, on the Boston/Winthrop line on Route 145 (Saratoga Street).

Edit: I'd recommend Chowhound for more info on nicer places.

If you're looking for sitdown/fancy, I'm not going to be much help.

If you're looking for paperplate/delicious, then James Hook Lobster, right by the Northern Avenue bridge @ Atlantic Avenue is always good. Near the pier, Yankee Lobster, on Northern Avenue near the Bank of America Pavilion (big music tent) is also a good choice.

If you've got a rental car, and don't mind a 10 minute drive from downtown, the best place for paperplate lobster (in a roll) is Belle Isle Seafood, on the Boston/Winthrop line on Route 145 (Saratoga Street).

Edit: I'd recommend Chowhound for more info on nicer places.

These are perfect! Not looking for fancy this time, we want to eat where the locals eat, more casual places. We'll have our car with us on this trip so these suggestions are great. Thank you!

Love Union Oyster House: http://www.unionoysterhouse.com/

Just so you know, Mike's is where all the tourists go. Go there if you must (you should see it once!), but Bova, Modern, or Maria's are the places the locals go in the North End!

Bah! Mikes is the best :)

(local debate, yes??? LOL)

Archived