LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Hi Mike: Nice to see you dropping by, don't be a stranger...

We are Jill & Dave from Indian Shores, on the West Coast of Florida...

This will be our first TA and first trip to Europe but our 3 time on Liberty...Did you say Cape Cod & Cosmos, Look forward to seeing you both in the CL :p...

Happy Friday everyone!!

PETER.....It's fun to see what everyone's music preferences are for dancing. Me? Give me the Motown sound from the '60s and I'll be on the floor making a total fool of myself. DH has some smooth moves though....;)

Thanks for all the congrats on my Weight Watchers goal. Sadly, this is not the first time I've hit goal, and no doubt, it won't be my last. BUT, it's all good for now and that's all I can worry about at this point.

MIKE.....It's great that you found us again.....especially since you were the one who invited all of us "refugees" over here in the first place. We are Karen & David from Maryland and this is our first TA. We've been to Europe many times over the years, and had planned a 2-1/2 week trip to France and Spain for this October. I decided it would be fun to use the TA as our transportation home. Fortunately, it didn't taken too much convincing for DH to get on board (no pun intended!) with the idea so that's how this all fell into place for us. We leave on Oct. 10th for Paris to start this great adventure! Getting so excited. This has been a wonderful RC board to be a part of. I have made lifelong friends here, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better over the next two months.

Morning......without you Mike and Bill we would never have found this great RC... so thanks again for letting us be a part of it.

Sue I will e-mail you .....

Off to the Gym then a little swim and sunbathe to keep the tans going...back later.

GM All,

Waking up to another Cloudy and Dreary day here along the beach.....For us in So Cal...It has been a Cool and Not so Warm / Hot weather summer...so far. September is coming and that is our usual hottest month of the year.

Like some of you.....I have started losing some of these excess pounds I have had for a while so last May 2011...I started riding my bicycle back and forth to work. Going to work is under 8 miles in the morning and coming home....I can take the Beach route and it is about 10 miles, the last 3 miles is along the beach so it make a great ride. So far, 21 lbs have come off and I still want to do about another 10-15 before we sail...just to put it back on I am sure. You will probably see me on the Flow Rider everyday....I have been telling everyone I will be Surfing across Europe and the Atlantic...Only On RCCL...Got to Love it. :)

On the disco front...like many of you.....We experiance usually the DJ plays what HE WANTS....so sometimes the crowd needs to take over. Both Bill and I have I-Pods with well over 1000 songs so I like to bring that with me and then I will ask the DJ for the FUN dance songs:) It usually works.....OK, we use to be big Disco Queens many moons ago but still like to shake it up. Off to work in a bit....I work 10:00 am to 6:30 pm M-F....then usually like tonight off to the desert for some Sun and heat.

I have yet to meet Gay so will look at contacting her this weekend to introduce ourselves. Have a great Friday and Happy Weekend to all.

Thanks again for the Warm Welcome back! :)

Mike

Edited by pscruzinboyz

Sue and Steve,

I was posting on the thread for our Jewel Repo from Boston to Tampa in 2012 and Loie (Beachcombers) said that she had quite a few cruise buddies on our LOST cruise, mentioning you two. She also mentioned Bette and Bill and Larry and Cherie. I have felt a little daunted by that thread as so many of the regulars all know each other from taking the Repo many times.

Hopefully they will welcome newbies to the Jewel club,

Corinne

I don't know many of those either but by the time we do this cruise plus the TA and Repo on Jewel I figure we should have lots of new friends. We plan a get-together on Liberty for those that will also be on the Jewel TA so maybe we should do one for those that will be on the Repo too. It's always easier to meet and visit with people in a smaller group rather than finding everyone at the M&M.

Thank goodness it's Fiday - seems to have been a really long week with non stop rain - I need sunshine, but would settle for just a dry day.

Off this weekend, had intended going away camping but have decided against that, so we're going to jump on the train through to Edinburgh for the Festival Fringe. Absolutely anything goes in Edinburgh during August.

Anyone else up to anything?

Mhairi

Mhairi, after a very busy week I have a relatively quiet weekend. Saturday morning, finish the housework before going to church to sing in the choir at a wedding. I normally only sing in the Worship Group (Contemporary music) but in August the people available from the usual choir is diminished due to holidays. We have a very pretty church in a semi-rural village so it is a popular venue.

