LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

We have never gotten to know any of the CDs we've cruised with other then a hello as we pass, so really have no opinion one way or the other,,,, But I have got to know a few of the concierges,,, So my favorite would be Juan Diego, although I've heard he may no longer be with the fleet..:confused: Would any of you know ????

Last I heard, Juan Diego was still on Radiance, Georgina has left as she is expecting a baby in November, a little girl ;)...

"Brassiere 30" is an option in the main Rembrandt dining room available at lunchtime on sea days. This menu features "Brasserie 30", which is designed to allow guests to have a complete lunch in 30 minutes. Guests can order dishes which will be brought by the waiters and/or you can get things from a buffet. If it is the same as when we were onboard in May, the dining room is only open for 90 minutes from noon to 1:30 pm.

There is a description of Brasserie 30 here http://www.beyondships.com/RCI-LOS-Tour-6.html

Pete: You took the words out of my mouth!!!

Peter thank you, Kaye is handling the luncheons and is still awaiting word from RCL as to where they will host them and then make an announcment to the boards. I will copy the link you gave me and give that to her.

George, Welcome home, having our cruises paid for is always a great feeling.

Gay

Watching sky news and some horrific scenes in London. It's like something from the Blitz. The amount of youths running about with hoods and scarfs - do their parents not bother about where their children are.

Looting and setting properties on fire - really can't believe what I'm watching.

Watching sky news and some horrific scenes in London. It's like something from the Blitz. The amount of youths running about with hoods and scarfs - do their parents not bother about where their children are.

Looting and setting properties on fire - really can't believe what I'm watching.

Unfortunately we are getting reports of riots starting in several areas of London, especially friends on Facebook are reporting riots in their immediate area and another where their gay bar has been closed by police for their safety. There are also reports of trouble in Birmingham and rumours that it will spread to Manchester and Liverpool. This has happened before and it's all blamed on youngsters not being treated kindly by the Police and the government not providing them with activities to keep them amused. mmm, nothing to do with the fact that they are only interested in looting electrical goods, footwear and comitting arson for no good reason.

So, I have sat down at the desk top, put in all the info but can't print the Set Sail Pass. No logo appears to link into but it does say all the info is complete. Do we have to wait somehow? Other times I think it has printed off straight away.

I haven't seen much news lately but the radio reports of what is happening in London are horrible. John is watching the last cricket 20/20 quarter final, so may see some tv coverage when it finishes.

Corinne

So, I have sat down at the desk top, put in all the info but can't print the Set Sail Pass. No logo appears to link into but it does say all the info is complete. Do we have to wait somehow? Other times I think it has printed off straight away.

I haven't seen much news lately but the radio reports of what is happening in London are horrible. John is watching the last cricket 20/20 quarter final, so may see some tv coverage when it finishes.

Corinne

Hi Corinne, are you using Internet Explorer or another browser? You should see a layout like the attached with a print button under each passenger name in step 4.

Capture.JPG.66bf4b5a07b58ddcbf5c07b810be1f4b.JPG

We've seen tv coverage of the riots in London, between coverage of the US stock market. It does look horrible. Whats the reason for such anger? I think I saw something about the police killing someone but never fully understood the story.

Donna

We've seen tv coverage of the riots in London, between coverage of the US stock market. It does look horrible. Whats the reason for such anger? I think I saw something about the police killing someone but never fully understood the story.

Donna

Donna, a person was shot by Police the other day. When a firearm is used by Police here an investigation takes place immediately and this was underway when there was a silent protest by family members outside the local Police station on Saturday. This protest was 'hijacked' by criminals, looters and arsonists and they have then proceeded to wreck and loot the local area. Now riots are starting in other areas and 'events' inciting riots have started to appear on Facebook, including one for the city centre of Manchester. People are invited and more disturbingly people are saying they will attend to perform acts of violence. It is terrible.

Donna, a person was shot by Police the other day. When a firearm is used by Police here an investigation takes place immediately and this was underway when there was a silent protest by family members outside the local Police station on Saturday. This protest was 'hijacked' by criminals, looters and arsonists and they have then proceeded to wreck and loot the local area. Now riots are starting in other areas and 'events' inciting riots have started to appear on Facebook, including one for the city centre of Manchester. People are invited and more disturbingly people are saying they will attend to perform acts of violence. It is terrible.

Oh Peter.....This is awful!!!! Hoping for peaceful resolutions soon!

Peter, that's unbelieveably scary. Hard to fathom how folks think its okay to destroy. And hard to imagine how to restore peace. It sounds like the riots that were in the US in the 60s. You all over there, please stay safe. Lets hope that the upheavels dont make it to Manchester.

