Beverage package - wine selection.

maidncruze

We are sailing on the Celebrity Solstice out of Barcelona next Friday. I am curious if in the past anyone has purchased the beverage package? More specifically the wine selection. Included in the premium beverage package is wine by the glass. I am curious if they have a decent selection of wines to choose from or is it limited to just a couple of wines.

I called Celebrity and they really couldn't give me an answer.

Thanks.

We are sailing on the Celebrity Solstice out of Barcelona next Friday. I am curious if in the past anyone has purchased the beverage package? More specifically the wine selection. Included in the premium beverage package is wine by the glass. I am curious if they have a decent selection of wines to choose from or is it limited to just a couple of wines.

Thanks.

Yes, you'd be better off asking this question on the Celebrity board. I just returned from the Solstice AND bought the premium package and I can say it ROCKED!:D The selection was amazing.

But again... there is a lot of this chatter over on the Celebrity boards.

Thanks.

Hi. We purchased the premium package on the eclipse in May and there was a really good selection of wine available. If you go to cellar masters wine bar you will have to pay more. We have bought the package again for November.

We've done the premium package on the Equinox twice, and it was awesome! There was a reasonable selection of wines by the glass, so we never missed ordering by the bottle. They say that you are limited to wines up to $12 (maybe $13) per glass, and you can definitely find something decent. I tend to stick to Italian reds, and there were definitely a couple in the price range. We got my daughter the non-premium package on the first sailing, and that package is limited to $8/glass. The wine stewards on both sailings were great about refilling and not necessarily worrying until you finished a glass in order to get a second glass. They ask for your cruise card at the beginning - I actually want to say that they only asked for ours on the first night.

For other drinks, if you like to have a few cocktails, the packages are well worth it. We do tend to drink more on vacation than at home, and it was soooo nice not having to sign for a drink every time and have those pesky little receipts pile up.

Archived