Where do you think the new ships will sail?

Planmaam

So where do you think the new ships will be sailing. I know there are a lot of you who look at the itineraries of ships way into the future, so know where each ship will be when. Therefore do you have any educated guesses as to where they will put the new ships into service?

If i have to hazard a guess I'd say one will do a split Iten Much like the epic is doing now and one will be perm. on station @ homeport Miami. At that time the Epic will most prob. be shifted to another home port (Poss. NY or LA??)

Bill(DrFootball)

(" Some folks say it's a Flyin Racecar with Guns but that's BS. It isn't that simple...the most important piece of equipment on this helicopter is your Brain"-Tommy Lee Jones(as Master Chief Warrant Officer Brad Little) to Nicolas Cage(as Chief Warrant Officer Jake Preston) in the movie "FIREBIRDS" 1991...)

I was just thinking this the other day. As someone that lives in Miami, I would like to have one of the new ships here. I would also hate to see Epic leave. The Epic is a carribean ship because of the water park, etc.

One surprise is how well Epic is doing in Europe. I remember talking to Epic workers thinking the ship would tank in Europe. But surprisingly the reviews here on CC have been outstanding and better than the American reviews. I want to sail Epic again but I wont fly somewhere to sail her. I want to just hop in a taxi ;)

The new ship sales start in just 2 months.

Let the madness begin ;)

So where do you think the new ships will be sailing. I know there are a lot of you who look at the itineraries of ships way into the future' date=' so know where each ship will be when. Therefore do you have any educated guesses as to where they will put the new ships into service?[/quote']

Where ever the most lucrative markets are at the time they go into service. I know that's not much of an answer, but look at what's going on right now, with many cruise lines (including NCL) pulling out of summer Caribbean service and going to Europe.

I think they'll put the ships wherever they feel the economy is the strongest, and will provide them with the largest pool of potential customers who have discretionary income to spend.

I was just thinking this the other day. As someone that lives in Miami, I would like to have one of the new ships here. I would also hate to see Epic leave. The Epic is a carribean ship because of the water park, etc.

One surprise is how well Epic is doing in Europe. I remember talking to Epic workers thinking the ship would tank in Europe. But surprisingly the reviews here on CC have been outstanding and better than the American reviews. I want to sail Epic again but I wont fly somewhere to sail her. I want to just hop in a taxi ;)

Let the madness begin ;)

I'm not surprised the Epic does well in Europe. It always struck me as a ship designed around European tastes and cultural norms. When we cruised on it shortly after it debuted in the U.S., we didn't think it would do very well in this country, and the responses from many U.S. cruisers seemed to support that belief.

I think that there there needs to be an Antartica cruise :p (it's 107 here right now)

Where ever the most lucrative markets are at the time they go into service. I know that's not much of an answer, but look at what's going on right now, with many cruise lines (including NCL) pulling out of summer Caribbean service and going to Europe.

I think they'll put the ships wherever they feel the economy is the strongest, and will provide them with the largest pool of potential customers who have discretionary income to spend.

That has more to do with hurricane season than the heat.

So where do you think the new ships will be sailing. I know there are a lot of you who look at the itineraries of ships way into the future' date=' so know where each ship will be when. Therefore do you have any educated guesses as to where they will put the new ships into service?[/quote']

I hate to be incorrect, so I'll venture a guess......The Ocean!:D

Seriously, with the world economy the way it is, I'm sure NCL will put them where the money is, Europe, Alaska and the Caribbean, wherever the bucks are.;)

Let the madness begin ;)

what date do the new ship sales deposits start?

I don't know a thing about the new ships, but I wish they would put an itinerary in (purely for selfish reasons) that would sail round trip from Seattle to Mexico. There are several places to stop in CA and a few in northern MX. Make it a 10-14 day. I would be thrilled!

