LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Good morning, Sandy thank you, I might have seen that they cancelled and forgot to remove them. This news of the rioting is terrible, along with our economy, I think I need to get on a ship and keep going.

Ruth I did fine a money belt for John at TJ's at a good price.

Gay

These offer spa days are great - you enjoy yourself Corinne, while I'm slaving away at work. lol

Mhairi

Mhairi, thanks, it was lovely and we had a late lunch by the river Thames watching the swans in the sunshine. The only problem was that loads of roads just to the north of the town are closed for roadworks for two days and we got horribly stuck in traffic jams trying to go round the diversion. To cap it all, the diversion took us over the tiver where there were further road works. Very clever!

Whereabouts are you? Your name on the top right doesn't show a place name. I just put England on mine when I started years ago. Probably should change it to be more specific, maybe Surrey.

Corinne

Corinne - hadn't noticed I had no location. We stay in Perth, glad you had a lovely day - I was still working away hard, tho.

Was listening to the radio on way home and the traffic news was never ending. London just seems a nightmare at the moment _ they're spending all this money on the re-developement of the East end and mindless idiots are wrecking everything.

I heard they've stopped the trams going into the centre of Manchester and there's been trouble in Salford and Wolverhampton - where's it all going to end.

Let's all just charter a ship and go on a round the world cruise.

Mhairi

Edited by kitten2729

Corinne - hadn't noticed I had no location. We stay in Perth, glad you had a lovely day - I was still working away hard, tho.

Was listening to the radio on way home and the traffic news was never ending. London just seems a nightmare at the moment _ they're spending all this money on the re-developement of the East end and mindless idiots are wrecking everything.

I heard they've stopped the trams going into the centre of Manchester and there's been trouble in Salford and Wolverhampton - where's it all going to end.

Let's all just charter a ship and go on a round the world cruise.

Mhairi

BOY it sounds horrible there.............U all stay SAFE!

Hi folks

A little concerned at the moment with the riots and the devastation being carried out by thugs in Manchester. A great many of the shops in the area have been vandalised and looted. People are actually being seen carrying TV's down the road!

Shops are on fire and Matthew is locked in a bar! He's OK but not allowed to move around yet. The public transport system has been severely affected with the tram system not entering the city centre.

The neighbouring city of Salford is also being vandalised too.

Now, as it's turned dark, more rioters are arriving into the city.

Peter, first thank you for checking in. I had heard a news headline that there was rioting in Manchester and just checked BBC to get more info. So glad that you all are safe. One thing did make me smile, only Matthew could end up getting locked into a bar!!! I should think he may take a while to live that down.

Stay safe.

Hi folks

A little concerned at the moment with the riots and the devastation being carried out by thugs in Manchester. A great many of the shops in the area have been vandalised and looted. People are actually being seen carrying TV's down the road!

Shops are on fire and Matthew is locked in a bar! He's OK but not allowed to move around yet. The public transport system has been severely affected with the tram system not entering the city centre.

Hope things calm down soon Peter, what area of Manchester do you and Patrick stay in? Is Matthew in a bar in the city centre? Stay safe.

George - I would have been watching out for you if I'd known you were heading to Broughty Ferry.;)

Peter, first thank you for checking in. I had heard a news headline that there was rioting in Manchester and just checked BBC to get more info. So glad that you all are safe. One thing did make me smile, only Matthew could end up getting locked into a bar!!! I should think he may take a while to live that down.

Stay safe.

Just concerned for Matthew as he's locked in a bar on Canal St and he's just posted on Facebook that the vandals have just started to go down there.

Hi folks

OMG!! That's awful, I heard they were bringing in a lot more police to the area! I love London, I hate to see all this happening.

Matthew is probably having a good time, there are worse things than being locked in a bar:) Take Care of yourselves.....

Hi folks

Peter this is terrible,, Here in 1964 and again in 1992 we had much of the same after the race riots and then the Rodney King beating .. The streets of Watts (Los Angeles) were terrorized, looted and burned.

This is scary stuff and can be a terrible waist of life and property ,,,, Please stay safe... Also I Hope Matthew makes it home safely.

Worried about the 3 Manchester boys. Pleez be careful Petah and Patrick, and let Matthew know I and everyone is worried about him, what with being locked in a bar. That could be a lot of peoples dream, right George. Bad toad that i am. Just everyone from the area in UK be safe, and run like H--L if you even hear the inkling of breaking glass or yelling.

Hope things calm down soon Peter, what area of Manchester do you and Patrick stay in? Is Matthew in a bar in the city centre? Stay safe.

George - I would have been watching out for you if I'd known you were heading to Broughty Ferry.;)

We now live 2 miles out of the city centre. Where we live was in the city centre and last night vehicles were set alight right outside our old apartment balcony.

We now live 2 miles out of the city centre. Where we live was in the city centre and last night vehicles were set alight right outside our old apartment balcony.

I really hope things calm down quickly and you all have a quiet and safe night.

Mhairi

Just found the new post because Gay posted something about our 3 Manchester guys on the other LOST thread. I didn't realize the thread moved. This is the 3rd thread to have closed that I am involved in. I found all 3 but I almost missed finding this one.

Please keep us posted on what is going on in England. I will be checking back in later tonight.

Darlene

Peter if you are contacted by Mattew please let him know we are all thinking of him.

We had this in Florida back in the late 70's or early 80's when a cop killed a black man. The whole neighborhood started a riot and then it spread through Miami.

What a waste of time and effort. What is wrong with these people now.

Joyce

Thank heaven Matthew is okay. He should be posting soon. Saw on Facebook he is home. I am so relieved as I am sure everyone here is.

Joyce

PS Now that you are home Matthew, A BAR....really!!!!!:D:D

Just to let you know I've heard from Matthew and he's home safely.

I can see my home city is wrecked by a few mindless thugs and that upsets me a great deal having suffered and experienced the devastation of the IRA bomb of June 1996.

Edited by peteukmcr

Good Morning all and thanks for all your thoughts. all I can say is I have never seen a bar on Canal street so busy on a Tuesday night I only went to meet Andy on my way home from work then we couldn't leave! However, I have often wondered what it would be like to be forced to stay in a bar (another one of my bucket list LOL) and it was good till they started on the bar next door and because we were in the nightclub below we could hear everything but thankfully GMP (Greater Manchester Police) and the bar staff & owner was great they got us all out and made sure we got home ok but we was down there for 5 hrs personally could think of worse ways to spend 5 hrs in a bar with boys,beer and free crisp LOL (and very cute boys at that) ;);) Andy can't get home as he lives in Salford (across the ship canal from me) so he's got to stay here as it's shut down but at least we safe thats the main thing :) I sooooo need a holiday after tonight only 80 days to go :D:D

Good chatting with you guys on facebook and keeping us up to date with the riots and glad you are all safe. I heard they are bringing in thugs by van into different areas.... they need to get the military in to take care of them.

This is so bad too for tourists too