Transfer from Civ to FCO

asmody

We're docking in Port of Rome at 7am on September 30, and our flight is at 5:15pm from FCO, so we have plenty of time to make transfer to the airport, and we have the use of a lounge. Any recommendations on a transfer service to use? There are many choices, and a personal recommendation would be appreciated. Don't really care if it's a private car or a van sharing service. Seabourn web site says you can make transfer arrangements on board, but don't want to leave it that late and get locked into a high priced service.

We're docking in Port of Rome at 7am on September 30, and our flight is at 5:15pm from FCO, so we have plenty of time to make transfer to the airport, and we have the use of a lounge. Any recommendations on a transfer service to use? There are many choices, and a personal recommendation would be appreciated. Don't really care if it's a private car or a van sharing service. Seabourn web site says you can make transfer arrangements on board, but don't want to leave it that late and get locked into a high priced service.

Highly recommended:

http://www.romecabs.com

owned by a top professional, Stefano.

I used www.taxi-airport-transfers.com and was extremely satisfied. You can get a quote on-line and book ahead but you pay the driver on complete satisfaction. The driver was on time, courteous and most helpful to us. (One of us in a wheelchair). He helped us with our luggage to the check in desk.

I think that Seabourn will also provide a van/bus shuttle to the airport, which will cost less than a private transfer. I use Sstefano at Romecabs.com. You could also build in some sightseeing time on the way, if you want, or a nice lunch.

I doubt if Seabourn's transfer would be much less than booking your own, and you could leave at 9.30 (or possibly a bit later, though they do like you to be off the ship by 9.30) if you book one of these private firms, and as it only takes maximum an hour to FCO you could perhaps stop off somewhere en route - however, if you have lounge access this would be reasonably relaxing before your rather late flight. The SB transfer could well be well before 9.30.

I think that Seabourn will also provide a van/bus shuttle to the airport, which will cost less than a private transfer. I use Sstefano at Romecabs.com. You could also build in some sightseeing time on the way, if you want, or a nice lunch.

Just disembarked at Civitavecchia last Friday. Seabourn charged $112 per person for a seat in a coach. The coach was canceled due to lack of interest. Passengers who had signed up for that option were then asked to pay about $164 each, and they shared a van with three others guests. I'll see if I kept the complete Seabourn Civitavecchia transfer list - you won't believe the lofty prices.

Another option was a six-hour coach tour ending at either FCO Airport or the Excelsior Hotel for $199 per person.

The average price for independently booked transfers is about €130 for two people (about $185 at today's poor rate of exchange). Therefore, I highly recommend you arrange the transfer on your own!

• 1 month later...

Transportation in Rome is a highly developed racket. Our travel agent arranged a van from FCO to Civ, and for 4 of us with luggage it was around $280. For the return, we didn't prearrange so inquired with Seabourn. The coach was available but we had an early flight to Paris and the best we could do for a van for the 4 of us was around $500. We were on vacation so what the hell but, really? Our cost to get from Orly to St. Germain in Paris for 4 of us was 45 Euros

Archived