A few questions about dining

I am trying to decide between traditional dining and mtd for an upcoming cruise aboard the Allure of the Seas.

1.What are the pros and cons to both?

2.Do they allow a request for a table for two for traditional dining or is this option only available for my time dining?

3. How are the shows set up and whats the recommended method or time to eating and seeing a show?

4. What is the designated time for early seating?

Thanks in advance!

One of the main advantages that I can see with MTD is a little more flexibility around scheduling for shows. What I did was to first schedule all the shows I wanted to see on Allure (6 I believe) and then try and reserve MTD times around those shows. That worked out quite well for me..but it really depends upon how soon you make reservations. If you do it as soon as possible you will have greater choices for times.

I think the main draw of traditional dining is HAVING tablemates that you get to know and look forward to dining with nightly.

If you'd rather eat alone, then MTD is for you. You can request a 2-top in traditional, but it's not a guarantee, and you'll be surrounded by larger tables having a great time!

One of the main advantages that I can see with MTD is a little more flexibility around scheduling for shows. What I did was to first schedule all the shows I wanted to see on Allure (6 I believe) and then try and reserve MTD times around those shows. That worked out quite well for me..but it really depends upon how soon you make reservations. If you do it as soon as possible you will have greater choices for times.

I'll echo that as well on Allure, we did get all the shows we wanted to see on Allure even with 2nd seating tradtional though.

As for table for 2, that is possible if you book your cruise on the phone with the telephone reps, its not offered when you book online (4 cruises booked that way) But if you do book online you can call a rep and make that request then. Keeping in mind its a request and what you actually get when you get there may change.

Archived