Wine and Dine Packages

colocop004

SO i was just reading the current edition of the Captain Club Newsletter and they have an article about Wine and Dine Packages. Are these new?

They state that you can purchase Couples packages or Individual Packages. The couples packages include 3 to 5 reservations and 3 to 5 bottles of wine, the Individual packages include 3 to 5 reservations and an assortment of non-alcoholic beverages. The article even states that the packages can be share between cruises?

Has any one seen these before? Does any one know the prices? Are they a good deal?

I know that we love to eat in the Specialty Restaurants and this may be there perfect way to save some money!!

On the Eclipse in May they were offering:

Couples

-------

Bacchus package - 5 dinners/5 bottles of wine for $399 per couple vs $502 if you'd booked it all separately. This was 2 Tuscan Grille / 2 Qsine / 1 Murano

Gourmand - 5 dinners/3 bottles of wine for $349 per couple vs $433 usual price. Same restaurant breakdown as above.

Savor package - 3 dinners/3 bottles of wine for $279 per couple vs $303 standard price. 1 dinner in each.

Individual

---------

Five dinner package - $129 per person vs $165 standard.

Three dinner package - $89 per person vs $100 standard.

These made no mention of non-alcoholic drinks, but they may have added those now.

Sounds like a good deal if you want to eat in them all / more than once. I'd booked a dinner in all 3 before we sailed, so the package would have been good.

So far it seems you can only book them on board rather than online. You save a bit versus booking the restaurants individually - a bit more percentage wise with the 5 vs. the 3 dinner package. Which restaurants are included in the packages are noted on Celebrity's website and you reportedly can not "substitute." For example, on Silhouette the 3-meal-package includes Qsine, Tuscan Grille and Murano (one meal each) but none at the Lawn Club Grill. Celebrity's website also lists what bottles of wine you can choose from if you do the dinner + wine package.

Don't like the fact that they don't post prices and if I'm correct, didn't I read somewhere on the boards that they plan on raising the prices in the specialty restaurants after 9/1?

We don't want to do Murano, been to many of those type places on board. But we definitely did want to do Tuscan at least 2 times and the Lawn Grill and Qsine. Maybe they should re-think allowing us to pick the 3 places? ;) I know it's easier for them to pick for you but I don't see many folks doing this. I know some of our friends won't do Murano again.:mad:

I think we'll try to book Tuscan and Qsine and the Grill prior to our cruise and then wait to get on board and see what happens.:)

IMHO - they are nickle and dimeing us and I'm not liking it. :mad: It's almost making it easier to go to an all inclusive. We do get the premium liquor packages but now, not so sure about these dining packages.

Oh well, to each his own.

Pat

Don't like the fact that they don't post prices and if I'm correct, didn't I read somewhere on the boards that they plan on raising the prices in the specialty restaurants after 9/1?

We don't want to do Murano, been to many of those type places on board. But we definitely did want to do Tuscan at least 2 times and the Lawn Grill and Qsine. Maybe they should re-think allowing us to pick the 3 places? ;) I know it's easier for them to pick for you but I don't see many folks doing this. I know some of our friends won't do Murano again.:mad:

I think we'll try to book Tuscan and Qsine and the Grill prior to our cruise and then wait to get on board and see what happens.:)

IMHO - they are nickle and dimeing us and I'm not liking it. :mad: It's almost making it easier to go to an all inclusive. We do get the premium liquor packages but now, not so sure about these dining packages.

Oh well, to each his own.

Pat

I have read the same thing about the Specialty Dining going up on 9/1. I wonder if it is to off set the cost of these packages.

I see that someone has post the prices of the packages and compared them to the price of booking them seperately and buying a bottle of wine. I wonder if these are the current prices or if they are what the new prices are? Also will the cost of the packages go up on 9/1 as well?

I love the Tuscan Grill and am very much looking forward to Qusine, I think that I will just book them before the proces go up as it does not appear that you can buy the Wine and Dine on-line...............

We do the premium liquor as well and I am thinking that buying the individual packages for the dining may be worth it..... hmmm so many decisions!!!

