Pinnacle Grill and OBC?

dylan63

1. I've already made PG reservations for sail away night and the final night on my upcoming cruise, however, if I find PG caters well for my needs (celiac) I may well decide to eat there for most of the rest of the week - though I've just noticed that the price has increased to $25 per person! (Thanks, Joanie, for the heads-up:D)

So my question is, how easy is it to make PG reservations on-board, on, or after, the first night after having 'tried it out' - does it get booked up really quickly? (Maybe not if the price has increased :D)

2. On the Juneau port day we will be on a late shore excursion - "HAL's Alaska's whales and rainforests trails" - it's a 5 hour excursion 3.45 pm to 8.45 pm. The latest reservation for PG that night appears to be 9 pm.

So my question is, would I be back in time to keep that reservation, or should I just have a big lunch and reconcile myself to the idea that I'll have to make do with whatever I can eat on the room service menu and the gluten free snacks that I'll have brought on board with me :).

3. OBC on my custom itinerary

Just checking with CC to make sure I've been given the correct information by HAL. I purchased $100 each OBC for myself and my DD a couple of weeks ago (I chose sail away day and at sea stateroom delivery) - that shows up on my custom itinerary as a check mark under each of guests 1 and 2 on the line showing the gift box icon and the words "$100 shipboard credit". So far so good.

However, as we leave for our Canada/US trip next week I decided to 'top up' our OBC before we go. So on Saturday I purchased each of us additional units of $100 (same delivery day etc as above). However that additional purchase is not showing up on my custom itinerary - I expected it to show up as maybe a new line for each $100 unit purchased.

I emailed HAL and have just received this response:

"Unfortunately the itinerary page will just show a check mark for the onboard credit and will not specify how many you have purchased. Our records do show that you have purchased [amount of] $100.00USD onboard credits for yourself and your daughter. I have sent gift order confirmations for your records"

My question is this, is this correct? It just seems odd that the program that HAL uses hasn't been designed with this function in mind.

Anyway, I'm taking all my email confirmations with me plus the above email 'just in case'.

1. I've already made PG reservations for sail away night and the final night on my upcoming cruise, however, if I find PG caters well for my needs (celiac) I may well decide to eat there for most of the rest of the week - though I've just noticed that the price has increased to $25 per person! (Thanks, Joanie, for the heads-up:D)

So my question is, how easy is it to make PG reservations on-board, on, or after, the first night after having 'tried it out' - does it get booked up really quickly? (Maybe not if the price has increased :D)

2. On the Juneau port day we will be on a late shore excursion - "HAL's Alaska's whales and rainforests trails" - it's a 5 hour excursion 3.45 pm to 8.45 pm. The latest reservation for PG that night appears to be 9 pm.

So my question is, would I be back in time to keep that reservation, or should I just have a big lunch and reconcile myself to the idea that I'll have to make do with whatever I can eat on the room service menu and the gluten free snacks that I'll have brought on board with me :).

3. OBC on my custom itinerary

Just checking with CC to make sure I've been given the correct information by HAL. I purchased $100 each OBC for myself and my DD a couple of weeks ago (I chose sail away day and at sea stateroom delivery) - that shows up on my custom itinerary as a check mark under each of guests 1 and 2 on the line showing the gift box icon and the words "$100 shipboard credit". So far so good.

However, as we leave for our Canada/US trip next week I decided to 'top up' our OBC before we go. So on Saturday I purchased each of us additional units of $100 (same delivery day etc as above). However that additional purchase is not showing up on my custom itinerary - I expected it to show up as maybe a new line for each $100 unit purchased.

I emailed HAL and have just received this response:

"Unfortunately the itinerary page will just show a check mark for the onboard credit and will not specify how many you have purchased. Our records do show that you have purchased [amount of] $100.00USD onboard credits for yourself and your daughter. I have sent gift order confirmations for your records"

My question is this, is this correct? It just seems odd that the program that HAL uses hasn't been designed with this function in mind.

Anyway, I'm taking all my email confirmations with me plus the above email 'just in case'.