Donna

Apparently a 35 year old family business in Croydon has been destroyed by arsonists, riots are now happening in Clapham (classed as a no go area by the BBC), Ealing, Hackney, the list is growing.:mad:

Edited by peteukmcr

There is coverage online at BBC. What I saw was unreal. People openly bashing windows Others coming out of store windows with their loot. People throwing liquids at police. There appears to be no end in sight.

Again stay safe.

Amazing how quickley violence spreads....most of the riots are right around our neighborhood we grew up in....Ivor always likes to go back to visit the old neighborhood, not me, it is so run down and upsets me to see how bad it is...

GAY you had some intructions a little way back on some other ways of using this website,,,, could you repeat it for this novice...thanks.

With the Stock Market dropping so badly Ivor may have to continue to work FOREVER... Our stocks were just getting back to a healthy amount and now this...:eek:

I also want folks to know I love Kareokee and will sing solo, in a group, sober or otherwise, you will know where to find me and I have a strong ear for music so you ladies pick it and I am in!!

quote]

If asked I will deny this, but Jerry loves to do Kareokee. Me not at all since I am tone deaf or worse :eek:

So if someone asks Jerry to sing he will. In fact you don't even have to twist his arm. His job in life is to make people laugh. And since he lost his job last week, he better do well on this one and keep everyone in stitches.

Joyce

The only Pacsafe products I have found at T.J. Max was the camera strap.

I have looked in a few Marshalls and TJ's and haven't found any other products.

I guess I will end up ordering it online.

Final payment made a SetSail printed.

More depressing News on TV, Riots in London and other English Towns

Stock Market crash, National Debts, US Credit Downgrade :eek: I'm going to buy a wee cottage up in the North of Scotland away from the world and keep my money under the bed, no TV, Cell, Internet, sounds bliss but would miss my cruises.

Watching the news on tv and it's scary stuff....yesterday afternoon I went into our nearest shopping centre (Sherry, it was Ilford) Happily buzzing about in the mall, came out into the main road and there were police cars everywhere and tons of police "questioning" a large group of lads....all the shop-owners were standing in their doorways and some shops were closed/closing. I went into a shoe-shop and the assistant told me they were shutting as the police had warned them of impending trouble and advised me to go straight home....I didn't need telling twice....my sons that live in NW London (we are NE) heard of similar problems. George I might join you in your little cottage:(:eek::(

Sue

Have just been watching coverage on morning news. Looks appalling. What sort of people want to destroy buildings and not care whether anyone is trapped inside? I am afraid that the Social Media is fuelling it. While I love being able to chat online here there are downsides to modern technology.

Well I am off to Reading for a Spa day with my friend Lin. Use of the gym, pool, sauna, jacuzzi and steam room plus a 30 minute massage and 30 minute facial each. It was a Groupon offer for £49.00 for the two of us. Lovely. Will make sure we are well away from the city before the evening!

Corinne

Watching the news on tv and it's scary stuff....yesterday afternoon I went into our nearest shopping centre (Sherry' date=' it was Ilford) Happily buzzing about in the mall, came out into the main road and there were police cars everywhere and tons of police "questioning" a large group of lads....all the shop-owners were standing in their doorways and some shops were closed/closing. I went into a shoe-shop and the assistant told me they were shutting as the police had warned them of impending trouble and advised me to go straight home....I didn't need telling twice....my sons that live in NW London (we are NE) heard of similar problems. George I might join you in your little cottage:(:eek::([/size']

Sue

It's a real shame - some of the images we seen on tv - people behaving like animals. All these poor people losing their homes and businesses. What a lovely way of welcoming people to London for the Olympics, hopefully people see beyond this. Lock them all up and throw away the key. You stay safe.

Have just been watching coverage on morning news. Looks appalling. What sort of people want to destroy buildings and not care whether anyone is trapped inside? I am afraid that the Social Media is fuelling it. While I love being able to chat online here there are downsides to modern technology.

Well I am off to Reading for a Spa day with my friend Lin. Use of the gym, pool, sauna, jacuzzi and steam room plus a 30 minute massage and 30 minute facial each. It was a Groupon offer for £49.00 for the two of us. Lovely. Will make sure we are well away from the city before the evening!

Corinne

These offer spa days are great - you enjoy yourself Corinne, while I'm slaving away at work. lol

Mhairi

Sandy have a question, I just had a room change and a couple took 8644, yet I am showing friends of yours there so wish to verify they either cancelled or changed rooms, they are Jean & Lenny. Thanks.:)

Gay

Gay my friends cancelled..........:(

The riots are horrible.............I think the whole world sucks right now!!!

HEY GOOD MORNING/AFTERNOON all.................