Also as a suite guest, we get a reservation for 2 included, so that helps a bit as well!!!icon11.gif

We usually book all the specialty restaurants beforehand just to get the times we want. On board we talk to one of the restaurant maitre 'd and they adjust the price to the 3-for. I think it's fairly common because you can't get the 3 meal deal online or on the phone. Just today I booked our 3 for the upcoming cruise and the phone person even said to make sure we did that.

SO i was just reading the current edition of the Captain Club Newsletter and they have an article about Wine and Dine Packages. Are these new?

They state that you can purchase Couples packages or Individual Packages. The couples packages include 3 to 5 reservations and 3 to 5 bottles of wine, the Individual packages include 3 to 5 reservations and an assortment of non-alcoholic beverages. The article even states that the packages can be share between cruises?

Has any one seen these before? Does any one know the prices? Are they a good deal?

I know that we love to eat in the Specialty Restaurants and this may be there perfect way to save some money!!

So in the most recent Celebrity News email (I rec'd mine on 7/15) it had the following comment:

"Reservations are taken onboard now and will be available for pre-cruise purchase starting in July." So I've been faithfully logging on to see if the pre-cruise purchase option was available yet. I haven't seen it yet. Anyone else???

On our mid June cruise on the Solstice, they offered and pitched those types of different packages to encourage using the speciality dining places for three or five nights. It was offered and priced as dinner only or as a wine-dinner combo package. We didn't do the wine package as those prices started to add up fairly high. It's hard to offer those packages in advance as the wine options will vary from ship to ship. We did the three nights for $79 per person. Worked well. Like all three of the speciality dining places on the Solstice.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. These postings are now at 26,102 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

So in the most recent Celebrity News email (I rec'd mine on 7/15) it had the following comment:

"Reservations are taken onboard now and will be available for pre-cruise purchase starting in July." So I've been faithfully logging on to see if the pre-cruise purchase option was available yet. I haven't seen it yet. Anyone else???

TO MACUSR,

The Multi-Packs for Specialty Dining (at least the Deal for 3 Dinners without wine which I am considering) was most certainly on Celebrity's Website earlier this summer (June or July when I was doing the bulk of my research for my upcoming cruise).

Then when Celebrity updated their website... mid July... a lot of stuff disappeared... some came back some didn't.

:confused:

Cheers!

Still no evident link to pre-booking the Wine & Dine Package. Sloop-John B - I got a later start on cruise planning so I hadn't fully explored the website until late June, which must have been after the website changes.

• 5 months later...

On the Eclipse in May they were offering:

[For] Couples [packages including wine:]

... Bacchus package - 5 dinners/5 bottles of wine for $399 per couple vs $502 if you'd booked it all separately. This was 2 Tuscan Grille / 2 Qsine / 1 Murano

... Gourmand package - 5 dinners/3 bottles of wine for $349 per couple vs $433 usual price. Same restaurant breakdown as above.

... Savor package - 3 dinners/3 bottles of wine for $279 per couple vs $303 standard price. 1 dinner in each.

[For Individuals [packages not including wine:]

... Five dinner package - $129 per person vs $165 standard.

... Three dinner package - $89 per person vs $100 standard.

Hello. Does anyone have an update on the above (May, 2011) "Wine and Dine Package" prices?

Also, do the prices for packages that include wine allow the guests to choose ANY (3 or 5) bottles from the lists that can be viewed at the "X" site?

Thanks, in advance.

We were on the Century last November. The Century has one specialty restaurant, Murano. They were offering the Bacchus, Gourmand and Savor packages. We purchased the Savor, and the price was $279.00. While the wine list for the Savor package was more limited than the complete Murano wine list, we still had no problems selecting appropriate wines for our dinners. Given the prices for the most expensive wines on the specialty restuarants, I suspect that the Bacchus and Gourmand wine lists also were similarly limited.

Hello. Does anyone have an update on the above (May, 2011) "Wine and Dine Package" prices?

Also, do the prices for packages that include wine allow the guests to choose ANY (3 or 5) bottles from the lists that can be viewed at the "X" site?

Thanks, in advance.

I posted this in another thread ...