You are quite welcome:)

And thank You for letting me know that I could make the Announcement on the HAL Board as I'd promised:)

Joanie

Thanks catl331 for the reassurance and confirming what HAL told me.

I'll have to remember this for the end of cruise survey and make the suggestion that HAL could improve their custom itinerary page by adding a quantity feature to the OBC section.

I take HAL shore excursions, and I can't recall ever getting back when I otherwise would have expected to if I added the excursion length to the start time. They always run over.

Add to that you need time to clean up and change, and I don't see any way you can reasonably expect to make a 9:00 PM dinner time with that shore excursion.

The room service menu is very, very good. And the late night buffet will be starting a little later, if that's not enough.

And thank You for letting me know that I could make the Announcement on the HAL Board as I'd promised:)

Oops, sorry Joanie :o. Me and my big mouth:D

Why the Oops??? I did not know the announcement had been made on the Indulgences page. You did ME a huge favor!! You mentioned it here and I was able to make the promised announcement on the Main Board:) All is Good my friend!!:)

Joanie

It must have happened overnight here in Australia - $20 pp. yesterday, the 1st August, but this morning, the 2nd August, it had gone up to $25.00 pp.

There wasn't any announcement that I noticed - it was just when I was looking to see how late reservations could be made for at the PG that I noticed the price increase.

Thanks for the tip off - I managed to get the 2 days that I really wanted at the lower price. I haven't checked yet but have any of the shore excursions or other indulgences increased in price?

It must have happened overnight here in Australia - $20 pp. yesterday, the 1st August, but this morning, the 2nd August, it had gone up to $25.00 pp.

There wasn't any announcement that I noticed - it was just when I was looking to see how late reservations could be made for at the PG that I noticed the price increase.

Thanks for the tip off - I managed to get the 2 days that I really wanted at the lower price. I haven't checked yet but have any of the shore excursions or other indulgences increased in price?

Hmmmm, that's a good question about Shore Excursions.... I have no idea if they've gone up or not as I did not save any of the e-brochures from before when I booked ours.

Since I booked our PG a few weeks ago, when I gave the email heads up, I've not been back to check the pprice increase, I think I figured someone would mention it or I'd get an email and be able to let ya'll know then:)

Joanie

I've just checked the shore excursions - none of the ones that I booked have increased in price, however, what I did notice is that some shore excursions are now wait-listing including the Juneau one that I booked ages ago. So I'm glad that I booked mine early.

I'm trying to work out if the liquor and wine packages have increased in price. I decided not to buy a wine package on-line because I didn't like the selection that was on offer. If I have time I'll buy wine to take on-board (though I'm not going to waste my 2 pre-cruise sight-seeing days in Vancouver looking for a liquor store!) otherwise I'll just buy wine by the bottle.

I'm trying to work out if the liquor and wine packages have increased in price. I decided not to buy a wine package on-line because I didn't like the selection that was on offer. If I have time I'll buy wine to take on-board (though I'm not going to waste my 2 pre-cruise sight-seeing days in Vancouver looking for a liquor store!) otherwise I'll just buy wine by the bottle.

Depending on which hotel you are staying at, there are many liquor stores in the downtown area, and one almost right across the street from the cruiseship terminal, at Harbour Centre (you go in on the Cordova Street entrance, it's right there on the ground floor).

Thanks startwin, that's on the way from our hotel. However, I've just discovered that Marquis Wine Cellars is in the same street as my hotel.

And they sell Penfolds Australian wines - I'm happy.

I'll only answer #3: we purchased 3 $100 OBC's and our itinerary only shows one icon for $100. The confirmation email shows "quantity 3" so I'm taking that along as proof.

I had the same issue with our beverage cards. Hal sent me the same email when I inquired so, we too will take our confirmation email as proof for this item.:)

When we arrived back late from an excursion, the dining room was open specifically for us. Perhaps it was the Lido Deck. I cannot remember, but I would suggest that you discuss this before you leave the ship and ask if gluten free foods will be available. The maitre'd should be able to arrange this for you.

Archived