Interesting information. I love hearing all the theories/facts. I was pleased to hear that deposits will start in about two months for the new ships! Will they post itineraries, or will they just start with the TA to get them to this country, or wherever their home port may be? Certainly they would have to let you know where the destination will be. I'm new to watching for this information; I did see the Epic emerging, but didn't get too caught up in it to search out information. And I remember when the Pearl was new.........

I, too was sad to see NCL leaving the West Coast save for Alaska, and agree that something more offered there would be nice. It seems to me that their concentration now is Northeast and Florida.

I have noticed that some ships itineraries do not go beyond early 2012, while others are mid 2013. Do you think this is because they will be repositioning some of those ships with the emergence of the two new ones? It has made me wonder.

So now, what are your predictions for some of the existing ships?

We'd love anything embarking from the West Coast...LA, SF, Seattle would all be possibilites. Preferably LONGER cruises...perhaps to Australia or South Pacific....or South America.

Maybe it will go to South Florida and one of the ships there will move to LA/SD. Options out here are drying up for sure. I also would not mind a trip from SD up the coast to Vancouver, stopping in Catalina, SFO and Seattle

Personally, I think one will sail Caribbean and the other out of NY on longer trips (like 10 days)

Perhaps they will put another ship in Alaska - they have two now because of the head tax on cruise ship passengers. I have heard that it was either reduced or totally lifted when cruise ships started pulling out. However I suspect that they might get back into the West coast - Mexico routes.

Otherwise they will simply follow the money.

Perhaps they will put another ship in Alaska - they have two now because of the head tax on cruise ship passengers. I have heard that it was either reduced or totally lifted when cruise ships started pulling out. However I suspect that they might get back into the West coast - Mexico routes.

Otherwise they will simply follow the money.

If they used one of the older ships to do East coast(NY)/S/Carib./Panama Canal Transit/ With a final stop in Cali or Seattle...like a 14-17 day...:D

Bill(DrFootball)

("there are Pilots, then there are ARMY pilots…")

If i have to hazard a guess I'd say one will do a split Iten Much like the epic is doing now and one will be perm. on station @ homeport Miami. At that time the Epic will most prob. be shifted to another home port (Poss. NY or LA??)

Bill(DrFootball)

(" Some folks say it's a Flyin Racecar with Guns but that's BS. It isn't that simple...the most important piece of equipment on this helicopter is your Brain"-Tommy Lee Jones(as Master Chief Warrant Officer Brad Little) to Nicolas Cage(as Chief Warrant Officer Jake Preston) in the movie "FIREBIRDS" 1991...)

Won't be LA. Can't fit through the Canal till after 2014-15. Ship is too big

After reading these posts, I finally came upon my favorite....Ireland !!!!!!! I'm with you guys. I would love the british isles. On my past few NCL cruises, I've put the bug in as many ears that would tolerate me, that they need to do Ireland (maybe a 12 day like Princess does) I blatenly told them, you do Ireland or I'll just have to do Princess (with a smile)... Princess sails out of Southampton w/ 3 stops in Ireland 2 (I think ) in Scotland, and Paris ? or something like that. What a wonderful cruise that would be. That is what I'm waiting for. Just like Black Friday's when people are lining up at walmart. I'll be waiting to book Ireland. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but also have a good feeling that this may be offered. Hopefully it will be more than just the one week like it was in May of 09. Couldn't go cause I was going to Hawaii in Aug. :D What do you's think about that possibility....

One of the cruise consultants said Miami is pretty much saturated. Said there have been rumors of New Zealand or Asia. Just rumors at this point.

We loved the South America itinerary, but that's gone now. Would really enjoy being able to visit Asia or New Zealand in an NCL ship.

I think that there there needs to be an Antartica cruise :p (it's 107 here right now)

That has more to do with hurricane season than the heat.

No, sorry, it's not the hurricane season, and I never said it was the heat. We have cruised in the summer in the Caribbean many times in the past, but if you look at NCL's published calendar for next summer, there are very few Caribbean options, far fewer than there used to be.

This is a definite change in their ship positioning that has been remarked on elsewhere.

Archived