Several questions about next cruise certificates

petesweet

I've tried to search this on the Carnival website and also on Cruise Critic, but it's difficult because I don't know the actual term used by Carnival. I'm mostly familiar with Royal Caribbean.

DH and I are having to limit our cruising in the future to (1) smaller ships that are (2) within reasonable driving distance. That means the Fantasy out of Charleston. (This is after my girls' cruise on the Oasis!:D)

When DH and I go in November, I will consider purchasing what might be called a "Next Cruise Certificate" or something like that. Questions:

1. Cost?

2. Benefits?

3. Can I get THREE for three cabins and our family members enjoy the same benefits? (RCCL has Friends and Family benefits.)

4. What happens if we have to cancel the cruise to which we had applied said certificate?

Many thanks for your help. I am having to learn everything about Carnival. While we have cruised three times on the Fantasy in years past, it was before I ever did any kind of research on cruises.

Kathy

I've tried to search this on the Carnival website and also on Cruise Critic, but it's difficult because I don't know the actual term used by Carnival. I'm mostly familiar with Royal Caribbean.

DH and I are having to limit our cruising in the future to (1) smaller ships that are (2) within reasonable driving distance. That means the Fantasy out of Charleston. (This is after my girls' cruise on the Oasis!:D)

When DH and I go in November, I will consider purchasing what might be called a "Next Cruise Certificate" or something like that. Questions:

1. Cost?

2. Benefits?

3. Can I get THREE for three cabins and our family members enjoy the same benefits? (RCCL has Friends and Family benefits.)

4. What happens if we have to cancel the cruise to which we had applied said certificate?

Many thanks for your help. I am having to learn everything about Carnival. While we have cruised three times on the Fantasy in years past, it was before I ever did any kind of research on cruises.

Kathy

100.00 each good for a future cruise per cabin booked....they are used towards your deposit so you get 100.00 onboard credit for free. Not sure about if you cancel because you have to mail in the certificates. So if you bought 3 you could use them all on one cruise for 3 cabins! Hope this helps. For cruise's of 7 days or more this is what you get....shorter cruise's i believe its 50.00 onboard credit. So the longer cruise the better payout on your investment!

1. Cost?

2. Benefits?

Kathy

1. $100

2. On a future cruise, get $100 back and an onboard credit that varies with the length of the cruise. It is $100 OBC on a 7 day cruise

3. You can buy as many as you want. We bought 6 the first time. You can't buy for anyone that is not on the cruise. If you book a cruise on the cruise, two more friends can get the same deal.

4. If you cancel the cruise, you get the certificate back to use on another cruise

They are called a Future Cruise Certificate (or Future Cruise Voucher) but I don't *think* you can use them toward your DEPOSIT on a future cruise. I believe you have to pay your deposit and use the certificate/voucher toward the balance.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

They are not good for deposit - only payment. You can only use 1 per cabin. You can not 'gift' them to someone else. The person whose name is on the certificate has to be in the cabin. Onboard credit varies according to the length of the cruise. We always have at least one on hand.

I wish Carnival would copy the NCL model..

NCL lets you buy the future credit for $250, but they give you $100 obc to be used on your current cruise, so the cost is really just $150. You can buy up to 4 and they are good for a deposit for up to 4 years.

Ya. I bought a NCL certificate off of ebay that was transferable which i used to book a cruise during one of their promotions. It helps when i dont have the extra money for the full deposit

Back on topic, carnival certificates expire 2 years (or 4 if you can get an old certificate). They are refundable.

OP is talking about Fantasy.. OP the only way to get the two friends and family is if you book onboard. You cannot buy 3 of them and get them applied to the other two cabins that way. Has to be a onboard booking.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

On Board Credit Offer

• $50.00 per stateroom on a 3/4/5 day cruise

• $75.00 per stateroom on a 6-day cruise

• $100.00 per stateroom on a 7-9 day cruise

• $200.00 per stateroom on 12 day or longer cruises

Single occupancy receive half of the on board credit

• 2 weeks later...
If you buy while on a cruise can you apply them to another cruise that is already booked in the future.

I have done this earlier this year.

Tried it again just recently and it was rejected.

Does anyone else have any experience with this lately????:confused:

I have done this earlier this year.

Tried it again just recently and it was rejected.

Does anyone else have any experience with this lately????:confused:

UPDATE....

I went in and re-requested. It was initially denied but when I questioned it. They allowed me to apply the Certificate to a previously booked cruise. ;)

They also allowed me to use a second certificate on my daughter and her friends cabin that I am paying for 100% on my card.:D

UPDATE....

I went in and re-requested. It was initially denied but when I questioned it. They allowed me to apply the Certificate to a previously booked cruise. ;)

They also allowed me to use a second certificate on my daughter and her friends cabin that I am paying for 100% on my card.:D

lol, they have been breaking almost all the rules they set lately.

thats a good one, that they accepted a FCC you bought in your name for your daughters cabin.

the new mantra is going to be ask and ask again until you get it.

A PVP can apply the certificate. All you have to do is call and give them the certificate number.

ALSO, if anyone is still reading this thread, you can't use your S&S account or cash to pay for a future cruise certificate. It is purchased separately and must be purchased with a credit card. Someone posted the other day in another thread that they were going to buy a certificate with OBC. Unless they've changed the rules, you can't do that.

A PVP can apply the certificate. All you have to do is call and give them the certificate number.

ALSO, if anyone is still reading this thread, you can't use your S&S account or cash to pay for a future cruise certificate. It is purchased separately and must be purchased with a credit card. Someone posted the other day in another thread that they were going to buy a certificate with OBC. Unless they've changed the rules, you can't do that.

Your PVP may do it as a courtesy. They must have someone in special promotions take care of this as thats the department that posts the non-refundable OBC and credits the amount back to your card or your final payment.

You are very correct and it is worth noting that they charge your Credit card for the certificates as a separate transaction.

So I was just reading the fine print and was planning on booking my next cruise on the Victory , but it says they don't do that , so I guess you get shafted out of the the OBC :confused::confused:

?? Not sure I understand your question. :confused:

Your PVP may do it as a courtesy. They must have someone in special promotions take care of this as thats the department that posts the non-refundable OBC and credits the amount back to your card or your final payment.

You are very correct and it is worth noting that they charge your Credit card for the certificates as a separate transaction.

Correction!!!

If you are using one when you are booking a PVP can apply it. Sorry to have mis-informed!!!

Archived