Things are not all Happy in Nevis!!

wv4891

CNN reported that it was a "gay/nudist" cruise that was refused dockage. Pretty silly to me, but who knows why people do most things. Apparently the people of Nevis do not believe that the $$$ of these cruisers was worthwhile. I wonder if they considered the backlash? Probably not.

Remember, when you are away from the USA you must abide by the law of the land, ..... you may not like it but you cannot do anything about it!! Oh Well!

I doubt it is the law of the land that a gay person cannot visit Nevis. Do they do a compulsory check on your sexuality as you get off the cruise ship or at the airport? One wonders what they are expecting to happen to their innocent citizens. Maybe its the fact that there are 100 or so people. Well most large cruise ships are going to have 100 gay men and women amongst their passengers and crew.

The truth is it is simple plain old prejudice and ignorance and I urge Windjammer to kick up as big a fuss as possible. Although I do not rate this small piece of Caribbean stupidity as anything too serious on the scale of denial of human rights, it is none the less one. Eventually, it will be obvious to the person who made the decision in Nevis that the real law of the land is "economics" and with less visitors that law will prevail.

The only thing really important in life is the mightly dollar. If economic concerns are at stake they trump anything and everything. They will see the error in their ways soon and will have a gay festival in the future to celebrate nudity and all forms of humanism. Lets hear it for the future wisdom of these ignorate people. Until they agree with all the enlightened intelligent among us we should ban them and their island!!!!! Hip Hip Hooraaaaa!!!!!

I didn't read every article on the issue, but my take on it was that since it was a nudity cruise, that is what the Nevis/St. Kitts. The "gay" aspect, I will assume (perhaps naively), is not an issue.

Bill

I didn't read every article on the issue, but my take on it was that since it was a nudity cruise, that is what the Nevis/St. Kitts. The "gay" aspect, I will assume (perhaps naively), is not an issue.

Bill

You are probably completely correct. whether we agree or do not agree I have to give them credit for standing up to their beliefs and not bending to the almightly dollar... NMnita

Archived