Oasis Balcony

The D balconys on Oasis are the lowest balconys that face the ocean, there are no Es on this ship.

Not sure what you consider a standard, since cabin sizes vary from ship class to ship class, unlike Carnival who has cabins that are pretty much all cookie cutter size.

cruisedeckplans.com if you click on RCL and Oasis will show you the size for D balconys and inside facing balconys.

I could be wrong, but what I thought I saw was D1 is slightly larger, D2 thru D8, all the same size.

The D1 is slighly larger (more depth) than the other categories. We had a D1 on our May 2011 crusie and booked the exact same cabin for our Oct 2011 cruise. Big enough for 2 but not more than that.

Grrr I have three people in my room, oh well someone is just going to have to stay inside until I'm ready to come in

Yeah, you can definitely fit 3 out there....we went to our friends balcony on our last trip and they had a D8 (I think....either way it was a standard balcony) and we fit 4 of us out there w/ chairs! We also had 2 adults and 2 kids out on our D1 and there is plenty of space. The D1's are nice, but I would rather have a wider balcony than a deeper balcony, if that makes sense. (not an option w/ out a suite, I believe) It was kind of nice to have the table, chair, and a lounger in the D1. We were upgraded for free, but I most likely wouldn't pay extra for it-as long as I can sit and watch the ocean, I'm fine :)

Yeah, you can definitely fit 3 out there....we went to our friends balcony on our last trip and they had a D8 (I think....either way it was a standard balcony) and we fit 4 of us out there w/ chairs! We also had 2 adults and 2 kids out on our D1 and there is plenty of space. The D1's are nice, but I would rather have a wider balcony than a deeper balcony, if that makes sense. (not an option w/ out a suite, I believe) It was kind of nice to have the table, chair, and a lounger in the D1. We were upgraded for free, but I most likely wouldn't pay extra for it-as long as I can sit and watch the ocean, I'm fine :)

How was inside the room for 3 people in a D1?

How was inside the room for 3 people in a D1?

We actually only had 2 of us in there, but we had a group of 50 together, so we often visited each others room on the way to meeting up. Is it 3 adults? You definitely will all fit, but I think it would be tight. Some of our friends had 3 in their D8...they were never in there. It probably didn't help that one of the cabin mates (female) left her stuff EVERYWHERE!!! If you can keep things neat, I think it would be fine. The deeper balcony will probably help to give the feeling of more space or at least somewhere to retreat to when others are getting ready for the night.

Keep in mind, I don't think that a D1 is any bigger inside then any other D categories...only the balcony itself is bigger. My sisters both had their kids in their D1's and were fine. In my opinion, especially on this ship, you will never be in there!!! We pretty much slept in there and got ready for dinner. My husband usually napped while I got ready so we stayed out of each others way.

Sorry, I just saw that you have 2 adults and a tween. You guys are going to be fine! In your case, I do think the D1 is worth it, again just to have the feeling of more space w/ the larger balcony. Just get a schedule down for the showers-there's a vanity in the cabin itself separate from the bathroom for hair/makeup. I will bet that you won't spend nearly as much time in there as you think you will....there's WAY to much to do on the ship itself!!! :)

Archived