Sunday, after doing the prayers in church I shall cook a joint of Pork for lunch and then spend time trying to learn my lines.

Anyone doing more exciting things?

Corinne

Good Evening All

Nothing exciting here really to report, we're off to one of the top theme parks in the UK tomorrow (Alton Towers) to get thrown around on the rides (we are theme park junkies).

I notice that there is a new reality talent show starting here in the UK in Sept - 'Showboaters'. 10 amateur entertainers battle it out to get a place in a cruise ships entertainment team. Filmed on Thomson Dream earlier this year when she was sailing the Caribbean. So, Matthew, do we see you auditioning?:D

11 weeks tonight we'll be in the W Barcelona - woo hoo! Get me to their Eclipse cocktail bar on the 26th floor!

Good afternoon/evening to all, my morning started off with answering emails about whose doing what and when for the activities, whewwwww, do I need a cruise.:).

Mike so nice to hear from you and we will be around all weekend, except for our breakfast at the Am Legion on Sunday. My sister lives in HB off Brookhurst.

Marilyn, I had printed new Business Cards to pass out to all our new friends to stay in touch with after this cruise. :)

Gay

Good Evening All

Nothing exciting here really to report, we're off to one of the top theme parks in the UK tomorrow (Alton Towers) to get thrown around on the rides (we are theme park junkies).

I notice that there is a new reality talent show starting here in the UK in Sept - 'Showboaters'. 10 amateur entertainers battle it out to get a place in a cruise ships entertainment team. Filmed on Thomson Dream earlier this year when she was sailing the Caribbean. So, Matthew, do we see you auditioning?:D

11 weeks tonight we'll be in the W Barcelona - woo hoo! Get me to their Eclipse cocktail bar on the 26th floor!

Peter I can honestly say NO No and NO again LOL I have however, the first couple of programs "UNIQUE" is the word that sprung to most of our minds LOL needles to say we managed to turn it round from the Thomson Nightmare back to Thomson Dream in time (just) for filming to start :D:D

Quiet weekend here working tomorrow morning then lunch and shopping in Manchester (if there are any shops left).

Hope everyone has a great weekend whatever there plans.

Edited by mancmatt26

Good Evening All

Peter have a GREAT time..........

Loved this

This letter was sent to the Lions Bay School Principal's office in West Vancouver after the school had sponsored a luncheon for seniors.

An elderly lady received a new radio at the lunch as a door raffle prize and was writing to say thank you.

This story is a credit to all humankind. Forward this to anyone you know who might need a lift today

Dear Lions Bay School ,

God bless you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent Senior Citizens luncheon. I am 87 years old and live at the West Vancouver

Home for the Aged. All of my family has passed away so I am all alone. I want to thank you for the kindness you have shown to a forgotten old lady.

My roommate is 95 and has always had her own radio; but, she would never let me listen to it. She said it belonged to her long dead

husband, and understandably, wanted to keep it safe.

The other day her radio fell off the nightstand and broke into a dozen pieces. It was awful and she was in tears. She asked if she could listen to mine, and

I was overjoyed that I could tell her to **** off.

Thank you for that wonderful opportunity.

God bless you all.

Sincerely,

Edna

Loved this

This letter was sent to the Lions Bay School Principal's office inWest Vancouver after the school had sponsored a luncheon for seniors.

An elderly lady received a new radio at the lunch as a door raffleprize and was writing to say thank you.

This story is a credit to all humankind. Forward this to anyone youknow who might need a lift today

Dear Lions Bay School ,

God bless you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent SeniorCitizens luncheon. I am 87 years old and live at the West Vancouver

Home for the Aged. All of my family has passed away so I am all alone.I want to thank you for the kindness you have shown to a forgotten oldlady.

My roommate is 95 and has always had her own radio; but, she wouldnever let me listen to it. She said it belonged to her long dead

husband, and understandably, wanted to keep it safe.

The other day her radio fell off the nightstand and broke into a dozenpieces. It was awful and she was in tears.She asked if she could listen to mine, and

I was overjoyed that Icould tell her to **** off.

Thank you for that wonderful opportunity.

God bless you all.

Sincerely,

Edna

THANKS George for a good laugh..............