We were on the Dec 12th sailing aboard the Silhouette. In the Celebrity Today "Daily Newsletter" you receive the night before, is the "Featured Today" insert that lists various specials including those for dining ... one day it would be 20% off Murano, another night it would be 20% off Qsine or Tuscan, another it would be 20% off Specialty Dining ... not every "night" though would a special dining offer be available.

There is a little Wine & Dine calendar available onboard that offered Couples "Wine & Dine" Packages ... here is a brief summary of what was offered on our sailing ...

• Bacchus Package - 5 Dinners / 5 Bottle of Wine ... Elegantly pair 5 breathtaking dinners with 5 bottles of our specially selected wines. Dine once in Murano, twice in Tuscan, once in Qsine and once in Lawn Club Grill and pair a bottle of wine with each experience" Package price: $399 per couple (Standard: $573 per couple). A savings of 30% or $174 per couple.
  • Gourmand - 5 Dinners / 3 Bottles of Wine ... $369 per couple ... savings of 24% or $119 per couple
  • Savor - 3 Dinners (Murano, Qsine and Tuscan) ... $299 per couple ... savings of 14% or $49 per couple

and Individual Dining Packages (NO WINE) ...

• Three dinner package (Murano, Qsine and Tuscan)... $99 per person - savings of 10% or $11 per person
  • Five dinner package (Murano, two in Tuscan, Qsine and Lawn Club Grill) ... $139 per person - savings of 23% or $41 per person ...

Hope this helps ...

We were on the Century last November. The Century has one specialty restaurant, Murano. They were offering the Bacchus, Gourmand and Savor packages. We purchased the Savor, and the price was $279.00.

We were on the Dec 12th sailing aboard the Silhouette. In the Celebrity Today "Daily Newsletter" you receive the night before, is the "Featured Today" insert that lists various specials including those for dining ... one day it would be 20% off Murano, another night it would be 20% off Qsine or Tuscan, another it would be 20% off Specialty Dining ... not every "night" though would a special dining offer be available. There is a little Wine & Dine calendar available onboard that offered Couples "Wine & Dine" Packages ... here is a brief summary of what was offered on our sailing ...

• Bacchus Package - 5 Dinners / 5 Bottle of Wine ... Elegantly pair 5 breathtaking dinners with 5 bottles of our specially selected wines. Dine once in Murano, twice in Tuscan, once in Qsine and once in Lawn Club Grill and pair a bottle of wine with each experience" Package price: $399 per couple (Standard: $573 per couple). A savings of 30% or $174 per couple.
  • Gourmand - 5 Dinners / 3 Bottles of Wine ... $369 per couple ... savings of 24% or $119 per couple
  • Savor - 3 Dinners (Murano, Qsine and Tuscan) ... $299 per couple ... savings of 14% or $49 per couple

and Individual Dining Packages (NO WINE) ...

• Three dinner package (Murano, Qsine and Tuscan)... $99 per person - savings of 10% or $11 per person
  • Five dinner package (Murano, two in Tuscan, Qsine and Lawn Club Grill) ... $139 per person - savings of 23% or $41 per person.

Many thanks to both of you for this outstanding information!

Dear "Northern Aurora," as you can see in the post by "FM," Celebrity must have jacked up their fees, just after you disembarked! Your Savor package is up from $279 to $299. The "no wine" packages are up $10 each. That's the way the cookie crumbles nowadays: inflation everywhere!

I have purchased speciality dining (savor pkg) pre-cruise and I am thinking of looking into buying into the "wine & dine" pkg once onboard. More "bang for my buck"....am I right?

Hello, Nancy.

Are you saying that you purchased a "no wine" Savor package (which does include a discount on each SR meal) ... but you are thinking of switching to a package that includes wine? If so, and if you do switch to a "wine-included" Savor package, then it appears that both your SR meals and their wine would be discounted.

There is yet another option for you, however ...

You can hold onto your current "no wine" SR package ... and you can add to it a completely separate wine package that can be used anywhere (MDR, SR, etc.).

Celebrity has two levels of "wine-only" packages, each of which can be subdivided three ways (according to the number of bottles chosen):

-- The "Classic" package consists of three, five, or seven bottles for 113.85 ... 189.75 ... or 263.35 (including service charge), which is an average of about 7.60 per glass (including service charge).

