New-style ship maps...

RickEk

That's awesome, it will really come in handy once the new Royal Princess is launched. I know my way around the Grand Class ships really well now, but for newcomers, I can imagine that it will be very helpful.

I like these new maps as I will be on the Caribbean Princess in a little over two months. . . one thing I have been doing since we have already received our cabin assignment from being guaranteed(we liked our assignment then I called Princess to uncheck the upgrade box) is I have been studying the ship layout so we will already know which set of elevators to use depending on where we want to go.

I got these new maps on the Golden in June. I thought they were an improvement over the old maps. But, I still wish they would print the maps in a deck plan format. I think they are so much easier to understand than these side view cut-out maps.

I got these new maps on the Golden in June. I thought they were an improvement over the old maps. But, I still wish they would print the maps in a deck plan format. I think they are so much easier to understand than these side view cut-out maps.

I completely agree with you. I find those cut-outs to be absolutely no help in actually finding my way somewhere on a new-to-me ship. Of course, it can be fun just wandering and getting serendipitously lost, but not so much when you're already 5 minutes late to a nail appointment and that's before you realise you can't figure out how to get to the salon on the Coral so you get a lecture from the manicurist about punctuality . . .

I always pore over the printed deck plans for weeks before, as part of the fun of pre-cruise obsession, but I have been known to take them along (I cut the pages out, not the entire brochure) for reference sometimes.

Just curious--did you write your cabin number in yourself, or was it written for you at check-in? The last think I would want is something that might be seen falling out of my pocket as I move about the ship to have my cabin number on it!

Just wondering why you would be so concerned about having your cabin number written on the map:confused::confused: Nobody can do anything with it except perhaps hand it in at the desk;)

Archived