Elite wine tasting coupon

JenT412

Are the names printed on the coupons? We are going on a cruise with my parents (who are Elite customers) and my father doesn't drink so I was curious if this would be something I could go to with my mom. I am not at Elite status yet.

They ask for your cabin number and name when you get to the door and check their list. We wear our black cards on a lanyard, so nobody has to see them. I would bet anything that if your mom spoke to the MD at the door and said her husband couldn't make it and could her daughter come in instead, that he would say yes. Doesn't hurt to try.

I'm not really a wine drinker but an Elite. I've gone to a few of these because they are free for me and found them enjoyable. You're really only getting a small taste of each wine, not a big glass. It is kind of fun and the glass they give you makes a nice souvenir.

Like someone else mentioned I'd tell the truth at the door if asked and since you're family I'd bet they let you in.

We have just shown our black cards and been taken right inside. Don't think we have had room numbers checked in a long time. Different ships do it different ways would be a guess.

As you said, it's another one of those things that can vary from ship to ship & even from employee to employee. On the Sapphire in May they diligently checked names against their list but as Pia said I don't see why you couldn't replace your dad if you asked nicely & you had a considerate employee controlling admission to the wine tasting.

We are Elite - my DH doesn't drink, so I take a friend and bring his black card, just in case, but it has been no problem at all. They ask for the room number, check off 2 people and seat us..

So don't sweat it - just bring the 2 black cards....they check off the room, not specifically the names....

Enjoy - I am not a big drinker, but like hearing the history of wine and collect the souvenir shot glass....

We are Elite - my DH doesn't drink, so I take a friend and bring his black card, just in case, but it has been no problem at all. They ask for the room number, check off 2 people and seat us..

So don't sweat it - just bring the 2 black cards....they check off the room, not specifically the names....

Enjoy - I am not a big drinker, but like hearing the history of wine and collect the souvenir shot glass....

Not always based on my recent experience which hopefully was the exception & not the rule. It shouldn't matter to those checking however some can be more strict than others so I wouldn't assume anything. It's definitely worth a try but it's not always the case...it wasn't for me on the Sapphire in May. ;)

Are the names printed on the coupons? We are going on a cruise with my parents (who are Elite customers) and my father doesn't drink so I was curious if this would be something I could go to with my mom. I am not at Elite status yet.

Jen

We are Elite and my husband won't go to the wine tastings anymore. I still think they're fun so have taken a friend instead of him several times! I've always asked/told our Head Waiter in advance so my friend wouldn't be embarrassed at the door by a refusal but it's never been a problem. I don't bring my husband's black card but do try to remember to bring both "invitations".

Have fun with your mom!

Archived