The Tale of the Accidental Guarantee

JimandStan

We booked early on the Riviera Maiden Voyage, but when Oceania changed the sailing date from 4/14 to 4/24, there could not be a cabin to cabin shift of reservations, because other passengers had already booked space on the later voyage.

The good news is that Oceania is being very generous about reimbursing us for expenses incurred on the basis of the changed date, and there is a $250 per person On-Board-Credit to recompense us for our trouble.

On the downside, when they moved us over, the marvelous, aft facing Penthouse that we had so carefully cherry picked was not available. We were shifted into similar accommodations a few doors down.

This put us into an odd position, because if we had not been able to book that particular penthouse, we would never have booked a cabin in the penthouse category at all , and by this time all of the OVO Suites were already waitlisted.

Amazingly, just as we were mulling over our "Penthouse Guarantee" options (should we give up the larger, sunnier veranda, aft on deck 7, and try to get something closer to the Suite Lounge?), one of our amazing Cruise Critic buddies (Thanks Cenia!) shot us a midnight email saying that 7135 was showing as available again.

By 8:35 AM, the next morning, we were back in our original, fabulous cabin once again. :D

141159.jpg

Now, if Oceania would only add a little more in the way of Patio furniture, life would be perfect.

An aft facing window might be fun too, but I wont hold my breath. :p

Glad to read it all is working out so well for you on this issue, Jim. It must be a horrendous cabin jigsaw puzzle for Oceania to figure out to accomodate both lists of passengers.

Also glad to hear that yorkiemom Judy is happy with her new digs!:)

I am very jealous of your disembarkation port of Istanbul; as you both know, I am a huge fan of this gorgeous city. Also the Istanbul forum of sister website tripadvisor has some lovely and helpful contributors (and I do not mean me!:D)

Thanks Pam-

I must tell you, however, that it just wont be the same to be in the Med. without you and Gerry

Can't we get you to reconsider sailing with us?

Remember what a marvelous time we had at the Hypogeum ?

Well, we could do it all again, Eastern style ;)

Thanks Pam-

I must tell you, however, that it just wont be the same to be in the Med. without you and Gerry

Can't we get you to reconsider sailing with us?

Remember what a marvelous time we had at the Hypogeum ?

Well, we could do it all again, Eastern style ;)

Yes, Pam, I wish you guys were coming, too.:(

Archived