-- The "Premium" package consists of three, five, or seven bottles for 148.35 ... 247.25 ... or 343.85 (including service charge), which is an average of about 9.90 per glass (including service charge).

Each level of package has a list of about fifteen options from which to choose (sparkling, white, rose, and red being represented). All of the options are listed here:

-- Classic = http://www.celebritycruises.com/beverage/package/selections.do?consumerInterestId=14

-- Premium = http://www.celebritycruises.com/beverage/package/selections.do?consumerInterestId=13

Cheers!

For anyone who is interested, here (from the "X" site) is the list of wines from which you can make choices for the three "Wine and Dine" specialty-restaurant packages [savor (3 bottles); Gourmand (3 bottles); Bacchus (5 bottles)]

RED:

Barbera D’Alba, Alfredo Prunotto, Piedmont

Cabernet Sauvignon, Benziger, Sonoma, California

Chianti Classico, Tenuta Nozzole, Tuscany

Chateau Castera, Haut-Medoc, Bordeaux, France

Christian Moueix, St. Emillion, Bordeaux, France

Malbec, Renacer

Merlot, St. Francis, Sonoma, California

Pinot Noir, Byron, Santa Maria Valley, California

Pinot Noir, La Crema

Super Tuscan, Tenuta di Arceno, Prima Voce, Tuscany

Valpolicella Classico, Allegrini, Veneto

ROSE:

Bodegas Espana Autentica, Zeta, Priorat, Spain

WHITE:

Albarino, Paco and Lola, Rias Baxias, Spain

Chardonnay, Tenuta di Nozzole, Le Bruniche, Tuscany

Chardonnay, Sequoia Grove, Carneros, California

Chardonnay, Freemark Abbey, Napa Valley, California

Pinot Grigio, San’t Helena, Fantinel, Fruili

Pinot Blanc, Erath, Willamette Valley, Oregon

Pouilly-Fumé, Michel Redde, La Moynerie, Loire, France

Riesling, Selbach-Oster, Mosel, Germany

Riesling, J&H Selbach, Fish Label, Mosel, Germany

Sancerre, Michel Redde, Les Tuilieres, Loire, France

Sauvignon Blanc, Brancott, Marlborough, New Zealand

[Note that the above are different from the options in the "Premium" and "Classic" packages, listed in our previous message, which are not tied to specialty restaurant packages.]

I have purchased the premium alcohol pkg (PAK) and the speciality dining (savor).

My question is.....once I am on board should i take advantage of the "wine and dine" pkg ie 3 bottles of wine/3 sp. dinners....thinking that the wine would be an upgrade from the PAK (by the glass) with my speciality dinners including the discount for purchasing 3 speciality dinners.

Thanks

I have purchased speciality dining (savor pkg) pre-cruise and I am thinking of looking into buying into the "wine & dine" pkg once onboard.

More "bang for my buck"....am I right?

TIA for your feedback.

Nancy

How did you purchase the savor package pre-cruise! I did not think this was available for purchase until we were on board! I have reservation at all three specialty dining restaurants but not in a discount package. Just wondering how to get the discount on my reservations? Gary

Someone at Celebrity made a bit of a blunder that has probably caused some confusion (including, perhaps, on this thread).

There are five discount packages for specialty-restaurant [sR] dining.

There are three packages ... with wine ... for couples, and they are called ...

---- Savor (6 SR dinners [3 nights x 2 people] and 3 bottles of wine)

---- Gourmand (10 SR dinners [5 x 2] and 3 bottles of wine)

---- Bacchus (10 SR dinners [5 x 2] and 5 bottles of wine)

Then, there are two packages ... without wine ... for individual diners, and they are called ...

---- Savor (3 SR dinners)

---- Gourmand (5 SR dinners)

Celebrity's mistake was to use the same names ("Savor" and "Gourmand") for significantly different packages. In our opinion, the cruise line needs to come up with new names for the two packages that do not include wine. Here are some suggestions:

---- Delight

---- Indulge

---- Treasure

---- Connoisseur

---- Epicurean

---- Bon Vivant

---- Gourmet

Archived