Edited by samben

Another busy busy day....really excited about next week. My son has never been married and he is 47, never found the right one until now usually went out with bimbo's the barbie type and finally 'grew up'..Linda is truly perfect for him and he is sooooo happy and we are too.

Update on Kyle, they are letting him home on September 1st which is the best news better t han him having to go to Bakersfield, California so all good news...it is such a wonderful thing for him and his family...they will be returning with Jessica, their 2 year old Dean and the new baby Jaxon who will arrive on the 17th...

PETE we will be joining you too.... we are so glad we found this RC and you accepted us too.

Sherry, Good things come to those that wait. I was a little older than your son when I got married for the first time. Bob and I were together for 15 years before we got married. It was one of my Mom's happiest days. She thought she would never see me get married.

Again, fabulous news about Kyle.

GM All,

Waking up to another Cloudy and Dreary day here along the beach.....For us in So Cal...It has been a Cool and Not so Warm / Hot weather summer...so far. September is coming and that is our usual hottest month of the year.

Like some of you.....I have started losing some of these excess pounds I have had for a while so last May 2011...I started riding my bicycle back and forth to work. Going to work is under 8 miles in the morning and coming home....I can take the Beach route and it is about 10 miles, the last 3 miles is along the beach so it make a great ride. So far, 21 lbs have come off and I still want to do about another 10-15 before we sail...just to put it back on I am sure. You will probably see me on the Flow Rider everyday....I have been telling everyone I will be Surfing across Europe and the Atlantic...Only On RCCL...Got to Love it. :)

On the disco front...like many of you.....We experiance usually the DJ plays

what HE WANTS....so sometimes the crowd needs to take over. Both Bill and I have I-Pods with well over 1000 songs so I like to bring that with me and then I will ask the DJ for the FUN dance songs:) It usually works.....OK, we use to be big Disco Queens many moons ago but still like to shake it up. Off to work in a bit....I work 10:00 am to 6:30 pm M-F....then usually like tonight off to the desert for some Sun and heat.

I have yet to meet Gay so will look at contacting her this weekend to introduce ourselves. Have a great Friday and Happy Weekend to all.

Thanks again for the Warm Welcome back! :)

Mike

Mike, glad to see you back. I am Barb and traveling with two friends Margaret and Maryann. Most of our tours have to do with food and wine :D. I am also a diamond plus, but my friends are not so we decided to book a grand suite so they could get in the CL. So we will see you in there. Thank you for inviting us to join this board and glad to see you back.

Karen, great news on the weight loss, me still holding my own. Have been the same for the last few weeks.

Thanks Barb! Just hang in there....slow is good, as it is heading in the right direction. It took me 7 months to lose 13 lbs. That's about as slow as a person can go!:eek: BUT, I didn't care as it beat gaining. I had many weeks where I stayed the same or just lost .2 lbs. Now the trick will be to keep it off!:o

I was so excited this morning when Peter posted on FB that 11 weeks from today we will be boarding the ship. Whoo Hoooo!

Thanks Barb! Just hang in there....slow is good, as it is heading in the right direction. It took me 7 months to lose 13 lbs. That's about as slow as a person can go!:eek: BUT, I didn't care as it beat gaining. I had many weeks where I stayed the same or just lost .2 lbs. Now the trick will be to keep it off!:o

I was so excited this morning when Peter posted on FB that 11 weeks from today we will be boarding the ship. Whoo Hoooo!

Karen, thanks I told Bob I will hang in there, I didn't care how long it took. So far 5 months 10 lbs.

Saw Peter's message on FB, woohoo! 11 weeks from today!

Hi all, had a great day with the family in the Pool out here in the desert. Beautiful 106 degrees.....low 80's in the pool. Getting ready to enjoy Happy Hour in Downtown Palm Springs then back home for Carne Asada for dinner....Bill is THE COOK :) Hoping everybody is enjoying thier weekend! Going over to meet Gay and John tomorrow so looking forward to that. Have a great evening!

Mike

MIKE I was in the pool yesterday also around 105 degrees but sitting submerged somewhat on my floaty is was beautiful....

BARB that is amazing I can imagine how your mother felt with you finally tied the knot...good for you...we will be in your town on Tuesday for the Wedding on Wednesday so if you happen to be near the Hilton La Bella Wedding Chapel at 5pm Wednesday do stop by...we are also going back to his suite after for a champagne toast..