Oasis Question

This is my first time going on the Oasis ( or Royal Caribbean for that matter), and I'm going with my fiancee and my best friend and I want to make this trip special for them. Are there any must do's (including food) that I shouldn't miss out on, and when should I do them?

On St. Thomas, we snorkeled in Coki Point Beach and it was beautiful! In St. Maarten, MUST DO: Maho Beach! Write that one down! UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE for any age! Planes land almost on your head!

Check this video out:

There are taxis in the port that take you there. The ride is about half an hour.

I think St. Thomas is a great place to take a guided tour. There are so many look out points w/ bars and shops. I've never been to Megan's bay there, but it sure looks gorgeous from way up above!! One time there we took the ferry over to St. John-beaches there are absolutely amazing and the island as a whole is quieter and less touristy.

I've been to St. Martin 4x's and have done the same exact thing every time!!! We go to Orient Beach (section of it is clothing optional, but I've never seen more than a few here and there) and then we head back to the shopping near the port and walk back to the ship from there (about 15-20 min walk) There are also water taxi's that were fairly inexpensive if you don't want the walk. My family was just back there this past spring and said that Maho beach is MUCH smaller now due to storms/erosion. However, I've heard that this place is a blast (literally:p) just like what the pp said. That sounds like a fun day...I've always shied away because the larger planes are in the afternoon and I've heard traffic can be horrendous in St. Martin in the afternoon getting back to the ship. Obviously others have done it so I think I'm just being a nervous nelly :o

We did nothing but walk around a bit in the Bahamas. Some in our group booked a tour through the ship that took them to a nearby small island for snorkeling/beach day. They liked it and it was only around $35 through the ship.

You should go to Ports of Call board and you will find lots of good recommendations for excursions. This has been extremely helpful for me in the past and after 10 or so cruises the CC posters have never lead me wrong. You save money and also have a less crowded more pleasent day.

I've always shied away because the larger planes are in the afternoon and I've heard traffic can be horrendous in St. Martin in the afternoon getting back to the ship. Obviously others have done it so I think I'm just being a nervous nelly :o

If you're nervous of the planes, dont be, if you're afraid of the traffic, BE TERRIFIED! :p We left Maho Beach 2 hours before the ship set sail and were one of the last people to board the ship! To get us and the other 10 people in the bus back in time, the driver drove in the other side of the road half the time to skip all the traffic! It was quite an experience. And the police allowed him to do so! We passed tons of cops on the way back to port, they barely noticed. There were other people who stayed at the beach longer, who probably missed the ship had to catch a flight home. At least they were right by the airport!

On St. Thomas, we snorkeled in Coki Point Beach and it was beautiful! In St. Maarten, MUST DO: Maho Beach! Write that one down! UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE for any age! Planes land almost on your head!

Check this video out:

There are taxis in the port that take you there. The ride is about half an hour.

Some people just don't get it, but I looked forward to this and loved it. Just wish we could have been there longer.

Check this video out:

OH MY GOD!!! That looks terrifying... We are so going :D. Thanks for the advice

Archived