TIPPING ON EXCURSIONS Carnival Legend

PATRIOTSRULE

We are going on a few excursions while at port in Belize,Cayman Islands. Cozemel etc. How much money should I expect to bring for tipping? We are going ziplining and cavetubing in Belize for example. Do we pay the drivers, plus our group tour operators separtely or do they share what they get from everyone. When we go on the snorkle and beach party traveling on the catamaran, can we give around 5-10 dollars for everyone to split or do we give each tour person a few bucks? I am bringing my two kids and wife.

We only tip if we feel the guide has gone "above and beyond" what we paid for. There's no need to tip each person individually...give the guide a couple of bucks and they can divide it up, if they want to.

Tipping is not a "must"....it's up to you and what kind of time you had!

Tipping is a very personal item. Many don't wish to comment on what they do. Others are comfortable talking about it. Personally, if we tip a ship's excursion personnel, it is usually only a couple of dollars.

If you read here, and on the Carnival board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

Not only will you learn a lot about Carnival, and your ship, but you will see that tipping is discussed A LOT! You will also see it can be a very hot topic.

We are going on a few excursions while at port in Belize,Cayman Islands. Cozemel etc. How much money should I expect to bring for tipping? We are going ziplining and cavetubing in Belize for example. Do we pay the drivers, plus our group tour operators separtely or do they share what they get from everyone. When we go on the snorkle and beach party traveling on the catamaran, can we give around 5-10 dollars for everyone to split or do we give each tour person a few bucks? I am bringing my two kids and wife.

I guess you're asking about tips when you purchase a single tour that goes to multiple attractions?

On anything like that I've been on, the tour guide/driver and attractions were separate. I would tip the driver/main guide at the end, and if warranted, the folks at the attractions as I go.

Recently I went on the Atlantis Submarine in Cozumel. They had a guide/organizer waiting on shore. She took us to one of their own boats with a small crew to shuttle us to the sub. Then the sub with a 2nd crew, and the ride back on a boat with a 3rd crew. I made one tip getting off the last boat. I'm sure they share the tips in that scenario.

As for how much? I've never seen a consensus here, so I go with my gut feeling. The better the guide, the bigger the the tip.

Archived